ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 18.104.22.168 for Samsung Galaxy S3 *GSM* ONLY
This is the latest Touch Version from the ClockworkMod Site. I just packed it into a tar file so it can be flashed via Odin or Mobile Odin. Do not attempt to flash this image to the Snapdragon variant as it will not work.
DOWNLOAD LINK TO CWM 22.214.171.124 TOUCH
NOTE: CWM has the ability to 'choose backup format' to either the new .dup method with the blobs folder or the original .tar method where everything is in the date/time stamped folder. You can now ALSO 'create image zip' file from a NAND backup. Be patient with the zip backup option as it does take a while to create the zip (to be expected from a 1GB+ backup). Thank you for this addition koush it makes recovery alot more complete
Walkthrough video by TotallydubbedHD
How to Install ClockworkMod Touch
1. Download the attached tar file at the bottom of this post. DO NOT EXTRACT THIS FILE! If you end up with a recovery.img file then smack yourself and start again.
2. Download Odin (windows only) at the bottom if you don't already have it and unzip it to a folder on your PC
3. Reboot into Download Mode: Power off your device, Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
4. Plug your usb cable in
5. Start Odin (double click Odin3_v3.04.exe).
NOTE: When Odin opens you should see that the first box at the top under ID:COM should turn blue and 'Added' should appear in the message box in Odin.
6. Make sure 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' are ticked in Odin and nothing else.
7. Click on the 'PDA' button in Odin and browse to the recovery-cwmtouch-126.96.36.199-GTI9300.tar file that you downloaded.
8. Click on 'Start' to flash CWM to your phone.
NOTE: You can see whats happening in the message box in Odin. When the flash completes you should see 'RESET' in the top left the box and your phone will reboot.
9. You now have CWM Touch Recovery permanently flashed
How to Access ClockworkMod Touch
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
Stock Recovery being reflashed after a reboot?
There is an auto recovery restore system on stock roms that will reflash the Stock Recovery on a Stock Rom. If the restore files are renamed then CWM Recovery should not be overwritten after a reboot.
You need to be rooted and then delete or rename the following files:
You can then flash recovery without it being overwritten.
You can also do all this through the Galaxy S3 ToolKit
**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
Hello, first of all thank you for making this post, for someone like me who does not understand anything, I am very clear.
I tell my situation more or less to see if someone would be so kind to give me some tips.
I have my s3 without working the touch after a bad installation, you see that I put the kernel of a note 3 by mistake.
Now I want to change the ROM for another that is not the STOCK.
Install the CWM, I think it was installed without any problems because nothing strange appeared.
The problem I have is that probe 2 ROM to install and all give me failures, try the MIUI 8 and the Linage 16.0.
What ROM is 100% compatible with CWM?