ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
TWRP
for
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
aka Codina

Sources
Device tree: https://github.com/ChronoMonochrome/android_device_samsung_codina/tree/omni-7.1
Recovery Source: github.com/ChronoMonochrome/android_bootable_recovery/tree/android-7.1

Screenshots

EfiIxQX.png

ImDQVr2.png

pxxhAzw.png

1VfLBpS.png

JDyWvZi.png

b5X9dC7.png

1nTu29r.png

NVDUVY6.png

Installation

1) before installation, make sure that you've installed chrono kernel (r5.2 version or up is required for TWRP 3.1.1)
2) flash zip file

Download

http://xda.mister-freeze.eu/XDA-files/ChronoMonochrome/recovery/TWRP

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for codina, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
ChronoMonochrome, SergeyL

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-05-22

Created 2015-04-18
Last Updated 2017-05-22

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
Reserved

Changelog:

• rebased to the CM14.1 device tree by SergeyL
  • updated to the latest omnirom 7.1 sources
  • removed a device-specific hack
  • increased the scrollbar width in the file manager
  • re-added an initial support for the dualboot feature

• updated to latest omnirom's 5.1 recovery source
  • fixed reboot sequence bug introduced in 2.8.7.0
  • adjusted brightness and disabled vibration intensity by default
  • reworked genfstab

• fixed not working taking screenshots (thanks @Epirex for hint)
  • removed using path to CPU temp as it doesn't work properly

• initial release
  • added /ramdisk partition to backup list
  • added path to CPU temperature interface (that doesn't work sometimes though :) )

Known bugs:

• Report here if you have found any

About EXT4/F2FS

Whatever variants of filesystems on /cache, /data and /system (EXT4/F2FS) should work. However, only ext4 was tested by me. If you've encountered any issue with it, post here /ramdisk/twrp.fstab.

About installation on codinap

This installer should support codinap as well as codina. Otherwise report about it as I haven't tested installation on codinap.

Theme materialised

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-ace/ace-2-apps/twrp-materialised-t3066650

Last edited:

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
twrp, cwm.. what's the difference...really(wrote by user of cwm).
:p(i mean for real, rom modding experience :p),
i mean: allright, but this is clearly...matter of preference, not progress, yes?
Yep, this is matter of preference...

btw, guys, is there someone, that for some reason prefer twrp?
Not that I prefer TWRP or Philz(are we talking about philz?), I just wanted to get familiar with recovery building. Later, maybe I will be able to build ROMs (if it is possible on my machine). Even building recovery(with 4.4.4 sources) on x86 machine wasn't very easy, but at least it's possible. Some mess with default repos was needed.

I would hear..why, it amuses me, personally(backups, you know :) ).
What's wrong with backups?

manthes

Dec 2, 2011
For us with cwm black screen it is very important to have TWRP for recovery.
A big thanks to Chrono for this

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
Spalding, England, Łódź, Poland...
hm. i have not seen cwm blackscreen for year or so(s6d here), in old days only solution was to keep finger on screen in such cwm to see wtf is goin on. :)
Thing was related to kernel, idd, and definitely not to rom used, imho.

Last edited:

manthes

Dec 2, 2011
I have it all the time with CWM after cwm 5 or a version like that if i remember correctly. I dont know why. Maybe my s6d is more sensitive :D.
Before twrp it was a torture to test custom roms. However i think that TWRP is much more friendly.

And because we are just spamming right now i have to say that i test this recovery and it looks like that it is working fine (and it has better font)

ace2nutzer

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Samsung Galaxy S8

It's fixed on my Kernel and that from Chrono (latest Build).. at least on 20150405 it's 99,9% fixed .. just only one user of the whole world with s6d have still problems ..

btw: i've also s6d now, and even if i hardly OC that LCD.. i still don't have that blackscreen bug.. not on CM11 and not on cwm :eek::D

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
It's fixed on my Kernel and that from Chrono (latest Build).. at least on 20150405 it's 99,9% fixed .. just only one user of the whole world with s6d have still problems ..

btw: i've also s6d now, and even if i hardly OC that LCD.. i still don't have that blackscreen bug.. not on CM11 and not on cwm :eek::D
Sudden interest:
Tell me something: which settings of gov/i/o are used in twrp/cwm, where choice is taken from? Can we customize it? Or it is just some kind of lowlevel, generic thing?

Last edited:

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
Sudden interest:
Tell me something: which settings of gov/i/o are used in twrp/cwm, where choice is taken from? Can we customize it? Or it is just some kind of lowlevel, generic thing?

Kernel defaults are used on early stage of system init(this is when ROM settings / init.d scripts aren't loaded). But since neither first nor second is used in recovery, there should another way to work around it. I've provided /ramdisk/00recovery that runs at very early stage (probably earliest possible). Almost same work does /ramdisk/00userinit , but it run only when you boot in system.

Reactions: xo.en

ace2nutzer

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Samsung Galaxy S8
Sudden interest:

Yeah, i can only speak for my Kernel: I can set for every thing different Gov. I/O: CM, CWM, LPM (Offline-Charging) Also different LCD Brightness... and Different min. max CPU Freqs. and so on..

When i started to build the kernel for the first time, in CWM we had that config: (Default TC):
Performance Gov. (static 1Ghz !)
Brightness: 100%

Now it's running:

interactive, 400 - 800Mhz
Brightness 30% (also for offline charging, and CM bootlogo to save some power..)

EDIT: Nope, on my Kernel the User can only change Kernel tunables via init.d scripts ...(not for cwm and lpm)

Last edited:
Reactions: xo.en

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, i can only speak for my Kernel
I dig you - so, lowlevel setting that is used in twrp/cwm relies entirely on kernel settings(set/edited before compiling)?
Recovery just uses settings made as default before compiling, yes? This is the point - can we affect this AFTER :)
I mean - recovery uses same thing that we see after firs boot(i.e. in performance control, chronokernel app, etc), right?

SO, now - can we, in example - add option to change lcd freq setting to cwm/twrp level anyhow, too?
Or this thing is related to different area(i mean - is kiosk mode(you know what i mean..i hope, here) able to manage such things?)?

Ok, post is edited to maximum possible clearity, no more edits...for now :)

Last edited:

ace2nutzer

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Samsung Galaxy S8
I dig you - so, lowlevel setting that is used in twrp/cwm relies entirely on kernel settings(set/edited before compiling)?
Yes. - in ramdisk, .. (boot.img)
Recovery just uses settings made as default before compiling, yes? This is the point
Yes
can we affect this AFTER :)
Nope, but if u use Chrono K. then yes.. because u can edit the recovery files .... just do inits ... ;)
I mean - recovery uses same thing that we see after firs boot(i.e. in performance control, chronokernel app, etc), right?
Yes, but as i said, it's possibly to use different settings in recovery.. if it's writed as init on recovery files.. otherwise everything will run as kernel defaults .... :)

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
SO, now - can we, in example - add option to change lcd freq setting to cwm/twrp level anyhow, too?
Or this thing is related to different area(i mean - is kiosk mode(you know what i mean..i hope, here) able to manage such things?)?
If you are talking about kernel defaults itself - then no, these values are hardcoded. However these values can be overriden by initramfs scripts (or by mentioned before script on /ramdisk). As I said it is only a matter of time, I mean it's only about when these scripts runs.

ace2nutzer

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
Samsung Galaxy S8
If you are talking about kernel defaults itself - then no, these values are hardcoded. However these values can be overriden by initramfs scripts (or by mentioned before script on /ramdisk). As I said it is only a matter of time, I mean it's only about when these scripts runs.

Till now, i can override what i want on cwm.. it works.... but the command need to write on the right file / place .. otherwise they are overwritten again by kernel... To check if it works or not, simply check with ADB :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP
    for
    Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
    aka Codina

Sources
    Device tree: https://github.com/ChronoMonochrome/android_device_samsung_codina/tree/omni-7.1
    Recovery Source: github.com/ChronoMonochrome/android_bootable_recovery/tree/android-7.1

Screenshots

EfiIxQX.png

ImDQVr2.png

pxxhAzw.png

1VfLBpS.png

JDyWvZi.png

b5X9dC7.png

1nTu29r.png

NVDUVY6.png

Installation

1) before installation, make sure that you've installed chrono kernel (r5.2 version or up is required for TWRP 3.1.1)
    2) flash zip file

Download

http://xda.mister-freeze.eu/XDA-files/ChronoMonochrome/recovery/TWRP

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for codina, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
    ChronoMonochrome, SergeyL

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-05-22

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2017-05-22
    Reserved

Changelog:

• reworked genfstab

• fixed not working taking screenshots (thanks @Epirex for hint)
    • removed using path to CPU temp as it doesn't work properly

• initial release
    • added /ramdisk partition to backup list
    • added path to CPU temperature interface (that doesn't work sometimes though :) )

Known bugs:

• Report here if you have found any

About EXT4/F2FS

Whatever variants of filesystems on /cache, /data and /system (EXT4/F2FS) should work. However, only ext4 was tested by me. If you've encountered any issue with it, post here /ramdisk/twrp.fstab.

About installation on codinap

This installer should support codinap as well as codina. Otherwise report about it as I haven't tested installation on codinap.

Theme materialised

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-ace/ace-2-apps/twrp-materialised-t3066650
    New release is up!

Hey, after a long break, a new release is up!

Changelog:

* Install this build only after you've installed chrono kernel r5.2 (or up).
    OMG @ChronoMonochrome you are doing a very good job for our device .As always many thanks!!!! :D
    btw. later i upload new version of themes for TWRP :D

Edit: Themes Added
    New build

New build 2.8.7.0 is up!

Changelog:
    • reworked genfstab