This is a Custom CWM-Based Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 for Kindle Fire
Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!
[ info ]
This is standard CWM recovery with some smart features/modifications and ability to navigate using touch screen (on-screen buttons)
i dont have this device with me so cant do testing myself... smirkis & others from this thread helped out with testing it...
[ credits / special thanks ]
- Koush - for his brilliant work & coding for CWM recovery
- TeamWin - for the TWRP recovery... i have used the recovery.fstab from their recovery-ramdisk...
- pokey9000 - for providing the custom binaries to set bootmode
- Napstar - my teammate (Team UtterChaos) for his work on implementing touch based navigation interface
- sztupy - for his work on SteamMOD recovery (the core touch interface is based on his work)
- jcase - for pointing out correct default.prop entires
- all testers who helped with the initial test versions
[ WARNING ]
and incase this doest work correctly make sure that u can restore to factory condition...
DO NOT rapidly tap the on-screen buttons...
[ Requirements ]
- fastboot capable Kindle Fire (factory cable way or rooted and bootmode enabled)
[ features ]
- touch based on-screen buttons for navigation thru menus (from top to bottom):
- based on standard CWM188.8.131.52 recovery sources
- revamped layout for recovery menu (to improve navigation) [renamed few options and changed their order]
- changed "wipe data/factory reset" option to just "factory reset", and detailed the partitions which will be wiped
- added reboot options (Kindle Fire specific)
- reboot into system
- reboot into recovery
- reboot into fastboot mode
- "Partition SDCard" is disabled for this device
- add confirmation to "backup" option in Nandroid menu... it used to keep getting pressed by mistake and start making backups immediately... now it will ask u before starting backup
- removed tons of "NO"s from some menus...
- fixed "reboot into recovery" in "advanced menu"
- shows battery percentage [based on generic sysfs interface] (not sure if this works as i dont have device to test)
- shows current time (time when the recovery was entered/started)
- uses new Roboto FONT (from latest CWM repo)
- recovery build date/time is now shown
- new "select update.zip menu": it will give u a new option - "show file details" - which will display the size (in bytes) and the MD5SUM of the selected file
- new "advanced backup menu": it will allow the user to manually select which partitions to be backed up... supported partitions (/boot (kernel), /system, /data, /cache & /sd-ext)... THESE BACKUPs WILL BE DONE TO /sdcard
- added prompt to display the "backup folder name" when user starts restoring a backup
- added a warning and option to abort backup if space on sdcard is < 150 MB
- increased on screen log/output display to 36 rows
[ how to flash/install ]
reboot into fastboot mode and enter the command:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
[ how to use recovery ]
use onscreen buttons to navigate in recovery menus
[ what all to test ]
- flashing UPDATE.zip (test update.zip : test_emmc_update-v3.zip will copy a file "blankplaceholder" to /system, /data & /cache partitions)
- backup/restore of current ROM
- mounting USB storage in recovery menu
- access to device via adb
- fix permissions (Advanced Menu)
- reboot options (check if device can reboot into system, recovery & fastboot mode)
[ how to report issues ]
while reporting issues (if any) kindly provided detailed info as to what all steps lead to that error/issue... also while in this recovery mode (before rebooting) pull the recovery log files using ADB and upload them with ur post
adb pull /cache/recovery .
[ donations ]
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
[ sources ]
[ download links ]
< NEW >
[Kindle Fire] CWM-Based Touch Edition Recovery 184.108.40.206 by TeamUtterChaos (v01-FINAL)
< OLD >
[Kindle Fire] CWM-Based Touch Edition Recovery 220.127.116.11 by TeamUtterChaos (v01-BETA2)
[Kindle Fire] CWM-Based Touch Edition Recovery 18.104.22.168 by TeamUtterChaos (v01-BETA1)