[RECOVERY] Custom Recovery Image [CWM Touch 6.0.3.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
https://github.com/StarKissed/ek-gc100_recovery

This recovery was made using the EK-GC110 recovery.img ramdisk from the latest firmware release. The CWM Touch 6.0.3.2 is from a Samsung Galaxy SGS3 (Same board), modified with the custom kernel for the EK-GC (stripped version from this forum). The original recovery was used to provide the corrected init and fatal values, but all other aspects are relatively identical to the SGS3.

The recovery functions work, and appear fully functional. Keep in mind this is still in the testing phase. Work is being done to rebuild the necessary device configuration files based on information about the EK-GC and SGS3. The only aspect untested is the sdcard formatting options.

StarKissed Galaxy Cam Recoveries

This brings custom recovery to the Galaxy Camera, which is accessible by holding the zoom toggle to the right (red indicator should be on +) and pressing the power button. The difference between recovery and download mode is whether or not the shutter button is also held. Keeping the shutter button pressed will result in launching the Odin download mode.

Last edited:

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
It gets better ;)
Any idea if it works on the EK-GC100 (3G and Wi-Fi version) ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I was thinking more along the lines of the partition tables, I wasn't sure whether there were differences in that respect between devices and, whether it makes a difference even if there was.

I was thinking more along the lines of the partition tables, I wasn't sure whether there were differences in that respect between devices and, whether it makes a difference even if there was.

If you have a root file browser, they are in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name and the partition names should list where they link.

System is p9, boot p5, data p13, recovery p6

If they don't match, it would only be calling the by-name links instead of specific numbers. I avoided that for extra stability, but it would still work properly. I use the by-name for mounts and flashing in the zips already.

GriffinSauce

Apr 25, 2012
Hey I can't get this to flash.. stuck at NAND write when I use the gz and Odin says the MD5 is incorrect if I unpack first.

Any help?

Hey I can't get this to flash.. stuck at NAND write when I use the gz and Odin says the MD5 is incorrect if I unpack first.

Any help?

Download the tar version without the md5. Once the md5 is written to the file it can't be removed, but goo provides md5s to verify locally. I've tried md5 -r and that didnt work, but apparently neither did the homebrew md5sum

GriffinSauce

Apr 25, 2012
Download the tar version without the md5. Once the md5 is written to the file it can't be removed, but goo provides md5s to verify locally. I've tried md5 -r and that didnt work, but apparently neither did the homebrew md5sum

I see only .img and .gz files. Tried unzipping and removing the MD5 check, no dice.
Odin hangs at "NAND write" now.. Luckily no problems after resetting the device (no cwm though ;) )

Last edited:
I see only .img and .gz files. Tried unzipping and removing the MD5 check, no dice.
Odin hangs at "NAND write" now.. Luckily no problems after resetting the device (no cwm though ;) )

That's what I get for trusting my script. It missed copying the basic tar to the folder to upload. It should be uploaded shortly. That one should solve it.

GriffinSauce

Apr 25, 2012
That's what I get for trusting my script. It missed copying the basic tar to the folder to upload. It should be uploaded shortly. That one should solve it.

Argh, that didn't work either so I took a good hard look and I see I have an EK-GC100 ... :rolleyes:
Sorry for wasting your time so far. :(

Do you think it is possible to make it compatible? Can I supply my stock recovery for that?

Argh, that didn't work either so I took a good hard look and I see I have an EK-GC100 ... :rolleyes:
Sorry for wasting your time so far. :(

Do you think it is possible to make it compatible? Can I supply my stock recovery for that?

It should have been already but with the stock one I can make sure it will be

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4

Alright, I took the stock recovery that was posted and used the kernel image and modules from that, tweaked the partition tables a little more, and hopefully it should now work. Samsung is weird. Some have an internal_sd and external_sd, some have sdcard and this extSDCard, some have sdcard and sdcard1. No wonder apps always have issues with trying to use the card.

Reactions: GriffinSauce

GriffinSauce

Apr 25, 2012
Alright, I took the stock recovery that was posted and used the kernel image and modules from that, tweaked the partition tables a little more, and hopefully it should now work. Samsung is weird. Some have an internal_sd and external_sd, some have sdcard and this extSDCard, some have sdcard and sdcard1. No wonder apps always have issues with trying to use the card.

Thanks again!

Still no go. I tried recovery.08-13-2013_08.42.tar and recovery.08-13-2013_08.42.tar.md5. Still halting at "NAND Write Start!"
Tried with Odin v3.07 and 1.3. Also did flash a stock rom via Odin the other day, so it should work..

Could there be some write protection on the recovery?

Thanks again!

Still no go. I tried recovery.08-13-2013_08.42.tar and recovery.08-13-2013_08.42.tar.md5. Still halting at "NAND Write Start!"
Tried with Odin v3.07 and 1.3. Also did flash a stock rom via Odin the other day, so it should work..

Could there be some write protection on the recovery?

There shouldn't be. I don't use Odin, though. I have a Mac, so I have a compiled version of the Heimdall or whatever that one is. The original flash was done with Odin, though. I wonder if its a lock from the service provider. Let me see if I can somehow get a proper md5 attached. That may help.

Delux9364

Nov 5, 2009
I fixed the problem.

Just unzip and flash this through Odin.

Reboot with power + zoom+

You're in CWM recovery, enjoy! :D

Attachments

• working_recovery.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,979
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/StarKissed/ek-gc100_recovery

This recovery was made using the EK-GC110 recovery.img ramdisk from the latest firmware release. The CWM Touch 6.0.3.2 is from a Samsung Galaxy SGS3 (Same board), modified with the custom kernel for the EK-GC (stripped version from this forum). The original recovery was used to provide the corrected init and fatal values, but all other aspects are relatively identical to the SGS3.

The recovery functions work, and appear fully functional. Keep in mind this is still in the testing phase. Work is being done to rebuild the necessary device configuration files based on information about the EK-GC and SGS3. The only aspect untested is the sdcard formatting options.

StarKissed Galaxy Cam Recoveries

This brings custom recovery to the Galaxy Camera, which is accessible by holding the zoom toggle to the right (red indicator should be on +) and pressing the power button. The difference between recovery and download mode is whether or not the shutter button is also held. Keeping the shutter button pressed will result in launching the Odin download mode.
    YES!! Sorry for the late reply, this works!
    Heimdall didn't work with the original files either. Anyway, I have CWM now and can do backups and screw around without fear :)

Thanks so much both of you, very awesome!

I have a feeling the tar command was corrupted when I went to add it to the script because I had the Linux command in the Mac section.

Over the next few days I will start releasing the mods and packages I've been working on. Currently the deodex is a 1:1 replacement of files to work with almost any region, but I am working on being able to do the phone/sms mod and reboot without having to have a specific build or lose the sound menu options.
    Update right from the source: http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EK-GC120BKAVZW-specs
    Verizon model uses MDM chipset vice Exynos. Won't this affect trying to use all the same source for kernels and recoveries?!? I hope not...

Old: I have to ask because I can't seem to find the answer to this but I thought I caught somewhere that at least the Verizon GC120 uses an MDM qualcomm chipset vs the Exynos 4412. Is that true and if so wouldn't it affect this? If not I'm happy to be proven wrong but couldn't come up with a solid answer.

*I'm hopefully picking up a Verizon variant of this soon but likely won't if I can't at least use recovery. If I do I can provide you whatever files you would need from it for this and/or the kernel. Thanks for all your work either way!

That would make things a little different, but only in respect to getting a different kernel into the recovery for that one. It should be an easy fix.
    It gets better ;)
    Any idea if it works on the EK-GC100 (3G and Wi-Fi version) ?

Should work on all variants. The radio isn't called by recovery so I see no reason it wouldn't.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/osyk8p05kjcicjg/recovery.img

This is the stock recovery of my device. Thanks for taking the trouble!

I didn't forget about you. Tomorrow I should be able to get something together that will work.