[RECOVERY] CWM 6.x - i9500 Ex#2

Search This thread

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Hey, I bring to you, Clockworkmod Recovery or commonly known as CWM for your beloved i9500 (S4). Giving your device the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods in the future. Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery and stock boot.img. As you can see, it works:
Hey! I can confirm that it works flawlessly on i9500. No Bricks, instalation went smooth, boots to CWM without problems. Gonna post some more details later. See ya!

This has not been tested by me but is reported to work, but is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
I have provided CWM and the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
CWM Experimental #2: http://d-h.st/jca
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/1OW

Changelog:
Code:
[I][U]Experimental #2[/U][/I]
Mount partitions fix
Backup / restore directories fixed^
Now with touch

[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
Public release

Last edited:

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Thank you. I have always preferred to use CWM for custom recovery. By chance, are you planning to release a i9505 version of CWM. I'm sure one will surface as soon as the official phone release or as soon as the forum splits, but I thought I would ask just in case. Again, thank you.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Thank you. I have always preferred to use CWM for custom recovery. By chance, are you planning to release a i9505 version of CWM. I'm sure one will surface as soon as the official phone release or as soon as the forum splits, but I thought I would ask just in case. Again, thank you.
Yeah I can build for it too. I just require the stock recovery img and thr stock boot.img

Reactions: x625 and ::indie::

KINGbabasula

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2013
Treviso
Hey, I bring to you, Clockworkmod Recovery or commonly known as CWM for your beloved i9500 (S4). Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery and stock boot.img
This has not been tested by me and is extremely experimental. I hold no responsibility for
any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Anyways I have provided CWM and the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
CWM Experimental #1: http://d-h.st/MWE

Can i add your recovery in my tool?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2

Acuap

Mar 20, 2012
Warsaw
Hey! I can confirm that it works flawlessly on i9500. No Bricks, instalation went smooth, boots to CWM without problems. Gonna post some more details later. See ya!

Reactions: emwno

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
how long until TWRP is released for the S4 after it's released?
I've always used CWM or CWM-based, so this time I'm going to try TWRP

TWRP is opensource. Technically, SGS4 is not much different from SGS3 (from TWRP point of view). So, it won't be a problem to compile for those who already has SGS4 and has experience with compilation.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
TWRP is opensource. Technically, SGS4 is not much different from SGS3 (from TWRP point of view). So, it won't be a problem to compile for those who already has SGS4 and has experience with compilation.
I dont think so. I have compiled twrp before many times and it has never worked like that for me. A device tree needs to be set up for the i9500 which im working on to compile twrp (maybe im wrong here)

Reactions: ::indie::

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
If any i9505 user or Korean galaxy s4 user reads this. Please post your devices stock recovery.img and stock boot.img. so thst I can provide CWM for you as well

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I dont think so. I have compiled twrp before many times and it has never worked like that for me. A device tree needs to be set up for the i9500 which im working on to compile twrp (maybe im wrong here)

Only very basic device setup required for TWRP. Can try some existing device with the same display resolution and then tweak some parameters.

I will try it by myself when i will get SGS4.

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Only very basic device setup required for TWRP. Can try some existing device with the same display resolution and then tweak some parameters.

I will try it by myself when i will get SGS4.
I have setup the tree for both building source roms and twrp recovery. Tho, the device tree for roms is incomplete, you can find it here: https://github.com/emwno/android_device_samsung_ja3g . And as for the twrp, I cant build it as ill need to sync source code again. (wiped some directories accidentally)

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I have setup the tree for both building source roms and twrp recovery. Tho, the device tree for roms is incomplete, you can find it here: https://github.com/emwno/android_device_samsung_ja3g . And as for the twrp, I cant build it as ill need to sync source code again. (wiped some directories accidentally)

For SGSIII i build just TWRP binary, not whole recovery image. I like to make my own custom ramfs. I don't use exfat_fuse. I use native samsung kernel modules with simple modification of TWRP to let it think it uses FAT volume. Also i use sdcard binary to mount /sdcard as it mounted in android to avoid files access rights mess. That's why i get only TWRP binary linked statically (instead of dynamically).
I use CM9 source tree. When i got first patches for SGSIII TWRP - they were for CM9. So I continue to use CM9 since there are absolutely no reason to switch to CM10.x in terms of recovery building.

Because my recovery requires some amount of manual work and many tries, i cannot make it without having device in hands. So, i will wait for SGS4.
If there won't be SGS4 tree in CM, then i'm going to use SGSIII's one with adjusted resolution. Everything else should be the same as in SGSIII, IMHO.

Reactions: emwno

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
For SGSIII i build just TWRP binary, not whole recovery image. I like to make my own custom ramfs. I don't use exfat_fuse. I use native samsung kernel modules with simple modification of TWRP to let it think it uses FAT volume. Also i use sdcard binary to mount /sdcard as it mounted in android to avoid files access rights mess. That's why i get only TWRP binary linked statically (instead of dynamically).
I use CM9 source tree. When i got first patches for SGSIII TWRP - they were for CM9. So I continue to use CM9 since there are absolutely no reason to switch to CM10.x in terms of recovery building.

Because my recovery requires some amount of manual work and many tries, i cannot make it without having device in hands. So, i will wait for SGS4.
If there won't be SGS4 tree in CM, then i'm going to use SGSIII's one with adjusted resolution. Everything else should be the same as in SGSIII, IMHO.
I should have thought of that. ... anyways I set up one with the twrp flags. Tried building on a 32bit system but failed to do so. If you want, I can send you everything you will need

harise100

Oct 20, 2011
Will it support extfat?

Because if extfat is the default file system on a S4,there is no point without it.

... And don't give me no license BS. M$ already got my cash when I put my 649€ on the electronic stores counter.

Sent from my GT I9300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I bring to you, Clockworkmod Recovery or commonly known as CWM for your beloved i9500 (S4). Giving your device the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods in the future. Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery and stock boot.img. As you can see, it works:

This has not been tested by me but is reported to work, but is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
    for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

I have provided CWM and the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
    CWM Experimental #2: http://d-h.st/jca

Changelog:
    Code:
    [I][U]Experimental #2[/U][/I]
    Mount partitions fix
    Backup / restore directories fixed^
    Now with touch

[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
    Public release
    Building new version. Should fix all issues
    Yeah I can build for it too. I just require the stock recovery img and thr stock boot.img
    Ill build that too. after CWM is fixed completely.

Can i add your recovery in my tool?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2

sure
    I wonder what everyone else was doing wrong. Great to hear it works for you.

perhaps they are not pressing the buttons correctly,

one more bug , with usb plugged in the volume up down buttons dosent work, once the usb is removed im able to use vol buttons in recovery

edit: looks like the bug is random, its working fine for now