[Recovery]CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

Search This thread

tenfar

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 16, 2007
Beijing
www.tenfar.com
this is compiled form pure ClockWorkMod sources.
and i do a little modified.
now it's using the htc stock processbar and background.
use at you own risk.

i've already tested it, all function works as it should.

Please unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com

then use fastboot to flash this.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Screenshots:

device-2011-11-16-140301.jpg
device-2011-11-16-140319.jpg

Downloads :
View attachment runnymede-cwm-recovery.zip

Last edited:

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
liverpool
it works so why do we need koush for everything...... there are others who are just as capable. this along with chinese version work so i am happy. now try cappy rom lol

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

flashed this recovery.img which is english and it works. just backing up my original rom now to flash cappys runnymede v1.1. excited as well. back up completed without a hitch and mounted usb storage in recovery. all seems fine guys for now

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

did wipe data/factory reset which completed successfully and install zip from sdcard etc so i am happy with it for now

tenfar

Jul 16, 2007
Beijing
www.tenfar.com
it works so why do we need koush for everything...... there are others who are just as capable. this along with chinese version work so i am happy. now try cappy rom lol

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

flashed this recovery.img which is english and it works. just backing up my original rom now to flash cappys runnymede v1.1. excited as well. back up completed without a hitch and mounted usb storage in recovery. all seems fine guys for now

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

did wipe data/factory reset which completed successfully and install zip from sdcard etc so i am happy with it for now

this is based on Koush's Open Sources ClockWorkMod Recovery, so indeed we need Koush. :) we should thank koush for his great work and contribution for this community. :) BTW. Thanks for confirming this is working.

Reactions: shingers5

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
liverpool
this is based on Koush's Open Sources ClockWorkMod Recovery, so indeed we need Koush. :) we should thank koush for his great work and contribution for this community. :) BTW. Thanks for confirming this is working.

nope i dint mean it like that mate. yea all of this wouldnt be possible without him but we shouldnt be reluctant to try it just cause he hasnt endorsed it. just cause you posted it dont mean it wont work ..................... as i can testify it works and quite well. i just done a full restore from back up and it went through flawlessly. thanks again to you and koush for his open sopurces.

wwfc

Nov 6, 2010
High Wycombe, England
nope i dint mean it like that mate. yea all of this wouldnt be possible without him but we shouldnt be reluctant to try it just cause he hasnt endorsed it. just cause you posted it dont mean it wont work ..................... as i can testify it works and quite well. i just done a full restore from back up and it went through flawlessly. thanks again to you and koush for his open sopurces.

Can i ask how you got S-OFF? On the HTCdev.com it doesn't have sensation XL listed

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
liverpool
Can i ask how you got S-OFF? On the HTCdev.com it doesn't have sensation XL listed

its there. i take it you mean unlock bootloader? s-off isnt available as yet from what i can see but from htc dev you can unlock ya bootloader. HTC sensation xl or runnymede(RUNNYMEDE) - same phone

l345h

Jul 21, 2010
its there. i take it you mean unlock bootloader? s-off isnt available as yet from what i can see but from htc dev you can unlock ya bootloader. HTC sensation xl or runnymede(RUNNYMEDE) - same phone
Hi all, on the htc dev website i cant see the sensation xl at all..... are you using the sensation xe htc sync?

jammysunny

Feb 13, 2009
Karlsruhe
+1,
Same.....no Sensation xl or runnymede found:(
Can someone write a Howto?
Or somebody have it uploadet to a mirror?
I think, there are some progs for download, to manage the unlock....
I have Rom 207, normally 407, so I wonder, if it is O2-Germany brandet....
Can I unlock my Bootloader too?

tenfar

Jul 16, 2007
Beijing
www.tenfar.com
+1,
Same.....no Sensation xl or runnymede found:(
Can someone write a Howto?
Or somebody have it uploadet to a mirror?
I think, there are some progs for download, to manage the unlock....
I have Rom 207, normally 407, so I wonder, if it is O2-Germany brandet....
Can I unlock my Bootloader too?

you dont need to see it in the list. it did not show in the list does not mean it can not been unlocked. just follow the steps. you can unlock your phones bootloader if you can use fastboot command to get the identify token.

jammysunny

Feb 13, 2009
Karlsruhe
Ok, sorry,

I wanted to unlock the bootloader, so I registered me on the page "htcdev.com", to do it....
But before unlocking, I wanted to check my Java and my SDK, so I installed my Java, but it couldnt be installed:(
And thats the base of the SDK, so my first step doesnt be positive....

Edit: I managed it, cool!!

Last edited:

CraschTD

Sep 7, 2009
I had a problem with my defy (I replaced a system file), and now it doesn't start into androdi, so I need to flash a custom recovery with RSD Lite.
..but I can't find an image file with only CWM.
Could you please share how did you recompile CWM?

Thanks in advance!

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recogni
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
how to flash it in fastboot ?
Firstly I would suggest using the Paul O'Brein recovery from the MoDaCo site

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348973-clockworkmod-recovery-5027-unofficial-modaco-edition/

Also have you got the Fastboot tools on your computer, you will need these to be able to install CWM and they're part of the android sdk package. Once you have the fastboot tools, move the recovery.img to the folder where fastboot.exe is and open a command window (I take it your using windows... hold left shift button and then right click, in the options you will see 'open command prompt here') and from the command prompt type this

fastboot flash recovery r1-recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-modaco-runnymede.img (tip is to type r1 then hit tab to complete full line without typing it all)

This has all been explained in other threads...

DanTehMan01

Oct 30, 2011
Sheffield
I was bored today at work, so I've download and flashed this Recovery

My process was;

• Stock
  • November time I unlocked the Bootloader
  • waited mainly due to lazyness
  • Today downloaded this Recovery
  • Flashed recovery via fastboot
  • Jobs a good 'un

Done a backup and waiting on RCMix3D Runny to download then install etc

No special tools or tricks of the trade, have had the SDK etc installed on my PC here since my G1 on launch day,, well soon after launch day anyway :D

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Firstly I would suggest using the Paul O'Brein recovery from the MoDaCo site

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348973-clockworkmod-recovery-5027-unofficial-modaco-edition/

Also have you got the Fastboot tools on your computer, you will need these to be able to install CWM and they're part of the android sdk package. Once you have the fastboot tools, move the recovery.img to the folder where fastboot.exe is and open a command window (I take it your using windows... hold left shift button and then right click, in the options you will see 'open command prompt here') and from the command prompt type this

fastboot flash recovery r1-recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-modaco-runnymede.img (tip is to type r1 then hit tab to complete full line without typing it all)

This has all been explained in other threads...

I just keep getting <waiting for device>

:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is compiled form pure ClockWorkMod sources.
    and i do a little modified.
    now it's using the htc stock processbar and background.
    use at you own risk.

i've already tested it, all function works as it should.

Please unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com

then use fastboot to flash this.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Screenshots:

device-2011-11-16-140301.jpg
    device-2011-11-16-140319.jpg

Downloads :
    View attachment runnymede-cwm-recovery.zip

Have you got HTC sync installed... If so either uninstall it or make sure its not running in the background because it can effect it when you're trying to use fastboot. If not make sure you have all the correct drivers installed...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
    Look in the Chinese rom thread and look to post 18 that's where the boot.img is and if I remember rightly the post after is the Chinese rom which shingers5 uploaded...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone