• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][CWM] CWM Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Search This thread

Rox

Nov 11, 2012
Mostar
CWM v6.0.5.1 recovery for S3 Neo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation:
1st Method ( Flashable ZIP )
1. Download CWM flashable zip for S3 Neo and transfer it to your phone
2. Boot your device into recovery ( Vol Up + Home+ Power )
3. Install TWRP flashable zip
4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

2nd Method ( Odin method )
1. Download recovery.tar.md5
2. Download ODIN and Samsung USB drivers
3. Boot device in download mode ( Vol down + home + power )
4. Press volume up ( continue ) and connect phone with PC
5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( There should write somethiing like "0:[COM11]" in first box and it will be yellow )
6. Press PDA and navigate to recovery.tar.md5
7. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked
8. Press "Start" and wait few seconds
9. Device will reboot and you will have CWM recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

3rd method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
1. Download cwm.img and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
3. Open Teminal emulator and type
NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
or to be 100% sure you can write this, effect is same
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Note: You can change path to recovery.img to your optional
4. Now you have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

Enjoy! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( [email protected] ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

esirad

Jan 16, 2011
thanks it worked perfectly and easily installed .

edit : damn it , flashing is realy fast

Last edited:

MoHuToP

Aug 7, 2009
Sofia
Installation:

1. Download recovery.tar
3. Boot device in download mode...

The recovery.tar link is dead. Can you reapload, please?

Edit: I think this is the new link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation:
    1st Method ( Flashable ZIP )
    1. Download CWM flashable zip for S3 Neo and transfer it to your phone
    2. Boot your device into recovery ( Vol Up + Home+ Power )
    3. Install TWRP flashable zip

1. Download recovery.tar.md5
    3. Boot device in download mode ( Vol down + home + power )
    4. Press volume up ( continue ) and connect phone with PC
    5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( There should write somethiing like "0:[COM11]" in first box and it will be yellow )
    6. Press PDA and navigate to recovery.tar.md5
    7. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked
    8. Press "Start" and wait few seconds
    9. Device will reboot and you will have CWM recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power ) :)

3rd method ( Terminal emulator - requires rooted device )
    1. Download cwm.img and transfer it to your phone ( i will use /sdcard but it is optional)
    2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
    3. Open Teminal emulator and type
    NOTE: It is VERY IMPORTANT to write this correctly because you are risking to hard brick your device if you mistype number, double check before pressing enter
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
    or to be 100% sure you can write this, effect is same
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    Note: You can change path to recovery.img to your optional

Enjoy! ;)

If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( [email protected] ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)
    Updated link in 3rd method, now cwm recovery is flashing and wiping faster ! And it can be installed on both variants ( GT-I9300I AND GT-I9301I )
    thanks work fine for me good job :good::good::good:
    Odin file updated now, there shouldnt be troubles with odin flashing anymore
    I did everything and Odin sucessfully flash CWM and I tried with TWRP too, and when I tried to go into recovery with volume up + home +power it just go into standard android recovery. It say "no command"?!

I repeat everything went perfectly ok even with two versions of Odin.

edit: I have i9301i with 4.4.2

edit2: Finnaly I solve it. I had to enter recovery immedately after Odin restarts phone. If I miss that, I cannot enter recovery anymore even it was installed perfectly. When odin restarts phone just hold volume up and home.