• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[recovery] CWM for Betelgeuse v0.3 - Now with USB support

Search This thread

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
I have made some modifications to the famous ClockworkMod recovery that enable to chose internal storage or sd-card for backup and flashing. I think this is quite useful. I also want to try to add usb-drives to this list, but that will take some more coding.

The source code is availlable in my gihub.

WARNING: USB does not seem to be hotplugable. Plug before boot and don't remove till reboot. I managed to get a complete lockup (had to remove battery to get out) by not obeying this.

USB Disk must have exactly one vfat partition.

Download v0.3:

Last edited:

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
Changelog

v0.3
- Add USB support

v0.2
- Based on ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8
- Add menu items to chose sd or internal drive

Last edited:

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
Your idea is great and keep up!!! I'll flash your recovery when its become more stable. I just make it usable after lots of problems and I want to brick it again. I think you understood me.

Sent from my Folio 100 using Tapatalk

eraph2

Sep 11, 2008
Dual boot command in CWM possible ?

MBlaster

First of all, thank you for your work and efforts.
Since you seem to be familiar with adding features to CWM, I have one question : would it be possible to add a menu-entry for choosing an alternative boot (like for example ubuntu installed on a SD-Card ...) ?

Regards,

eRaph

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
I have made some modifications to the famous ClockworkMod recovery that enable to chose internal storage or sd-card for backup and flashing. I think this is quite useful. I also want to try to add usb-drives to this list, but that will take some more coding.

WARNING: USB does not seem to be hotplugable. Plug before boot and don't remove till reboot. I managed to get a complete lockup (had to remove battery to get out) by not obeying this.

Download v0.3:

Thanks for this job. Just a question: what is the procedure for recovery update ? I start with a stock rom rooted and with recovery from foliomod1.4 installed via ADB.

Thanks

miazza

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
Hello to everybody. I need this recovery but the links are boken. can someone help by reaupload or send as PM.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download v0.3: