• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] CWM for NVIDIA SHIELD

Search This thread

Gnurou

Aug 9, 2010
Tokyo
Just tested, seems to be working fine. Great job using the joypad and A/B buttons for control. Strangely the home button also moves selection up.

Rooting and backup have just become easier! :victory:

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
It should, but I intend to verify this soon. I *may* modify it a bit so that any "automatic" updates require you to accept them instead of just silently updating, for those who root their devices and such, and don't want an OTA to blast it without being near a computer.

We NEED OTA RootKeeper to update to support 4.3... Then that wouldn't be a problem! haha. That restored root on my Prime MANY TIMES.

agrabren

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 28, 2011
Weld County, CO
We NEED OTA RootKeeper to update to support 4.3... Then that wouldn't be a problem! haha. That restored root on my Prime MANY TIMES.

Actually, it'd be trivial to modify CWM to maintain itself during an OTA (by preventing the flashing of the recovery partition) as well as to re-inject root on the device after the OTA.

Reactions: wwjoshdew

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Hello will you be releasing a stock recovery as well? Just in case we want to go back =)

I see you factory images only have boot & system at the moment.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts