• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery]CWM for Samsung Galaxy SIII mini - official

Search This thread

Sn0w0nS

Jun 18, 2012
Ghent
Yes TWRP has 3 button combo that just so great. I hope this wil work for cwm soon as I prefer to use cwm.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium

Last edited:

Sn0w0nS

Jun 18, 2012
Ghent
Yes just disscoverd that:( by the way if you turn off in twrp it boots in twrp anyway so it has nothing to do with 3 button combo.

djfxda

Feb 13, 2013
Hi all,

Just one question. This CWM mod increases the binary count? If i flash the phone with another rom after install this mod the binary counter is increased?

About the problem refering the issue with hardware buttons after flashing a 4.1.2 rom i see that happens always, but if you lock the phone using the left button and unlock the phone, the buttons works again without problem. It's not necessary to downgrade the phone to 4.1.1.

tys0n

Hi all,

Just one question. This CWM mod increases the binary count? If i flash the phone with another rom after install this mod the binary counter is increased?

About the problem refering the issue with hardware buttons after flashing a 4.1.2 rom i see that happens always, but if you lock the phone using the left button and unlock the phone, the buttons works again without problem. It's not necessary to downgrade the phone to 4.1.1.

It will only be increased if you flash cwm with odin. Not if you install it through rom manager or "dd"-command, but that needs root.
Flashing roms and mods with cwm will not increase custom binary count.

djfxda

Feb 13, 2013
cnWork places

Hi tys0n, thanks for your reply!

Then if I have CWM installed on the phone and I want to flash a new rom if I do it with CWM the binnary count is not increased, is this correct?

And on a second case... if I have CWM installed and I flash a new rom with Odin the binnary counter is modified?

Thanks for the help! :good:

pd: Maybe my questions seems to be something stupid... but i prefer to ask for it before get it wrong! ;)

Last edited:

GCChrstie

Apr 2, 2013
Few days ago an official CWM recovery was made from the ClokworkMod team for our device. Here you can find the link for the site to download or you can download the ROM Manager app from the play store. It's version 6.0.2.7 and it is the latest version.
It's official so don't ask if it work, cos it works. :)

This has nothing to do with me, it's not my work, i'm just sharing the info!

Anyway around this...ROM manager cannot be installed in your devices country?
I have rooted my GT-I8190N that I purchased in China and this is working, can now access Google Play :laugh:
I would like to install CWM

antukubo

Feb 9, 2011
Johor Bahru
I didn't use CWM quite a long time ago because it got issue when restoring data partition bigger than 2Gb, Well, TWRP got the same issue but its compression is much more better than CWM. For example, compression with CWM gives me 2.2Gb but with TWRP it compress until 1.8Gb. That's a huge different and saves me from restoring '2Gb issue'.

Does the latest CWM tackle down the issue? Anybody manage to restore data partition bigger than 2Gb? (I can't test because my data haven't reach 2Gb yet)

XIII_1985

Aug 11, 2012
Rijeka
OnePlus 6T
i still cannot install any of custom ROM's...not with CWM or anything else... i root my phone but with no luck... i have superSU control, i install ROM manager...
Maybe my questions seems to be something stupid... but i prefer to ask for it before get it wrong!

THX

sorry for bad English :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Few days ago an official CWM recovery was made from the ClokworkMod team for our device. Here you can find the link for the site to download or you can download the ROM Manager app from the play store. It's version 6.0.2.7 and it is the latest version.
    It's official so don't ask if it work, cos it works. :)

ClockworkMod website link
    Play Store link

This has nothing to do with me, it's not my work, i'm just sharing the info!
    thanks how to uninstall cwm?

Find a backup of original recovery.img for i8190 and put it on your external sd.
    Use Terminal emulator with "dd if=/storage/extSdCard/recovery.img of=dev/block/mmcblk0p21" command, and it will be written to your recovery partition.
    thanks how to uninstall cwm?
    What different between CWM recovery and original recovery?

Is both support three key combo reboot? Volume up + home + power when phone starting..... or how?

Which is better for usage?

Cwm recovery allows you to flash .zip files not signed by samsung. And it also has some othet function wich the stock recovery doesnt have.

Thanks for this, where would I find an original recovery image please?

I posted a link HERE.:good: