[Recovery][CWM] SGH-T599- Working

Search This thread

drevil00

Sep 15, 2011
Yes it will . I am about to try it on the metro

edit i flashed recovery with heimdall go into recovery and it will root it when you reboot system
install supersu it will reboot you into recovery and then let you make cwm stick :) done after that

I got bricked idk why but I blame super su app so dont install it

Going to upload a complete metro pcs stock later it was incomplete then I will compile a recovery specifically for us I am on linux so I was able to dump the pit using heimdall as well as read it
Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

I had similar issues when I was using link2sd. Su would not load fast enough and wouldnt grant permissions fast enough so it would hang my system.

Anything I cann do to help with the regular 599 version?

Reactions: Unjustified Dev

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I had similar issues when I was using link2sd. Su would not load fast enough and wouldnt grant permissions fast enough so it would hang my system.

Anything I cann do to help with the regular 599 version?

Hmm not really if the stock odin has all the files you are ok I have a system dump for all versions :) started already https://github.com/Team-Exhibit

Now I have to make vendor-common and and two more device trees

edit : Finished for now I just need to make sure all the vendor files are the same

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Uploading metro PCS stock you need heimdall frontend to use it . Simply load the package in the first tab and it will install . This makes it easier for people who have Linux, Windows, or Mac.

thecasual01

May 7, 2013
North Hills
Yes it will . I am about to try it on the metro

edit i flashed recovery with heimdall go into recovery and it will root it when you reboot system
install supersu it will reboot you into recovery and then let you make cwm stick :) done after that

I got bricked idk why but I blame super su app so dont install it

Going to upload a complete metro pcs stock later it was incomplete then I will compile a recovery specifically for us I am on linux so I was able to dump the pit using heimdall as well as read it

I'm not familiar with Heimdall could someone give me some links or explain please and thank you :eek:

thecasual01

May 7, 2013
North Hills
Oh okay so what you're saying is recovery is a no go right now, for the Metro version?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Oh okay so what you're saying is recovery is a no go right now, for the Metro version?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I have no idea I am thinking its device specific recovery just for the kernel part. I tried to build one but some stupid build on clockworkmod site has been going for 13 hours and has not been stopped . Recovery works it just keeps rebooting into it when you reboot system

Reactions: thecasual01

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Ok so do I root it first then install CWM or install this first

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 4

Just flash cwm once you go into recovery it will root itself then install super su from the market. Super su will eventually ask to install as system app. Select install then when it disappears restart the phone. Or easy enough download super su zip. Odin cwm then flash super su zip.

http://download.chainfire.eu/346/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.55.zip

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
All models need this

t599 @drevil00 or @camaro322hp could you send me framework-res.apk please?

t599v @tamil.soljahz could you send me framework-res.apk please?

Also I need both of you to go to apns in mobile networks and tell me what's the name for your network this way we can make data work better by telling it a specific apn

I need these the apn name,mcc,mnc

t559n I already have it done for us :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts