[RECOVERY][discovery] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxa2ultra.html

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][discovery] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-10-30
Last Updated 2020-06-25

A

Aklenz07

Thank you for this. I was able to boot the recovery and install magisk on my device. Is there any way to make the recovery permanent or do we have to fastboot the recovery every time?

GunnarZX

Nov 15, 2016
Nantes
Error flash

Hi,

I installed LineageOS but when I want to flash the "recovery", I am in error...
"target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (57720 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.281s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: No such partition.)
finished. total time: 1.284s"

Why ?

bsbrfb

Dec 9, 2018
Messed up my Xperia XA2 ultra

Hi i tried to use twrp 3 to install lineage OS.
Unlocked bootloader.
Fastboot boot the twrp.img
Backed up the device
Installed lineage os 15.1 and got an error
So decided to roll back to stock os
Restored the backup files.
It failed to restore it: device in bootloop.

I tried to use sony flashtool got an error; usb debug off

Can anybody help me?

A

Aklenz07

Hi i tried to use twrp 3 to install lineage OS.
Unlocked bootloader.
Fastboot boot the twrp.img
Backed up the device
Installed lineage os 15.1 and got an error
So decided to roll back to stock os
Restored the backup files.
It failed to restore it: device in bootloop.

I tried to use sony flashtool got an error; usb debug off

Can anybody help me?
Restore phone with Sony flash tool
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/

Install Lineage properly
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/discovery/install

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018
bootloader enter your imei it will give a key following all instructions precisely. it tells you the rxact command to use for unlocking the bootloader. after its unlocked, open your command prompt in your adb /fastboot folder. then adb reboot bootloader. after reboot phone will be blank screen. you have to download twrp 3.3.0.0 .img its the most updated. do that before the adb thing. then after adb thing, when you are booted into bootloader.....fastboot boot twrpxxxxx.img
this will boot into recovery. make sure you have magisk 19.zip doenloaded to your phone. then just flash magisk from the recovery, after reboot install magisk apk. there you go. sorry all of this is not in order. ive done it so many times im skipping ahead. i can give a better detailed and precise instructions if needed, litterally walk you thru it, if you need it. but the instructions provided by all the download sites are great. its easy peasy. if you need bettrr instructions youre more than welcome to get in contact with me. [email protected]

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

sorry about that ****ty message, this goddamn site is retarded on mobile. im not going thru all that **** again but yes it can be rooted and its easy, if you need some clear instructions you can hit me up at the email i provided in that ****ty short bus post i left.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

you can keep the stock rom fyi. and theres an updated android 9.0 pie stock rom floating around too. im using it, no problems. you have to use xperifirm and flashtool to flash it tho. its simple unless its your first time doing, after you do it once youll ask yourself why it seemed so hard to get to that point. also, fyi, this particular is almost brick proof not saying it cant be bricked because, i did, several times boot looped it, everything, **** right now i dont even have a stock recovery because of some errors i made learning how to do all of this, but its up and running, its not buggy, magisk works great, stock android 9.0 firmware, just no recovery, but good ole twrp works just fine when you boot it for recovery. great phone to learn how to do all of this on. like i said its almost brick proof.

Reactions: mac231us
Aug 12, 2018
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra - ROOT and Stock Rom 9.0

enter 192_161_227_73 in ip address format with the ftp header ftp://
should make rooting a little easier, need unlocked bootloader
simple interactive root process
also contains android 9.0 stock for Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H3223

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
thanks Luk1337 for your work.

A) I get a stuck boot on SONY white screen when trying to reboot after a boot to twrp using fastboot (swipe to allow modifications and nothing else). Fastboot boot to TWRP was after a clean installation of Android Pie.

B) I even made a TWRP backup of the Android Pie rom but restoring backup runs into same issue of stuck on SONY logo). (well if just a twrp boot to resulted in a stuck boot (as in A) rebooting after a twrp backup restore would not have a chance either but just mentioning)

I am guessing we need a disable verity to avoid this?

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77177197&postcount=3

Do we have a vbmeta.img for the XA2 Ultra? (from stock kernel) sorry if a noob question. Thanks.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
thanks Luk1337 for your work.

A) I get a stuck boot on SONY white screen when trying to reboot after a boot to twrp using fastboot (swipe to allow modifications and nothing else). Fastboot boot to TWRP was after a clean installation of Android Pie.

B) I even made a TWRP backup of the Android Pie rom but restoring backup runs into same issue of stuck on SONY logo). (well if just a twrp boot to resulted in a stuck boot (as in A) rebooting after a twrp backup restore would not have a chance either but just mentioning)

I am guessing we need a disable verity to avoid this?

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77177197&postcount=3

Do we have a vbmeta.img for the XA2 Ultra? (from stock kernel) sorry if a noob question. Thanks.
Flash magisk or something, it'll disable verity.
Also we don't have vbmeta partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxa2ultra.html

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][discovery] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-10-30
    Last Updated 2020-06-25
    Just boot only ?

That's all you need.
    Thank you for this. I was able to boot the recovery and install magisk on my device. Is there any way to make the recovery permanent or do we have to fastboot the recovery every time?
    Not yet. Thought I don't think it's worth to /install/ it anyway.
    Hi,

I installed LineageOS but when I want to flash the "recovery", I am in error...
    "target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending 'recovery' (57720 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.281s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    FAILED (remote: No such partition.)
    finished. total time: 1.284s"

Why ?
    You don't flash it.
    Hi
    Will this work on H3223 ?
    Can this h3223 be rooted
Our Apps