• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

Search This thread

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
...It's sad, but that is the state mobile phones are in. It's as bad as PCs were. As soon as you walked out the door with your PC, it already was outdated because coming around the corner were bigger and better and faster machines...

Lol, I am going through this right now. Ordered a "super computer" about two weeks ago and it hasn't even hit the build phase yet. I'm about to call the company and tell them to forget it since the machine is now surely outdated. 8)

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
You need to plug phone into computer and run those 2 commands adb and fastboot. Do you have java installed on your pc? If not you can download it or download a adb fastboot package... Google it. Its a little involved. I'm sure there is a thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I'm a noob and don't understand the instructions. I would love to read some instructions for dummies if anyone is willing. For example, I dont know what to do after going into fastboot.

I have already unlocked the boot ladder and upgraded to kitkat.[/QUOT

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_nizg6yUZ0NdmlqU1k0dXdHbGs/edit

@sheep348
you already have adb and fastboot, its in the razr utility dir you used yesterday to flash.
edit- install java on your pc as previously stated, i didnt know this was needed but already had it installed. (im still not positive this is actually needed)
1. go to settings/about phone and tap the "build number" repeatedly until it says you are a developer
2. back up 1 screen and there will be a new menu called "developer options". inside @ the top turn it on and agree to the prompt, then scroll down and turn on "usb debugging".
3. some new drivers may install if you already plugged into your pc, wait until there done before proceeding. also in later steps new drivers may install, always wait until they are done before proceeding.
4. put this zip on your sd card http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfpb67cja347yat/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip (or the current version of su zip)
5. go to the razr utility dir and open the dir only, dont start the utility.
6. hold shift then right click (not over a file) and choose "open command prompt here"
7. type in the command prompt, adb devices
there should be a string of numbers or some sort of text identifying your phone. if nothing is displayed or it says no device found, you have done one of the previous steps wrong or dont have the current moto drivers installed.
if it says "unauthorized" next to the numbers, there will be a promp on the phone, click ok on the prompt and repeat the devices command and you should be all set.
assuming it showed your phone, proceed.
8. now type in, adb reboot bootloader
your phone should automatically reboot to the ap fastboot screen you were using yesterday. (watch for new drivers to install and wait if needed)
9. now type in, fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
it should only take a few seconds, then report complete. it sends the file, then writes it. make sure its done before proceeding.
10. unplug the usb cable then tap the power button to shut the phone off.
now hold both vol buttons and power to get back to the pre boot menu and choose "recovery". within a few seconds the new cwm recovery should display. if it doesnt (it took me a few tries for some reason) repeat step 10 until it does.
11. assuming you got in, use the vol keys to navigate and the power key to choose. choose install zip then choose zip from storage/sdcard1 then navigate to the "update-super-su zip" and choose it, navigate/click yes to install.
12. when complete, navigate and select "go back" as many times as needed until you see an option to reboot phone and select it.
likely it will prompt you to answer 1 or2 questions because this is a new install, answer yes to both and it should reboot.
13. Profit :p you should have root.

if anything doesnt work as i explained, start over, it took me 2/3 tries and i almost know what im doing lol

Last edited:

boylez

Jun 30, 2008
I'm having a problem with backups too.
Says it can't mount data.
If I go into mount.....
I can mount /system but nothing happens when I try to mount/data.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

For anyone else having problems mounting data with the new KK CWM, I also had this issue and managed to fix it by first doing a factory reset from the boot menu and then doing another one from settings once it booted up. I immediately went into recovery using the button combo and now I can mount data, wipe data, and make backups.

I cannot, however, install custom roms yet and had read somewhere else that too much has changed and we will have to wait for new roms to come out that are compatible with the latest KK update.

rafjak

Dec 2, 2012
Hello,

I installed CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8 on KitKat.
What could be the reason that I CAN get into Recovery by ADB (adb reboot bootloader) then (fastboot reboot) with VOL+ press,
but when I Turn OFF phone and then
PWR VOL+ VOL-, by VOL- choose Recovery then VOL+
I get black screen or Android with red exclamation mark?

Regards
Rafal

Reactions: davekaz

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
For anyone else having problems mounting data with the new KK CWM, I also had this issue and managed to fix it by first doing a factory reset from the boot menu and then doing another one from settings once it booted up. I immediately went into recovery using the button combo and now I can mount data, wipe data, and make backups.

I cannot, however, install custom roms yet and had read somewhere else that too much has changed and we will have to wait for new roms to come out that are compatible with the latest KK update.

When you say Boot Menu, you mean CWM Recovery?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
You need to plug phone into computer and run those 2 commands adb and fastboot. Do you have java installed on your pc? If not you can download it or download a adb fastboot package... Google it. Its a little involved. I'm sure there is a thread

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

@sheep348
you already have adb and fastboot, its in the razr utility dir you used yesterday to flash.
edit- install java on your pc as previously stated, i didnt know this was needed but already had it installed.
1. go to settings/about phone and tap the "build number" repeatedly until it says you are a developer
2. back up 1 screen and there will be a new menu called "developer options". inside @ the top turn it on and agree to the prompt, then scroll down and turn on "usb debugging".
3. some new drivers may install if you already plugged into your pc, wait until there done before proceeding. also in later steps new drivers may install, always wait until they are done before proceeding.
4. put this zip on your sd card http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfpb67cja347yat/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip
6. hold shift then right click (not over a file) and choose "open command prompt here"
there should be a string of numbers or some sort of text identifying your phone. if nothing is displayed or it says no device found, you have done one of the previous steps wrong or dont have the current moto drivers installed.
if it says "unauthorized" next to the numbers, there will be a promp on the phone, click ok on the prompt and repeat the devices command and you should be all set.
your phone should automatically reboot to the ap fastboot screen you were using yesterday. (watch for new drivers to install and wait if needed)
it should only take a few seconds, then report complete. it sends the file, then writes it. make sure its done before proceeding.
now hold both vol buttons and power to get back to the pre boot menu and choose "recovery". within a few seconds the new cwm recovery should display. if it doesnt (it took me a few tries for some reason) repeat step 10 until it does.
11. assuming you got in, use the vol keys to navigate and the power key to choose. choose install zip then choose zip from storage/sdcard1 then navigate to the "update-super-su zip" and choose it, navigate/click yes to install.
12. when complete, navigate and select "go back" as many times as needed until you see an option to reboot phone and select it.
likely it will prompt you to answer 1 or2 questions because this is a new install, answer yes to both and it should reboot.

if anything doesnt work as i explained, start over, it took me 2/3 tries and i almost know what im doing lol

Again you have helped me so much thank you. I was able to get to step 11 but when I go to choose the directory it says E: can't mount sd card. I'll try it a few more times but I know the zip folder is on the phone. So when I leave CWM it asks if I want to root... I selected no bc I was not sure but is that all I need to do?

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Again you have helped me so much thank you. I was able to get to step 11 but when I go to choose the directory it says E: can't mount sd card. I'll try it a few more times but I know the zip folder is on the phone. So when I leave CWM it asks if I want to root... I selected no bc I was not sure but is that all I need to do?

thats most likely because you aren't going to the directory i stated.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

also,

you need to install the zip, but if it ever asks always answer yes.

Reactions: sheep348

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
thats most likely because you aren't going to the directory i stated.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

also,

you need to install the zip, but if it ever asks always answer yes.

"zip from storage/sdcard1" is not an option the only ones I have are

choose zip from /sdcard
choose zip from last install folder
install zip from sideload
toggle signature verification
go back

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
"zip from storage/sdcard1" is not an option the only ones I have are

choose zip from /sdcard
choose zip from last install folder
install zip from sideload
toggle signature verification
go back

hmm
its acting like you dont have a micro sd installed in your phone, is that true?

looks like the only other option is to sideload it.
i have never needed to try that, if you dont have a micro sd to put in the phone, hopefully someone else can help with the sideloading.

Reactions: sheep348

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
hmm
its acting like you dont have a micro sd installed in your phone, is that true?

looks like the only other option is to sideload it.
i have never needed to try that, if you dont have a micro sd to put in the phone, hopefully someone else can help with the sideloading.

I do have an SD card in there. I'll have to look into sideloading thanks again for all your help.

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
maybe the new recovery didnt flash right or something. that dir i gave should be there, its the sd card.
i would try to flash the recovery again.

Something was messed up with the SD card I was using. I borrowed the one from my Lady's phone and it worked like a charm. Thanks to you and help from others I am unlocked and rooted! Business as usual.

davekaz

I guess we 2 are the only ones that have that problem but no solution. Hashcode. Helppppp

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Hello,

I installed CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8 on KitKat.
What could be the reason that I CAN get into Recovery by ADB (adb reboot bootloader) then (fastboot reboot) with VOL+ press,
but when I Turn OFF phone and then
PWR VOL+ VOL-, by VOL- choose Recovery then VOL+
I get black screen or Android with red exclamation mark?

Regard
Rafal[/

We on our own and ignored again
Help Hashcode

The same damn thing happens to me The only way to recovery is to reflash it. Otherwise it would go into blank screen... Otherwise unlocked rooted and love my maxx again with kitkat. But wont be able to play with future roms without re flashing cwm

iBolski

Nov 30, 2010
Columbus, OH

Thank you! This helped immensely! I noticed that data NEVER got restored and then saw the it could never mount /data.

I did have one issue. When I did an FDR within the system itself, I noticed that CWM wouldn't boot anymore. Not sure what got corrupted, but I had to go back into fastboot and reflash CWM onto my phone. After that, I rebooted into recovery and was able to mount /data.

Hopefully, this can get fixed as well as the weird issue where CWM sometimes just disappears and needs to be reflashed? Sounds like KK is doing some weird stuff with the phone.

boylez

Jun 30, 2008
Glad it helped you and I agree about KK doing some weird things. I still get the occasional black screen in CWM and have yet to be able to reboot straight into recovery. I think this is just to get us through until stable KK recoveries come out. I'm hoping a PhilZ version comes out for KK on the xt926.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.4.9 for DROID RAZR HD/M

This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
    You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery

Download: CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

To install you must have fastboot set up on your pc and then:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

You can then flash the root package of your choice.

Enjoy!
    It will be possible to start working on proper recovery builds only after the kernel source release.
    Till that time, don't expect any fixes. Demands won't bring it magically.
    The source release should happen in a matter of days, please be patient.

I'm a noob and don't understand the instructions. I would love to read some instructions for dummies if anyone is willing. For example, I dont know what to do after going into fastboot.

I have already unlocked the boot ladder and upgraded to kitkat.[/QUOT

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_nizg6yUZ0NdmlqU1k0dXdHbGs/edit

@sheep348
    edit- install java on your pc as previously stated, i didnt know this was needed but already had it installed. (im still not positive this is actually needed)
    4. put this zip on your sd card http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfpb67cja347yat/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip (or the current version of su zip)

It will be possible to start working on proper recovery builds only after the kernel source release.
    Till that time, don't expect any fixes. Demands won't bring it magically.
    The source release should happen in a matter of days, please be patient.

[rant]
    i lol and get mad in the same instant, when some tool demands or implies you great devs owe us fixes right away.

people should be grateful for what they have, which is better than nothing, because nothing is exactly what you will get if you piss off the devs who make this great stuff for us, for FREE.

the growing lack of respect for developers is sickening.
    [/rant]

thanks to all the devs, without them these forums would be dead!!