• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][DUALBOOT][MAGISK][V6.2] TWRP/OrangeFox for the OnePlus 6/6t [25-Sep-2021]

Search This thread

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
OnePlus 6T
@Wishmasterflo How do you recommend ROMs to be flashed? Stock to Slot A and Custom to Slot B? Or both customs?
That is dependent on you, both slot is treated as different so one will not affect other, so if you like custom+custom or oos+custom or custom+oos, anything possible, when i am using the dualboot, in slot A i flashed cherishos custom rom and in slot B i flashed oos 11 to test how it is. Everything works fine. Try it, it is the best 👍

shaemasa

That is dependent on you, both slot is treated as different so one will not affect other, so if you like custom+custom or oos+custom or custom+oos, anything possible, when i am using the dualboot, in slot A i flashed cherishos custom rom and in slot B i flashed oos 11 to test how it is. Everything works fine. Try it, it is the best 👍
Thanks 🙏

Reactions: edolf

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
View attachment 5418075

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update :)

09/25/2021 - 3.5.2-9 v6.2

Changelog:
- Some small adjustments to the Dualboot flashing
- Changed first time flashing folder from /tmp to /dev due to issues with Orangefox recovery
- Updated to Magisk 23.0 app (Magisk itself is still 21.4 but you can install Magisk 23.0 from within the Magisk app)
- Added quickmode options "EFI128"/"EFI256" to repartition to EFI Layout with Windows NTFS partition and Android userdata for dualboot
- Added patch to enable SDCARDFS Support on Android 11 ROMS for which it is disabled by default

Download Link is updated in the OP.

With the added quickmode/fastmode options "efi128" and "efi256" you can now create the needed EFI and NTFS partitions used by the Windows ARM64 renegade project to Install Windows 10/11 on the Oneplus 6/6t.

One thing to note! When you have repartitioned to EFI/NTFS Layout with the above quickmode options and you want to go back to Stock Layout you need to go via msmdownloadtool!
So repartitioning back to Stock from the Dualboot recovery does not work when you are on the EFI Layout right now!!!
You are a Mad Lad my dude... Not long before you build the next most popular operating system from scratch.

Reactions: Wishmasterflo

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hi all!

FYI

I got display issues on my Oneplus 6t so I can not use it anymore.
Got a Oneplus 8t now so I will not do any more big development for this Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series anymore unfortunately. :cry:
Of course if it is just to Update Orangefox or TWRP to a newer Version I will still update it but I dont think I will be able to release much with new feature anymore.
I know it is so sad.
Have to see how I will live with my Oneplus 8t without Dualboot now.
I can say that I already miss that I do not have my Dualboot on the Oneplus 8t now but since this device has dynamic partitions I can not implement/build a Dualboot for this device!

All_New_BoB

Sep 18, 2013
HI All and glad to see this project on the OnePlus 6! It's bee a while I didn't tweak with my enchilada and decided to try and make it a bit more exciting with dualboot, also many apps are detecting root and not working, some of them are vital and can't be replaced so I was wondering if it would be possible to install default non-rooted OOS (Android 11) on one slot and custom rooted ResurrectionRemix (Android 10) on the other one? I've watched the video and I'm worried about the part that said both ROMs should be on the same security patch, which is difficult to achieve when mixing android 10 and android 11 that's why I wanted to clarify this. Thanks again for the effort to keep the enchilada alive!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

FYI

Got a Oneplus 8t now so I will not do any more big development for this Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series anymore unfortunately. :cry:
    Of course if it is just to Update Orangefox or TWRP to a newer Version I will still update it but I dont think I will be able to release much with new feature anymore.
    I know it is so sad.
    I can say that I already miss that I do not have my Dualboot on the Oneplus 8t now but since this device has dynamic partitions I can not implement/build a Dualboot for this device!
    Dualboot_Orangefox_new_update.png

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update :)

Changelog:
    - Changed first time flashing folder from /tmp to /dev due to issues with Orangefox recovery
    - Updated to Magisk 23.0 app (Magisk itself is still 21.4 but you can install Magisk 23.0 from within the Magisk app)
    - Added quickmode options "EFI128"/"EFI256" to repartition to EFI Layout with Windows NTFS partition and Android userdata for dualboot
    - Added patch to enable SDCARDFS Support on Android 11 ROMS for which it is disabled by default

With the added quickmode/fastmode options "efi128" and "efi256" you can now create the needed EFI and NTFS partitions used by the Windows ARM64 renegade project to Install Windows 10/11 on the Oneplus 6/6t.

One thing to note! When you have repartitioned to EFI/NTFS Layout with the above quickmode options and you want to go back to Stock Layout you need to go via msmdownloadtool!
    So repartitioning back to Stock from the Dualboot recovery does not work when you are on the EFI Layout right now!!!
    Thanks for the best recovery ever. 😍
    @Wishmasterflo How do you recommend ROMs to be flashed? Stock to Slot A and Custom to Slot B? Or both customs?
    Hello!

In these Instructions I have updated some information about how to set up EFI/NTFS partitions etc.
    Actually I was worried about EFI/NTFS during last few days. I hope this would be the solution. Thanks for the information.
    Dualboot TWRP / OrangeFox
    For the Oneplus 6 series

Dualboot_TWRP.JPG
    Dualboot_Orangefox.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this mod
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

You can choose to install this Dualboot-mod with a blacked themed TWRP or with OrangeFox recovery.
    Modified TWRP/OrangeFox and installer script for Oneplus 6 series that re-purposes userdata for true dual booting. You can also just use this as a regular stock recovery for flashing TWRP/Orangefox (Stock without Dualboot).
    This mod has Magisk 21.4 build in as of now but you can just manually flash the latest Magisk afterwards if needed or you can install the lastest Magisk Version from the Magisk app.

You can select between A/B/(C) partition layout or stock partition layout (Dualbooting is only possible with A/B or A/B/C partition Layout not with Stock Layout!!)
    On Stock Layout you can now choose to have a seperate partition called StockSD.
    Seems that the StockSD Layout is not working correctly means if you flash a ROM it will just Bootloop.
    I had no luck in finding out why this is happening.

You have to choose to install Magisk from the Dualboot-mod while flashing if you want to use the Common Data partition on A/B/C Layout or StockSD partition on Stock Layout.
    A limitation of this Dualboot-mod is that you can only set a PIN/Password in one of the ROMs not on both.
    more

Download

Installation instructions

Installation Video

EFI/NTFS Windows Installation instructions from Renegate Project

Source Code

Telegram Group

Changelog
    view older Changelogs

Screenshots
    Dualboot_TWRP2.pngDualboot_TWRP3.pngDualboot_TWRP4.pngDualboot_TWRP5.pngDualboot_TWRP_Companion_app.pngDualboot_Companion_app_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_4.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_5.png

Dualboot Version: 6.2
    TWRP Version: 3.5.2-9
    Orangefox Version: R11.1
    Companion app Version: 2.9.2
    Magisk Version: 21.4 (Magisk App 23.0)
    Devices: Oneplus 6 (enchilada) / Oneplus 6t (fajita)
    Latest Update: 25-Sep-2021
    Maintainer: Wishmasterflo

Credits:
    Zackptg5
    Teamwin
    The OrangeFox Team
    Mauronofrio
    TopJohnWu
    Ae3NerdGod
    Invernomut0
    acuicultor
    Morphine1
    4U Tech
    Renegade Project
    Dualboot_Orangefox_new_update.png

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update is up now. :)

07/25/2021 - 3.5.2-9 v6.1

Changelog:
    - Updated to OrangeFox
    Version R11.1
    - Updated Dualboot Companion App to V2.9.2
    - Added parted Tool to manage EFI/Windows partitions
    - Added quickmode option to create EFI partition Layout (more info will come!)

I also linked an Installation Video (done by user 4U Tech) in the OP.
    More info regarding some more new stuff besides of the new Orangefox and Companion App Version will come soon.

Have fun!
    Hi all!

FYI

I know it is so sad.
    Hi all!

A have uploaded a new Version with a small bug-fix now.

Dualboot TWRP v4.4

02/07/2021 - 3.5.0-9 v4.4
    - Fixed bug which caused that the quickmode options were not working
    FYI

I am just testing my Dualboot with creating EFI and NTFS Windows Partitions.
    Have successfully repartitioned to EFI, NTFS, Android (ext4) partitions now and can boot the UEFI Shell from Windows.

I am using the Renegate Project Windows 11 on ARM for this. :)
    So the next Update of my Dualboot will have options to create the EFI, NTFS partitions if someone wants to try it out with the above mentioned project.