Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
New Updated V2

Hi all!

I have updated it to Version 2 now. :highfive:
Have updated the information in the OP as well.

10/12/2020 - 3.4.0-0 v2
- Fixed automatic Formatting and creating of the partitions
- added quickmode options which can be provided directly to the ZIP file name
- A lot of other bugfixes and improvments

Download here

Also take a look here where you can find instructions done by user vitaly51370 on how to create a shortcut on the Homescreen to
directly boot to the other slot without the need to change the slot via TWRP!

Still open issues which I am trying to fix now:
-The mounting of the Commondata is not yet working from within the ROMs/slots (only in TWRP right now).
-When flashing an Android 11 ROM in one of the slots and then flash this Dualboot-TWRP it will get stuck while patching that slot with Android 11 in it.

I acutally tried a fix/workaround now to get Android 11 booted with Dualboot as well but that needed some additional steps and fixes to work and that caused now that I can not install Magisk on the Android 11 ROM.
I have right now Carbon ROM Android 10 on one slot with Magisk and everything and PixenOS Android 11 on the other but without working Magisk.

Last edited:

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
OnePlus 8
@Wishmasterflo

Keep it up bud, ATM, IMHO, it's one of the most promising work-in-progress to our OP6/6T devices!

That shortcut to directly change slots is so awesome!

I'm really willing to give it ago as soon as it's a bit more mature and also able to handle both Android 11 and 10 ROMs!

Last edited:

UsPdSr

@Wishmasterflo

Very promising work.. Thanks for your effort to get this working! :)

I don't have this device long and are not that familiar with the A/B file system..

Do we have the option to install a kernel for OOS 10 on the one partition and on the second one another one (or at least not the same at all), for a AOSP 10 based custom rom for example?

Best regards

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
@Wishmasterflo

Very promising work.. Thanks for your effort to get this working! :)

I don't have this device long and are not that familiar with the A/B file system..

Do we have the option to install a kernel for OOS 10 on the one partition and on the second one another one (or at least not the same at all), for a AOSP 10 based custom rom for example?

Best regards

Yes you can install different OS and Kernels per partition (A and B).

UsPdSr

Yes I am running a custon ROM 11 now in one slot. But for Android 11 I need to do some adjustments to the script to get it to work correctly.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I am more interested in OOS 10/Android 10 based roms respective the recent OOS version and a specific kernel; not so much in Android 11.

If you refer to 'the script', do you mean the OP or the Readme in github?

I read it twice or three times, but I have to admit, that I don't really get it so far.. :(

Last edited:

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I am more interested in OOS 10/Android 10 based roms respective the recent OOS version and a specific kernel; not so much in Android 11.

If you refer to 'the script', do you mean the OP or the Readme in github?

I read it twice or three times, but I have to admit, that I don't really get it so far.. :(

The script is the whole Dualboot-TWRP.zip file.

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
Okay, I see.

Do you plan to re-write the installation instructions for the newbies or other user, who aren't that experienced with this subject matter?

Yes I agree, I have to adjust the instructions a bit more to make it more clear and easier to understand. Will do that later today or tomorrow.
I first want to get it fixed with Android 11. At least I now know what the issue is I just have to see how to fix/implement this in the best way.

UsPdSr

Yes I agree, I have to adjust the instructions a bit more to make it more clear and easier to understand. Will do that later today or tomorrow.
I first want to get it fixed with Android 11. At least I now know what the issue is I just have to see how to fix/implement this in the best way.

On github I read about the a-b-c layout.Does the 'c' by any chance stand for the common partition? ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the further development of this project!

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
What do you mean when you say no 100% Android 11 support but can be used with it. A bit confusing.

It seems that not everything is working 100% in Android 11.
When re-flashing the TWRP after Magisk got installed on Android 11 it seems that something is breaking Magisk and after a reboot to the Android 11 ROM Magisk is shown as not Installed even if you re-install Magisk on that slot.
Guess I have to adjust some directories for Android 11 to get that fixed/working as it should.

Last edited:

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
OnePlus 8
I'm getting more and more interested on this project, that's why I'll be asking some questions every now and then...some might be kinda noobish but better to be a safe noob than a sorry smart a$$!

Thank you y'all for helping me out if you can!

I'm rolling with an 8/128 OP6, with unlocked bootloader ofc, and I'm willing to keep stock/rooted oxygen OS in one partition + A11 custom ROMs (PiXeN-OS for now) in the other one.

1. What would be the recommended size for each data partition?

2. PiXeN-OS is reported to kinda only work well with a certain Magisk version.

When I choose to install Magisk from the "changing zip name" (su.AB) option or during the installation, does it mean that it'll opening the option to me to, later on, install the Magisk version I want or does it install a preset Magisk version, if so, which one does it install?

3. About the options that can be provided directly through the filename.

I can't see anything about F2FS or EXT4, just "fast-fec.ab-su.ab".

- Will I have to choose the filesystem directly into the options, prior to start the ROM flashing?

- BTW, which one would you go for?

A video showing the whole process as detailed as possible and/or covering the major doubts ppl have had so far, would help a lot!

Also, the telegram group to have discussions!

Once again, thanks @Wishmasterflo for this amazing project!

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
I'm getting more and more interested on this project, that's why I'll be asking some questions every now and then...some might be kinda noobish but better to be a safe noob than a sorry smart a$$!

Thank you y'all for helping me out if you can!

I'm rolling with an 8/128 OP6, with unlocked bootloader ofc, and I'm willing to keep stock/rooted oxygen OS in one partition + A11 custom ROMs (PiXeN-OS for now) in the other one.

1. What would be the recommended size for each data partition?

2. PiXeN-OS is reported to kinda only work well with a certain Magisk version.

When I choose to install Magisk from the "changing zip name" (su.AB) option or during the installation, does it mean that it'll opening the option to me to, later on, install the Magisk version I want or does it install a preset Magisk version, if so, which one does it install?

3. About the options that can be provided directly through the filename.

I can't see anything about F2FS or EXT4, just "fast-fec.ab-su.ab".

- Will I have to choose the filesystem directly into the options, prior to start the ROM flashing?

- BTW, which one would you go for?

A video showing the whole process as detailed as possible and/or covering the major doubts ppl have had so far, would help a lot!

Also, the telegram group to have discussions!

Once again, thanks @Wishmasterflo for this amazing project!

Hello!

Yes better to ask more than to mess something up.
I have the 8/128 GB Oneplus 6t and I use it now with 32GB per Data partition.
I might think of adjusting these sizes a bit different since still the mounting of the Common Data partition from inside the ROMS is not working and when I had a conversation with Zackptg5 who originally wrote this dualboot for the Oneplus 7 series he said that the mounting of the Common Data partition was the most difficult thing to get working. He said sometimes it worked in one ROM but then not in another. I still have not gotten that to work now with my adjusted one for the Oneplus 6 Series and also with Android 11 there are changes in the file structure that some system files are in different locations than on Android 10 so I need to fix/adjust more things and try if I can get the mounting of the Common Data partition to work from inside the ROMs.

I would use 32GB per partition.
Yes exaclty I just flashed the latest Pixen-OS as well on one slot.
The Magisk Version which is getting installed from my TWRP-Dualboot when choosing to install it on a slot is now Magisk 21.0 so then you just select to not install Magisk from this for the slot where you have Pixen-OS installed and flash the suggested one in that slot afterwards.

For the first install you need to use the original filename and go through all the options once!
The quickmode when changing the options directly from the filename is most for the cases when you have updated one ROM and need to reflash TWRP, then you can adjust that with the options for encryption and Magisk.
You dont have all the options to specify since all the others like file system you choose once when first flashing the Dualboot-TWRP and repartiton.
The recommonded options are mentioned when flashing it and going through all options.
For the filesystem it is recommonded to use EXT4 (and I actually always use EXT4, have never used F2FS). I think when using F2FS you will need to have a ROM/Kernel which is compatible with F2FS.

There is a Telegram group link in the OP. :)

Last edited:

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
OnePlus 8
Hello!

Yes better to ask more than to mess something up.
I have the 8/128 GB Oneplus 6t and I use it now with 32GB per Data partition.
I might think of adjusting these sizes a bit different since still the mounting of the Common Data partition from inside the ROMS is not working and when I had a conversation with Zackptg5 who originally wrote this dualboot for the Oneplus 7 series he said that the mounting of the Common Data partition was the most difficult thing to get working. He said sometimes it worked in one ROM but then not in another. I still have not gotten that to work now with my adjusted one for the Oneplus 6 Series and also with Android 11 there are changes in the file structure that some system files are in different locations than on Android 10 so I need to fix/adjust more things and try if I can get the mounting of the Common Data partition to work from inside the ROMs.

I would use 32GB per partition.
Yes exaclty I just flashed the latest Pixen-OS as well on one slot.
The Magisk Version which is getting installed from my TWRP-Dualboot when choosing to install it on a slot is now Magisk 21.0 so then you just select to not install Magisk from this for the slot where you have Pixen-OS installed and flash the suggested one in that slot afterwards.

For the first install you need to use the original filename and go through all the options once!
The quickmode when changing the options directly from the filename is most for the cases when you have updated one ROM and need to reflash TWRP, then you can adjust that with the options for encryption and Magisk.
You dont have all the options to specify since all the others like file system you choose once when first flashing the Dualboot-TWRP and repartiton.
The recommonded options are mentioned when flashing it and going through all options.
For the filesystem it is recommonded to use EXT4 (and I actually alsways use EXT4, have never used F2FS). I think when using F2FS you will need to have a ROM/Kernel which is compatible with F2FS.

There is a Telegram group link in the OP. :)
Thanks a lot for such a complete explanation! It's all clear now!

About the Telegram channel, since I only have the option to mute/unmute it, I assume it's kinda read-only ATM, isn't it?

Cheers and keep it up bud, it has the potential to be a real banger!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dualboot TWRP / OrangeFox
    For the Oneplus 6 series

Dualboot_TWRP.JPG
    Dualboot_Orangefox.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this mod
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

You can choose to install this Dualboot-mod with a blacked themed TWRP or with OrangeFox recovery.
    Modified TWRP/OrangeFox and installer script for Oneplus 6 series that re-purposes userdata for true dual booting. You can also just use this as a regular stock recovery for flashing TWRP/Orangefox (Stock without Dualboot).
    This mod has Magisk 21.4 build in as of now but you can just manually flash the latest Magisk afterwards if needed or you can install the lastest Magisk Version from the Magisk app.

You can select between A/B/(C) partition layout or stock partition layout (Dualbooting is only possible with A/B or A/B/C partition Layout not with Stock Layout!!)
    On Stock Layout you can now choose to have a seperate partition called StockSD.
    Seems that the StockSD Layout is not working correctly means if you flash a ROM it will just Bootloop.
    I had no luck in finding out why this is happening.

You have to choose to install Magisk from the Dualboot-mod while flashing if you want to use the Common Data partition on A/B/C Layout or StockSD partition on Stock Layout.
    A limitation of this Dualboot-mod is that you can only set a PIN/Password in one of the ROMs not on both.
    more

Download

Download Bootable recovery.img files

Installation instructions or here more detailed instructions (thanks to @Joker)

Installation Video

EFI/NTFS Windows Installation instructions from Renegate Project

Source Code

Telegram Group

Changelog
    08/28/2022 - 3.6.2-9 v7.2
    - Updated with offical TWRP Version 3.6.2 (based on Android 9)
    - new fresh Updated Orangefox Version with all the latest changes from Orangefox
    - added Dualboot logo to Orangefox again
    - Fixes in the Dualboot flashing script which caused the Data not getting mounted from recovery
    - added back automatic installation of Magisk as that is needed for some patching from the script
    view older Changelogs

Screenshots
    Dualboot_TWRP2.pngDualboot_TWRP3.pngDualboot_TWRP4.pngDualboot_TWRP5.pngDualboot_TWRP_Companion_app.pngDualboot_Companion_app_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_4.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_5.png

Dualboot Version: 7.2
    TWRP Version: 3.6.2-9
    Orangefox Version: R11.1
    Companion app Version: 2.9.2
    Devices: Oneplus 6 (enchilada) / Oneplus 6t (fajita)
    Latest Update: 28-Aug-2022
    Maintainer: Wishmasterflo

Credits:
    Zackptg5
    Teamwin
    The OrangeFox Team
    Mauronofrio
    TopJohnWu
    Ae3NerdGod
    Invernomut0
    acuicultor
    Morphine1
    4U Tech
    Renegade Project
    Joker
    Hi all!

FYI

I got display issues on my Oneplus 6t so I can not use it anymore.
    Got a Oneplus 8t now so I will not do any more big development for this Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series anymore unfortunately. :cry:
    Of course if it is just to Update Orangefox or TWRP to a newer Version I will still update it but I dont think I will be able to release much with new feature anymore.
    I know it is so sad.
    Have to see how I will live with my Oneplus 8t without Dualboot now.
    I can say that I already miss that I do not have my Dualboot on the Oneplus 8t now but since this device has dynamic partitions I can not implement/build a Dualboot for this device!
    Dualboot_Orangefox_new_update.png

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update is up now. :)

07/25/2021 - 3.5.2-9 v6.1

Changelog:
    - Updated to OrangeFox
    Version R11.1
    - Updated Dualboot Companion App to V2.9.2
    - Added parted Tool to manage EFI/Windows partitions
    - Added quickmode option to create EFI partition Layout (more info will come!)

Download Link is updated in the OP.
    I also linked an Installation Video (done by user 4U Tech) in the OP.
    More info regarding some more new stuff besides of the new Orangefox and Companion App Version will come soon.

Have fun!
    Hi all!

A have uploaded a new Version with a small bug-fix now.
    Download Link is updated in the OP.

Dualboot TWRP v4.4

02/07/2021 - 3.5.0-9 v4.4
    - Fixed bug which caused that the quickmode options were not working
    FYI

I am just testing my Dualboot with creating EFI and NTFS Windows Partitions.
    Have successfully repartitioned to EFI, NTFS, Android (ext4) partitions now and can boot the UEFI Shell from Windows.

I am using the Renegate Project Windows 11 on ARM for this. :)
    So the next Update of my Dualboot will have options to create the EFI, NTFS partitions if someone wants to try it out with the above mentioned project.