Screenshot_2022-03-11-23-35-27.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2022-03-11-23-35-30.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-11-23-35-30.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2022-03-11-23-35-33.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-11-23-35-33.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 110
OK, I have tried everything except clean wipe. I have android 9 on slot b, android 11 on slot a. A/b/c setup, no encryption. Was on fully working dualboot twrp. Flashed newest orangefox dualboot like you all said. Once again, can't access data at all, not in windows nor orangefox itself. Can't wipe data. Can't format data. Booting orangefox does same thing. Now, if I boot twrp, flash older dualboot twrp, all my files and downloads are still in a/b/c with no changes

So, I did a full msm 10. Local upgrade latest OOS 11 to both slots. Unlocked bootloader. Booted OOS so internal data builds itself. Flashed Twrp from the unofficial a11 thread for a11 and a12. Flashed orangefox dualboot(never gave me options like twrp version), tho it did say dualboot mod logo. Flashed twrp dualboot, moved itself to dev. Chose options to a/b/c, rebooted recovery. And once again, can't see data partition. Going back to dualboot 6.3

Last edited:

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
OnePlus 6T
So, I did a full msm 10. Local upgrade latest OOS 11 to both slots. Unlocked bootloader. Booted OOS so internal data builds itself. Flashed Twrp from the unofficial a11 thread for a11 and a12. Flashed orangefox dualboot(never gave me options like twrp version), tho it did say dualboot mod logo. Flashed twrp dualboot, moved itself to dev. Chose options to a/b/c, rebooted recovery. And once again, can't see data partition. Going back to dualboot 6.3
That's what happening on some a11 roms and a12 it is totally lost because a12 aosp having decryption issue, google f... Up, so no twrp updated to decrypt data partition. 😭

Reactions: BeadyBead
That's what happening on some a11 roms and a12 it is totally lost because a12 aosp having decryption issue, google f... Up, so no twrp updated to decrypt data partition. 😭
this works fine for me on A11 roms, orangefox too. also twrp and dualboot 6.3. all of that works fine for me on A11, A10 and A9. also OOs 11, 10 and 9. only newer dualboot twrp 7 doesnt work, even clean flash from new orangefox, and even then oirangefox doesnt let me choose a/b/c method

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
OnePlus 6T
this works fine for me on A11 roms, orangefox too. also twrp and dualboot 6.3. all of that works fine for me on A11, A10 and A9. also OOs 11, 10 and 9. only newer dualboot twrp 7 doesnt work, even clean flash from new orangefox, and even then oirangefox doesnt let me choose a/b/c method
Well i am waiting for my rom to update because march sp is added and they are internally testing so i am waiting for it to release so i can test v7 currently using twrp test2 created by terminator_j from crdroid op6 series maintainer only drawback is we need to remove password before reboot to recovery so data partition is decrypt so we can see all the file we copied to internal in mobile as well as in pc. I am using it to flash Awaken a12 rom now. 👍

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Well everyone I made my own WinPE with the updated DISM++ and created some scripts for diskpart and BCDEdit so no more typing on a small screen or really the need for a mouse and keyboard during install. I've also bundled everything up nicely with a 100% working version of Windows 11 (downgraded to the latest public release instead of insider preview). Went ahead and updated instructions as well. You can find everything Here. Still uploading USB files should be done tonight. Things to note. Never power on while charging you'll get crash dump and never update drivers in windows update or you'll get bsod. I've also included how to Dualboot and switch between windows and android in the instructions. Enjoy 😊
Hi!
Thats great instructions. Even a bit more detailed then the ones I did so I will updated my instructions as well. :)

Also here I found some useful instructions regarding slot switching when you have flashed the UEFI boot.img to the phone.

Then you can enter the UEFI Boot manager on the phone like this:
  • Press any volume key during boot to enter UEFI Menu;
  • Use volume keys and power button to navigate to Boot Manager > Reboot to other slot.

Reactions: koobie777

koobie777

Sep 15, 2009
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi!
Thats great instructions. Even a bit more detailed then the ones I did so I will updated my instructions as well. :)

Also here I found some useful instructions regarding slot switching when you have flashed the UEFI boot.img to the phone.

Then you can enter the UEFI Boot manager on the phone like this:
  • Press any volume key during boot to enter UEFI Menu;
  • Use volume keys and power button to navigate to Boot Manager > Reboot to other slot.
Excellent! Btw v7 isn't working with UEFI partitions

Reactions: Wishmasterflo

arminantondm

Aug 21, 2021
Could you include in the script the ability to create a custom size for the system partition as well? Thanks

bahha87

Oct 7, 2008
OnePlus 6T
I updated to A12 with a/b/c partition layout.
commondata doesn't mount on boot. I had to change the script to mount userdata2 to /mnt/media_rw instead of /commondata .
because /commondata cannot be created.

Reactions: Wishmasterflo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dualboot TWRP / OrangeFox
    For the Oneplus 6 series

Dualboot_TWRP.JPG
    Dualboot_Orangefox.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this mod
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

You can choose to install this Dualboot-mod with a blacked themed TWRP or with OrangeFox recovery.
    Modified TWRP/OrangeFox and installer script for Oneplus 6 series that re-purposes userdata for true dual booting. You can also just use this as a regular stock recovery for flashing TWRP/Orangefox (Stock without Dualboot).
    This mod has Magisk 21.4 build in as of now but you can just manually flash the latest Magisk afterwards if needed or you can install the lastest Magisk Version from the Magisk app.

You can select between A/B/(C) partition layout or stock partition layout (Dualbooting is only possible with A/B or A/B/C partition Layout not with Stock Layout!!)
    On Stock Layout you can now choose to have a seperate partition called StockSD.
    Seems that the StockSD Layout is not working correctly means if you flash a ROM it will just Bootloop.
    I had no luck in finding out why this is happening.

You have to choose to install Magisk from the Dualboot-mod while flashing if you want to use the Common Data partition on A/B/C Layout or StockSD partition on Stock Layout.
    A limitation of this Dualboot-mod is that you can only set a PIN/Password in one of the ROMs not on both.
    more

Download

Download Bootable recovery.img files

Installation instructions or here more detailed instructions (thanks to @Joker)

Installation Video

EFI/NTFS Windows Installation instructions from Renegate Project

Source Code

Telegram Group

Changelog
    08/28/2022 - 3.6.2-9 v7.2
    - Updated with offical TWRP Version 3.6.2 (based on Android 9)
    - new fresh Updated Orangefox Version with all the latest changes from Orangefox
    - added Dualboot logo to Orangefox again
    - Fixes in the Dualboot flashing script which caused the Data not getting mounted from recovery
    - added back automatic installation of Magisk as that is needed for some patching from the script
    view older Changelogs

Screenshots
    Dualboot_TWRP2.pngDualboot_TWRP3.pngDualboot_TWRP4.pngDualboot_TWRP5.pngDualboot_TWRP_Companion_app.pngDualboot_Companion_app_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_4.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_5.png

Dualboot Version: 7.2
    TWRP Version: 3.6.2-9
    Orangefox Version: R11.1
    Companion app Version: 2.9.2
    Devices: Oneplus 6 (enchilada) / Oneplus 6t (fajita)
    Latest Update: 28-Aug-2022
    Maintainer: Wishmasterflo

Credits:
    Zackptg5
    Teamwin
    The OrangeFox Team
    Mauronofrio
    TopJohnWu
    Ae3NerdGod
    Invernomut0
    acuicultor
    Morphine1
    4U Tech
    Renegade Project
    Joker
    Hi all!

FYI

I got display issues on my Oneplus 6t so I can not use it anymore.
    Got a Oneplus 8t now so I will not do any more big development for this Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series anymore unfortunately. :cry:
    Of course if it is just to Update Orangefox or TWRP to a newer Version I will still update it but I dont think I will be able to release much with new feature anymore.
    I know it is so sad.
    Have to see how I will live with my Oneplus 8t without Dualboot now.
    I can say that I already miss that I do not have my Dualboot on the Oneplus 8t now but since this device has dynamic partitions I can not implement/build a Dualboot for this device!
    Dualboot_Orangefox_new_update.png

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update is up now. :)

07/25/2021 - 3.5.2-9 v6.1

Changelog:
    - Updated to OrangeFox
    Version R11.1
    - Updated Dualboot Companion App to V2.9.2
    - Added parted Tool to manage EFI/Windows partitions
    - Added quickmode option to create EFI partition Layout (more info will come!)

Download Link is updated in the OP.
    I also linked an Installation Video (done by user 4U Tech) in the OP.
    More info regarding some more new stuff besides of the new Orangefox and Companion App Version will come soon.

Have fun!
    Hi all!

A have uploaded a new Version with a small bug-fix now.
    Download Link is updated in the OP.

Dualboot TWRP v4.4

02/07/2021 - 3.5.0-9 v4.4
    - Fixed bug which caused that the quickmode options were not working
    FYI

I am just testing my Dualboot with creating EFI and NTFS Windows Partitions.
    Have successfully repartitioned to EFI, NTFS, Android (ext4) partitions now and can boot the UEFI Shell from Windows.

I am using the Renegate Project Windows 11 on ARM for this. :)
    So the next Update of my Dualboot will have options to create the EFI, NTFS partitions if someone wants to try it out with the above mentioned project.