[RECOVERY][DUALBOOT][V7.2] TWRP/OrangeFox for the OnePlus 6/6t [28-Aug-2022]

Search This thread

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hi all :)

I was so busy doing and testing stuff on my Oneplus 8t that I did not had much time to do things for my Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series now.

Just put on my Oneplus 6t again and will install my Dualboot again.

Lots of things have changed in TWRP and in regards of which OOS Firmware should be used, also with Android 12
there is a seperate TWRP Version needed which will only work on Android 12 Firmware so I think it will be complicated to get Dualboot working with TWRP 12.

I will try to build a new working v7.1 Version in the next days.
The v7 one here is not fully working as it uses a newer TWRP Version and there it seems that things have changed so that my Dualboot script will not execute the partitioning steps.
I will have to go back to an older TWRP Version to get that working again I guess.

I will check and try to Upload an updated Dualboot Version during the weekend.

Stay tuned!

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
OK I guess I got it now.
The issue here seems to be the TWRP 3.6.2-11 Version which is based on Android 11.
Even if I flash OOS11 on both my slots I had no luck to get the Dualboot working correctly.
It seems that something in the Android 11 base got changed causing some commands not to work which are needed for my Dualboot.

Then I created a flashable Firmware for the latest OOS 9 Version and flashed it to both slots.
Then I could boot up the offical TWRP 3.6.2-9 which is based on Android 9.

That Version is fully working again with all the Dualboot stuff. :)

I will put together everything and publish a new Version now during the weekend.

Reactions: koobie777

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
New Update is out!

Dualboot TWRP v7.1

08/26/2022 - 3.6.2-9 v7.1
- Updated with offical TWRP Version 3.6.2 (based on Android 9, the Android 11 based Version does not work with my Dualboot right now)
- seperated Version for enchilada (OP6) and fajita (OP6T) as the Official TWRP Version is not unified
- added OP6xT as devicename to the Dualboot flashing script

Download link is updated in the OP.

CommonData on Android 12 is not getting mounted in this Version.
The mount path needs to be adjusted.
Also I am just thinking of to create a seperate Version for Android 12 which can
decrypt data on Android 12 and Android 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmr168401

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
New Dualboot v7.1 is now updated with a new fresh updated Orangefox Version as well with all the latest changes from Orangefox since that was not updated for Dualboot since some time now.

Downloads updated in the OP.

:)
(y)

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hi im so interest if I can get dualboot oos and crdroid it would be nice
Yes that should work.
I am just not 100% sure if the newer OOS Versions can be flashed with my Dualboot now since it is still based on old OOS9 now.

Also I am not sure if OOS flashing is working now when using the official TWRP Version.
I have not tried to flash OOS now since I updated it actually.

Reactions: Methawin

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hi all!

FYI

I have removed the download of the new 7.1 Version right now, as I found some bugs I need to fix.
Seems there is more that needs to be changed from TWRP 3.5 to TWRP 3.6 now.

Last edited:

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hi all! :)

OK now I have sorted out the issue, fixed it and build a new Dualboot Version v7.2 with
TWRP 3.6.2 and a new Orangefox Version with the latest Orangefox changes.

Dualboot TWRP/Orangefox v7.2

08/28/2022 - 3.6.2-9 v7.2

- Updated with offical TWRP Version 3.6.2 (based on Android 9)
- new fresh Updated Orangefox Version with all the latest changes from Orangefox
- added Dualboot logo to Orangefox again
- Fixes in the Dualboot flashing script which caused the Data not getting mounted from recovery
- added back automatic installation of Magisk as that is needed for some patching from the script

The download link is updated in the OP.
I hope that everything is working now but I have test this now twice on my Oneplus 6t and it was working without any issue.

Last edited:

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
FYI

My Dualboot (TWRP and Orangefox) is still based on old TWRP recovery source from Android 9.
When I tried to update it using a newer TWRP Version based on Android 11 or 12 that broke mostly all of the Dualboot features in my flashing script.

I have not figured out yet how I can get that fixed and working.

When using the Dualboot now which is based on old recovery it could be that some Android 12 ROMs are not working/booting and also I guess Android 13 ROMs can not be used with Dualboot right now.

Reactions: kmr168401 and vkass

Hellera

Jun 27, 2015
Sighet
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hello friends, I have ofox on another phone and it's better than twrp in my opinion. I installed ofox on my Oneplus 6T (latest version 7.2) , works fine but I have only one issue... it doesn't see my pen drive storage attached when I want to flash something... Is any trick or something to fix it?
Can anybody gives me an ideea, please? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dualboot TWRP / OrangeFox
    For the Oneplus 6 series

Dualboot_TWRP.JPG
    Dualboot_Orangefox.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this mod
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

You can choose to install this Dualboot-mod with a blacked themed TWRP or with OrangeFox recovery.
    Modified TWRP/OrangeFox and installer script for Oneplus 6 series that re-purposes userdata for true dual booting. You can also just use this as a regular stock recovery for flashing TWRP/Orangefox (Stock without Dualboot).
    This mod has Magisk 21.4 build in as of now but you can just manually flash the latest Magisk afterwards if needed or you can install the lastest Magisk Version from the Magisk app.

You can select between A/B/(C) partition layout or stock partition layout (Dualbooting is only possible with A/B or A/B/C partition Layout not with Stock Layout!!)
    On Stock Layout you can now choose to have a seperate partition called StockSD.
    Seems that the StockSD Layout is not working correctly means if you flash a ROM it will just Bootloop.
    I had no luck in finding out why this is happening.

You have to choose to install Magisk from the Dualboot-mod while flashing if you want to use the Common Data partition on A/B/C Layout or StockSD partition on Stock Layout.
    A limitation of this Dualboot-mod is that you can only set a PIN/Password in one of the ROMs not on both.
    more

Download

Download Bootable recovery.img files

Installation instructions or here more detailed instructions (thanks to @Joker)

Installation Video

EFI/NTFS Windows Installation instructions from Renegate Project

Source Code

Telegram Group

Changelog
    08/28/2022 - 3.6.2-9 v7.2
    - Updated with offical TWRP Version 3.6.2 (based on Android 9)
    - new fresh Updated Orangefox Version with all the latest changes from Orangefox
    - added Dualboot logo to Orangefox again
    - Fixes in the Dualboot flashing script which caused the Data not getting mounted from recovery
    - added back automatic installation of Magisk as that is needed for some patching from the script
    view older Changelogs

Screenshots
    Dualboot_TWRP2.pngDualboot_TWRP3.pngDualboot_TWRP4.pngDualboot_TWRP5.pngDualboot_TWRP_Companion_app.pngDualboot_Companion_app_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_2.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_4.pngOrangeFox_Dualboot_5.png

Dualboot Version: 7.2
    TWRP Version: 3.6.2-9
    Orangefox Version: R11.1
    Companion app Version: 2.9.2
    Devices: Oneplus 6 (enchilada) / Oneplus 6t (fajita)
    Latest Update: 28-Aug-2022
    Maintainer: Wishmasterflo

Credits:
    Zackptg5
    Teamwin
    The OrangeFox Team
    Mauronofrio
    TopJohnWu
    Ae3NerdGod
    Invernomut0
    acuicultor
    Morphine1
    4U Tech
    Renegade Project
    Joker
    Hi all!

FYI

I got display issues on my Oneplus 6t so I can not use it anymore.
    Got a Oneplus 8t now so I will not do any more big development for this Dualboot for the Oneplus 6 series anymore unfortunately. :cry:
    Of course if it is just to Update Orangefox or TWRP to a newer Version I will still update it but I dont think I will be able to release much with new feature anymore.
    I know it is so sad.
    Have to see how I will live with my Oneplus 8t without Dualboot now.
    I can say that I already miss that I do not have my Dualboot on the Oneplus 8t now but since this device has dynamic partitions I can not implement/build a Dualboot for this device!
    Dualboot_Orangefox_new_update.png

Hi all!

New Dualboot Update is up now. :)

07/25/2021 - 3.5.2-9 v6.1

Changelog:
    - Updated to OrangeFox
    Version R11.1
    - Updated Dualboot Companion App to V2.9.2
    - Added parted Tool to manage EFI/Windows partitions
    - Added quickmode option to create EFI partition Layout (more info will come!)

Download Link is updated in the OP.
    I also linked an Installation Video (done by user 4U Tech) in the OP.
    More info regarding some more new stuff besides of the new Orangefox and Companion App Version will come soon.

Have fun!
    Hi all!

A have uploaded a new Version with a small bug-fix now.
    Download Link is updated in the OP.

Dualboot TWRP v4.4

02/07/2021 - 3.5.0-9 v4.4
    - Fixed bug which caused that the quickmode options were not working
    FYI

I am just testing my Dualboot with creating EFI and NTFS Windows Partitions.
    Have successfully repartitioned to EFI, NTFS, Android (ext4) partitions now and can boot the UEFI Shell from Windows.

I am using the Renegate Project Windows 11 on ARM for this. :)
    So the next Update of my Dualboot will have options to create the EFI, NTFS partitions if someone wants to try it out with the above mentioned project.