[Recovery][EMUI 8.x][Mate 9][Unofficial]TWRP 3.2.1-0 [28/04/2018]

Search This thread

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Disclaimer
This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
* Start your device in fastboot mode
* Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [filename].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_mate9_0.1.img
* Restart with this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
* As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9.

Contributors
**** Pretoriano80
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.
**** @Tecalote - He was the main tester for this version and also he was the one that convinced me to open this thread in first place
**** @Blackball
**** Team OpenKirin - thanks for the "Oem Path wipe esclusion" code

Download links
twrp_mate9_0.1.img - initial release

Last edited:

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
I am very happy with this TWRP. Everything is working so far on EMUI, Android 8.
Data wipe is possible, cause OEM Path is excluded.
Vendor.img and System.img and recovery_ramdisk can be flashed by choosing img to the related img.
Backup, restore of all shown Partitions working perfectly.
Decryption of storage if using Fingerprint /PIN is working. Full encryption support for data..
Many thanks to @Pretoriano80 for this awesome and first most complete TWRP for Mate 9 :good::good::)

BTW: @Blackball had tested this TWRP for P10 Plus and it is also working on this Device (so it will run also on P10).
Many thanks for testing too :good:

Last edited:

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
This is good to know... Going to have to give this TWRP a try. So what, to decrypt data, do I just have to format data in TWRP or?

Format data is only necessary if installing AOSP based Roms which require this (in installation guide)
But for Stock Firmware you don't need to decrypt (format) anything because encryption is fully supported

Of course, you can't install older Stock based Custom Rom which mount data in the updater-script without /dev/block/dm-0

Last edited:

Caguayote

Oct 12, 2013
i end up with error 255 on huawei mate 9 rooted oreo mha-l29 8.0.0.360(c567)
when i try to backup and at the beginning of twrp boot it ask me for a password

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
i end up with error 255 on huawei mate 9 rooted oreo mha-l29 8.0.0.360(c567)
when i try to backup and at the beginning of twrp boot it ask me for a password
If it's ask for password, then insert the same passwords/pin/pattern that you are using in Android, so TWRP can decrypt the internal storage.
That's the whole purpose of having a TWRP with decryption support.

Reactions: Tecalote

_Nostromo_

May 10, 2014
Hi, I really appreciate this recovery, just have one question: is there a way to enter the decryption pwd only once and not with every TWRP start? Would make things easier (even I understand the current way is much safer...). Thanks and respect!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
    * Start your device in fastboot mode
    * Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [filename].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_mate9_0.1.img
    * Restart with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    * As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
    MTP and OTG connection = working
    Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9.

Contributors
    **** Pretoriano80
    **** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
    **** TeamWin project ,obviously.
    **** @Tecalote - He was the main tester for this version and also he was the one that convinced me to open this thread in first place
    **** @Blackball
    **** Team OpenKirin - thanks for the "Oem Path wipe esclusion" code

Download links
    twrp_mate9_0.1.img - initial release
    I am very happy with this TWRP. Everything is working so far on EMUI, Android 8.
    Data wipe is possible, cause OEM Path is excluded.
    Vendor.img and System.img and recovery_ramdisk can be flashed by choosing img to the related img.
    Backup, restore of all shown Partitions working perfectly.
    Decryption of storage if using Fingerprint /PIN is working. Full encryption support for data..
    Many thanks to @Pretoriano80 for this awesome and first most complete TWRP for Mate 9 :good::good::)

BTW: @Blackball had tested this TWRP for P10 Plus and it is also working on this Device (so it will run also on P10).
    Many thanks for testing too :good:
    Hi, I really appreciate this recovery, just have one question: is there a way to enter the decryption pwd only once and not with every TWRP start? Would make things easier (even I understand the current way is much safer...). Thanks and respect!
    No, it's designed to work like this!
    If your Phone is rooted, with Root Filemanager like FX Explorer or Mixplorer you can copy from /system/build.prop and /vendor/build.prop
    I just attached the build.pro files .Using RR remix treble project
    Thank you for such a great project!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone