[RECOVERY] [EOL/DOES NOT WORK] [T820/5] TWRP 3.3.1-1

Search This thread

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
UNOFFICIAL RELEASE - TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 - SM-T825

TWRP 3.3.1-1 Released
May 22, 2019

TWRP 3.3.1-1 is out now for most currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.3.1-1:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

Latest Build: 3.3.1-1
Current status: Testing

IMPORTANT:
BEFORE FLASHING TWRP, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM HERE:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...alaxy-t3581359

Downloads (MEGA):
Because of a problem, download links are temporarily removed.

SM-T825:

IMG: not available
TAR: not available

SM-T820:

Contributors:
@ashyx
@Mentalmuso
TWRP team

This post is friendly, and your feedback is appreciated A LOT.
Let's get started!

Last edited:

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
I use tweaked firmware android 9 on t-825. Version from 25.5.20 does not work. That is, I put it on top of 3.2.1 and twrp ceases to start at all.

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
I use tweaked firmware android 9 on t-825. Version from 25.5.20 does not work. That is, I put it on top of 3.2.1 and twrp ceases to start at all.

Hi and thanks for your feedback!.
If flashing over the old version doesn't work, try to flash it manually via Odin.
Tell me please if it works.

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
Hi and thanks for your feedback!.
If flashing over the old version doesn't work, try to flash it manually via Odin.
Tell me please if it works.
Firmware through one does not help. There generally is a file analysis. Does this version work for you? Maybe I already forgot how it's all done?):D

Last edited:

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
Firmware through one does not help. There generally is a file analysis. Does this version work for you? Maybe I already forgot how it's all done?):D

Hello and sorry for replying late.
I tested my recovery today (since I had no time the other days) and it works fine on my Tab S3 LTE.
What variant do you have? Because for the moment it's only available for the SM-T825 (the cellular variant). If all goes well the version for the SM-T820 (the wifi variant) will be available tomorrow.

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
Hello and sorry for replying late.
I tested my recovery today (since I had no time the other days) and it works fine on my Tab S3 LTE.
What variant do you have? Because for the moment it's only available for the SM-T825 (the cellular variant). If all goes well the version for the SM-T820 (the wifi variant) will be available tomorrow.

Just updated the version of twrp to 3.2.3.0 and requested 3.3.1.1 through twrp and anyway it is overwritten

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
I just installed the system completely through one 3.14.4 and tried to install this twrp version and still met with an error the file is analysis.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
Nothing happens next
Does anyone else have this version of recovery working?

greeg32

Sep 21, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I just installed the system completely through one 3.14.4 and tried to install this twrp version and still met with an error the file is analysis.
Nothing happens next
Does anyone else have this version of recovery working?

I'm going to give it a go here in a sec. I'll report back

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Still working on it. My wife is using our main laptop so I'm using the old one which has.....issues LOL. The joys of working from home together!

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Still working on it. My wife is using our main laptop so I'm using the old one which has.....issues LOL. The joys of working from home together!

Update: Did not work, same issue you had (stuck on "file analysis"). Tried downloading the IMG file and making a TAR, that didn't work either.

vegych

Jan 25, 2018
Update: Did not work, same issue you had (stuck on "file analysis"). Tried downloading the IMG file and making a TAR, that didn't work either.

That's what happened

<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 25 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> twrp_3.3.1-1_T825_25520.img
<ID:0/004> Unassigned file
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Dwightsch

May 9, 2020
t825

hi @JordanBleu thank you so much for these. i bought this tab when we weren't sanctioned and now i can't afford anything else. i use it mostly as a annotation tool for textbooks and courses cause i can't carry books and notebooks around. is there anyway you can help me with compiling a permissive Bootable kernel for the stock rom? i tried to do it but it won't boot and when i used any kernel, it booted but wifi was out and the old method for fixing it doesn't work. plus as soon as i flash magisk it bootloops and overheats.
id really really appreciate some help on this. thanks
cheers
ps:couldn't use this on my tablet. it can't be flashed via odin and flashing the image with the old twrp breaks the recovery altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: vegych

JordanBleu

Nov 26, 2019
Hi, where is the link to the file?

Actually I removed every link of the recovery since it had problems and never even booted up, I'm sorry.
I will ask the moderator(s) to remove this thread and the other one of Evolution X of mine since they never worked and may confuse/mislead new users and get them into problems.
This is the thread of the semi official TWRP that works for your tablet: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...recovery-twrp-3-1-0-1-samsung-galaxy-t3581359
Again, I'm really sorry if I frustrated you with this noob experiment I made a few months ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNOFFICIAL RELEASE - TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab S3 - SM-T825

TWRP 3.3.1-1 Released
    May 22, 2019

TWRP 3.3.1-1 is out now for most currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.3.1-1:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
    * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
    * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
    * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
    * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

Latest Build: 3.3.1-1
    Current status: Testing

IMPORTANT:
    BEFORE FLASHING TWRP, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM HERE:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...alaxy-t3581359

Downloads (MEGA):
    Because of a problem, download links are temporarily removed.

SM-T825:

SM-T820:

Contributors:
    @ashyx
    @Mentalmuso
    TWRP team

This post is friendly, and your feedback is appreciated A LOT.
    Let's get started!
    t825

hi @JordanBleu thank you so much for these. i bought this tab when we weren't sanctioned and now i can't afford anything else. i use it mostly as a annotation tool for textbooks and courses cause i can't carry books and notebooks around. is there anyway you can help me with compiling a permissive Bootable kernel for the stock rom? i tried to do it but it won't boot and when i used any kernel, it booted but wifi was out and the old method for fixing it doesn't work. plus as soon as i flash magisk it bootloops and overheats.
    id really really appreciate some help on this. thanks
    cheers
    ps:couldn't use this on my tablet. it can't be flashed via odin and flashing the image with the old twrp breaks the recovery altogether.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone