I'm stuck in recovery, can anyone teach me how to do it,plsTeam Win Recovery Project 3.0.2-4
This is for the International SM-G930F/FD/X, Korean SM-G930K/L/S, and Canadian SM-G930W8 Exynos models only! Do not flash on S7 edge or Qualcomm models!
WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
You generally don't have to worry, as it's incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.
WARNING #2: The Galaxy S7 stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION: Follow the full rooting steps below, in order, to allow system modifications without the risk of a boot loop!
WHAT IS TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
You can find the device page here:
There is a download link there, as well as instructions on how to flash it.
I highly recommend using Odin to flash when possible.
You can find a zip containing Odin as well as Samsung's Mobile drivers here:
FULL STEPS FOR OBTAINING ROOT
You can follow this video by Max Lee if you'd like: How to Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge! [Exynos ONLY]
Otherwise, follow these instructions:
* MTP, known as Media Transfer Protocol, is the same way you transfer files from your PC to your device when booted into system.
- In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
- Extract Odin_3.12.3.zip to your computer.
- Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
- Download a .tar image of TWRP for herolte.
- Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
- Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot and disable Auto-Reboot, then press [Start].
- Hold [Volume Down] + [Home] + [Power] to get out of Download mode and immediately swap [Volume Down] to [Volume Up] (continuing to hold [Home] + [Power]) when the screen blanks.
If you don't see then TWRP boot splash try again from step 6.
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don't follow the next step you will be unable to boot!
If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
You will need an external SDcard for this method, if you don't have one you will have to use adb sideload to install SuperSU.
If you only want a bootable system partition:
Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
Note: This does not disable the forced encryption on Bxxx firmware, only Axxx firmware due to a change in vold by Samsung.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
- v3.0.2-4 - Fix restoring of non-ext4 partitions, update f2fs drivers, update to BPID source & Linux 3.18.43
- v3.0.2-3 - Fix booting on BPH6/APGH bootloaders, rebase on Note 7 sources, enable NTFS-3G formatting
- v3.0.2-2 - Fix MTP issue in kernel
- v3.0.2-1 - Separation of Korean variants, retrieve actual model from bootloader, drop modem from fstab, remove legacy flags, add bootdevice symlink, last_kmsg support
- v3.0.2-0 - See here for the changes.
- v3.0.1-0 - Fixed USB OTG storage
- v3.0.0-0 (twrp.me) - 禁用調製解調器分區的備份/恢復（必須在 Odin 中籤名和刷入）
- v3.0.0-0 - 基於三星 OSRC G930FXXU1APAW 內核初始化新設備樹。
- MTP 支持
- USB 大容量存儲支持
- 微型 SD 卡和 USB OTG 存儲支持
- f2fs 文件系統支持（讀、寫、格式化、備份和恢復）
- exFAT 文件系統支持（讀取、寫入、格式化、備份和恢復）
- NTFS 文件系統支持（讀取、寫入、格式化）
- 完整的 SELinux 支持
- 內置 android 6.0 樹
- TWRP 3.0尚不支持三星加密（請參閱： https ://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/17308/）
您可以在 IRC 上的#twrp 上找到我們，網址為 chat.freenode.net。
TWRP：https : //github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery (android-6.0)
設備樹：https : //github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_herolte (android-6.0)
設備樹（韓國）：https : //github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_heroltekor (android-6.0)
內核：https : //github.com/jcadduono/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890 (twrp-6.0)
TWRP 的 Gerrit：http ://gerrit.omnirom.org/
Gerrit 官方支持的設備：http : //gerrit.twrp.me/
Team Win 恢復項目 - 三星 Galaxy S7，三星 Galaxy S7 的工具/實用程序
jcadduono , Team Win & 朋友
源代碼： https : //github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_herolte
Install the twrp.IMG from twrp recovery,is it possible to upgrade TWRP from Within TWRP or only by ODIN ?
I have installed TWRP 184.108.40.206 and want to upgrade to the newest 3.5.2_9_0
because i want to make a FW upgrade from TeamExyKings (Android8) to Lineage17.1 (Android10) and dont know, if i can do this with the old TWRP or if a should upgrade TWRP first.