• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery][Exynos] TWRP 3.2.0-0 for Galaxy S5 G900H (K3gxx)

Search This thread

somadsul

Jan 28, 2014
Pune
gnnvjfhn.jpg

This is for International SM-G900H Exynos models only!

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
You generally don't have to worry, as it's incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.

Universal
CHANGELOG for 3.2.0-0:

Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
-Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
-Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
-Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
-Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
-Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
-Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
-v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
-Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
-Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-1:
  • - Fix twrp on emmc based devices

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:

• -Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    -Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    -Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

• -vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: https://github.com/omnirom/android_b...863b15c16949d9 (bigbiff)
    -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

CHANGELOG FOR 3.0.2-0
  • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
  • Add Greek translation to some builds.
  • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
  • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
  • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
  • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
  • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
  • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
  • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
  • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
  • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
  • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG FOR 3.0.0-0
  • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
  • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
  • Language translation - It won't be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won't be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM's Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
  • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
  • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
  • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
  • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
  • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
  • Update AOSP base to 6.0
  • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOADS
https://dl.twrp.me/k3gxx/

HOW TO INSTALL???
follow instructions HERE

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.1.1-1 G900H, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
somadsul

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.1-1
Stable Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2016-09-19
Last Updated 2017-09-08

TWRP 3.2.0-0 G900H, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
somadsul
Source Code: Source Code : https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.0-0
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-01

Created 2016-09-19
Last Updated 2017-12-03

Last edited:

somadsul

Jan 28, 2014
Pune
Can you give changelog or difference between your recovery and fevax's one

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Also can I flash it via flashify???
Yes, thread will update tomorrow, I was in hurry to upload recovery only,
You can extract tar.md5 as you get recovery.img & flash it with flashify

Last edited:

iDouvie

Jul 19, 2016
Ohh Sorry mate I will look into this,
Is there you get flashing error or flashed succesfully but still you are on old recovery?

When i flashed, it'd say something like Successfully flashed TWRP 3.0.0 and then end the installation but still remain on TWRP 3.0.0.0, it wasn't that big a deal since Odin works wonders, thanks for the update! :D

somadsul

Jan 28, 2014
Pune
Flashed the recovery and it is working fine. Thank you
Is you flashed zip or through the Odin?
When i flashed, it'd say something like Successfully flashed TWRP 3.0.0 and then end the installation but still remain on TWRP 3.0.0.0, it wasn't that big a deal since Odin works wonders, thanks for the update! :D
Yeah but its easy to flash others with older recovery so need to find the problem, I was tested & worked but for you not worked so wanted to find the problem

sent from my Tencent OS G900H

Mulmiz

Dec 8, 2012
Patan
www.Mulmiz.Com
Is this problem you get after this recovery flash or you trying to root first time?
I had twrp by Fevax and rooted. Lost recovery and root after update via kies. Was Planing to flash twrp again, saw your post and flashed your version of twrp. Your version of twrp flashed successfully but unable to root my device. I switched back to TWRP by Fevax and able to root :)
Thanks anyway

somadsul

Jan 28, 2014
Pune
I had twrp by Fevax and rooted. Lost recovery and root after update via kies. Was Planing to flash twrp again, saw your post and flashed your version of twrp. Your version of twrp flashed successfully but unable to root my device. I switched back to TWRP by Fevax and able to root :)
Thanks anyway
Strange...
Will find the problem but I am thinking that I have not faced this & I think 40 people are downloaded & no one is reporting other than you so waiting if any other report.

sent from my Tencent OS G900H

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gnnvjfhn.jpg

This is for International SM-G900H Exynos models only!

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
    You generally don't have to worry, as it's incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.

Universal
    CHANGELOG for 3.2.0-0:

Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    -Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    -Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    -Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    -Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    -Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    -Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    -v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    -Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    -Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-1:
    • - Fix twrp on emmc based devices

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:

• -Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
      -Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
      -Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
      -Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
      -Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

• -vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
      -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: https://github.com/omnirom/android_b...863b15c16949d9 (bigbiff)
      -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
      -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
      -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
      -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
      -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
      -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
      -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
      -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
      -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
      -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
      -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
      -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
      -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
      -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
      -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
      -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

CHANGELOG FOR 3.0.2-0
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

CHANGELOG FOR 3.0.0-0
    • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    • Language translation - It won't be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won't be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM's Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    • Update AOSP base to 6.0
    • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOADS

HOW TO INSTALL???
    follow instructions HERE

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

TWRP 3.1.1-1 G900H, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    somadsul

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.1.1-1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2016-09-19
    Last Updated 2017-09-08

TWRP 3.2.0-0 G900H, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    somadsul
    Source Code: Source Code : https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.0-0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-01

Created 2016-09-19
    Last Updated 2017-12-03
    Announcement
    Now Our Device supports official updates

DOWNLOADS
    Thread Updated
    Can you give changelog or difference between your recovery and fevax's one

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Also can I flash it via flashify???
    Yes, thread will update tomorrow, I was in hurry to upload recovery only,
    You can extract tar.md5 as you get recovery.img & flash it with flashify