[RECOVERY][eyeul] TWRP 3.5.2-0 touch recovery

Search This thread

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
  • Feb 11, 2015
    Kaohsiung
    HTC One (m7)
    HTC One V
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

home.png
    backupname.png

CHANGELOG for 3.3.1-0:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
    * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
    * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
    * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
    * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
    * Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
    * Use ANDROID_ROOT variable instead of hard coding to /system (CaptainThrowback)
    * Decrypt FBE on 9.0 and metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
    * vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback and nijel8)
    * Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
    * Metadata decrypt support for Pixel 3 (Dees_Troy)
    * Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
    * Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
    * Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
    * Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 and 4 (Dees_Troy)
    * Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
    * Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
    * TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
    * Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
    * Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:

-minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    -Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    -Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    -Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:
    -Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    -Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    -Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    -Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:
    -vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: https://github.com/omnirom/androidbootablerecovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9 (bigbiff)
    -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    -Add Greek translation to some builds.

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
    Recovery Folder

SOURCES:
    sources

Credits:
    TWRP team. :good:

Last edited:

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
  • Feb 11, 2015
    Kaohsiung
    HTC One (m7)
    HTC One V
    Changelogs

2021/01/13
    • Updated to TWRP 3.5.0_9.0

2020/06/25
    • Updated to TWRP 3.4.0-0
    • Updated kernel to latest LOS upstream kernel.
    • Support SAR(System-as-root).
    • Support Decryption.
    • MTP is broken for now.

2018/02/18
    • updated to TWRP 3.1.1-1 : fix exfat sdcard.
    • release of TWRP 3.2.1-0 : support Oreo.
      still no MTP for now.

Last edited:

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
    I installed on my Desire Eye and found that if you power off and find that if you have the phone connected to a charger it hangs with the charging icon and does not proceed to the battery with % charged. Even if you remove the power it stays stuck on this screen. Holding the power button does nothing. I eventually found that you need to hold volume up and down and power button and it will boot normally.

Reactions: Mafioso

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
    Any fix for power on issue?

I installed on my Desire Eye and found that if you power off and find that if you have the phone connected to a charger it hangs with the charging icon and does not proceed to the battery with % charged. Even if you remove the power it stays stuck on this screen. Holding the power button does nothing. I eventually found that you need to hold volume up and down and power button and it will boot normally.

Just wondering if there is a fix for this issue. I get it if I ever let my phone died and then have the plug it in to get some charge to reboot it. The battery icon comes up and the phone won't restart normally even if you remove the power. The only option is holding volume up/down and power button until it starts.

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
    Pune
    2018/02/18:
      still no MTP for now.

I can confirm this issue with version 3.2.1.-0 version of twrp. I also faced it. Thankfully challenger had already posted a workaround otherwise would have been scary. Back to old twrp version now..

Reactions: challenger07

challenger07

Aug 25, 2017
    Thanks it works

I have just downloaded TWRP 3.4.0-0 and it works. It resolves the issue in the last release that I reported about hanging when turned off and power applied. Now it correctly displays the battery and % charge. When I have a bit more time I'll try your new ROM. Thanks for the great work, I wasn't expecting to see an update for this old phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

home.png
      backupname.png

CHANGELOG for 3.3.1-0:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
      * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
      * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
      * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
      * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
      * Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
      * Use ANDROID_ROOT variable instead of hard coding to /system (CaptainThrowback)
      * Decrypt FBE on 9.0 and metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
      * vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback and nijel8)
      * Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
      * Metadata decrypt support for Pixel 3 (Dees_Troy)
      * Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
      * Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
      * Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
      * Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 and 4 (Dees_Troy)
      * Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
      * Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
      * TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
      * Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
      * Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:

-minui fixes (cryptomilk)
      -Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
      -Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
      -Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
      -Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:
      -Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
      -Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
      -Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
      -Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
      -Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:
      -vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
      -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: https://github.com/omnirom/androidbootablerecovery/commit/ce8f83c48d200106ff61ad530c863b15c16949d9 (bigbiff)
      -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
      -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
      -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
      -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
      -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
      -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
      -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
      -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
      -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
      -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
      -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
      -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
      -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
      -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
      -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
      -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
      -Add Greek translation to some builds.

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

DOWNLOAD:
      Recovery Folder

SOURCES:
      sources

Credits:
      TWRP team. :good:
      Changelogs

2021/01/13
      • Updated to TWRP 3.5.0_9.0

2020/06/25
      • Updated to TWRP 3.4.0-0
      • Updated kernel to latest LOS upstream kernel.
      • Support SAR(System-as-root).
      • Support Decryption.
      • MTP is broken for now.

2018/02/18
        still no MTP for now.
      2018/02/18:
        still no MTP for now.

I can confirm this issue with version 3.2.1.-0 version of twrp. I also faced it. Thankfully challenger had already posted a workaround otherwise would have been scary. Back to old twrp version now..
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone