[RECOVERY][F2FS][sturgeon] Unofficial TWRP 3.0.2-0 touch recovery [2016-06-08]

Search This thread

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Unofficial F2FS-compatible TWRP for the Huawei Watch
Please note that to use this, your bootloader MUST be unlocked.
You can download the modified recovery image from here.
To flash this recovery, make sure that your watch is plugged into your PC, in fastboot mode, with all of the proper drivers installed (if applicable), then run the following command.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-f2fs-3.0.2-sturgeon.img

Now you should be able to reboot to TWRP recovery and use it like you would on a phone!

Sources:
Kernel source: https://github.com/r3pwn/android_kernel_huawei_sturgeon
Device tree source: https://github.com/r3pwn/android_device_huawei_sturgeon
Devs, please note that the device tree is designed to be built in a CM tree, not an Omni tree. If you are having some trouble getting TWRP into your CM tree, PM me and I'll help you out. :)

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Awesome. Been waiting for the 3.0.2 update. Thanks so much.

What are the benefits of f2fs on such a small device? The difference was noticeable on my Nexus 5 way back when... guess I should just try it out and see!

From what I've noticed, any lag that was there before is now gone completely, and eveything seems at least slightly smoother.

jkoljo

Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
My phone gave repeated notifications that watch has disconnected, so I thought I would unpair and pair it. Watch decided to factory reset at Android side, which caused a TWRP boot loop. Ideas, other than flash_all in bootloader? Maybe there is a should-reset flag or similar indicator that Android sets that the recovery should unset?

So when I boot, watch goes to TWRP. No matter what partitions I wipe (excluding system), it will not boot to Android.

Last edited:

acultr

Jan 29, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My phone gave repeated notifications that watch has disconnected, so I thought I would unpair and pair it. Watch decided to factory reset at Android side, which caused a TWRP boot loop. Ideas, other than flash_all in bootloader? Maybe there is a should-reset flag or similar indicator that Android sets that the recovery should unset?

So when I boot, watch goes to TWRP. No matter what partitions I wipe (excluding system), it will not boot to Android.
I had a same issue. I reflashed the rom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

jkoljo

Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
I flashed stock recovery, then rebooted watch and everything is ok. Flashed this TWRP back afterwards.

pablo71

Apr 19, 2008
I don't fully understand the steps to take, but I want to try this because it looks really good.

do I have this right?

1 flash this twrp
2 wipe all partitions and internal storage
3 use this twrp to change all partitions to f2fs, or just data?
4 flash-all.bat the stock images provided by Google

could I flash skin1980's MM kernel afterwards?

thank you

acultr

Jan 29, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't fully understand the steps to take, but I want to try this because it looks really good.

do I have this right?

1 flash this twrp
2 wipe all partitions and internal storage
3 use this twrp to change all partitions to f2fs, or just data?
4 flash-all.bat the stock images provided by Google

could I flash skin1980's MM kernel afterwards?

thank you
http://xdaforums.com/huawei-watch/orig-development/kernel-jpark-kernel-huawei-watch-t3394967/page1

flash N preview
flash kernel flash recovery
boot in to recovery and use the instructions

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: r3pwn

klaus ita

Apr 4, 2014
milan
huawei Watch china...

Hi,

I bought this watch in China but it is not possible to use with Andr wear europe...
so I'd like to rom and so on... I did the same in the past with a Galaxy note...
the poitn with smartwatch I'm not expert so I don't know how to root and flash...the rom.

sorry to bother you...
thanks in advance,

Claudio

Techlyfe

Hi,

I bought this watch in China but it is not possible to use with Andr wear europe...
so I'd like to rom and so on... I did the same in the past with a Galaxy note...
the poitn with smartwatch I'm not expert so I don't know how to root and flash...the rom.

sorry to bother you...
thanks in advance,

Claudio
This is TWRP recovery, not a ROM. Not sure where to point you as I don't know if watches are exactly the same across countries. There might be a good chance they are all similar, if so u can ask around in the general forums. There's also a developer preview of N with a return to MM link. But you should search around some more b4 doing anything.

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Reactions: klaus ita

Behzadsh

Aug 11, 2011
Tehran
I successfully flashed TWRP but cannot mount data. what step did I missed?
---
edit: I reboot the recovery and seems everything is okay

Last edited:

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
Below, you will find a link to an imgur album full of pictures I've taken of the watch in recovery mode, plus proof that this recovery has f2fs-compatibility.
http://imgur.com/a/UabPb

Thanks for the recovery! It's all running great and I had no issues installing it. My only issue is I can't figure out how to enable the f2fs file system. I looked at your pictures you posted but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm on the sturgeon-nvd83h-wear-2.0-preview-2 Build with the Negalite HW+ Kernel

Nvm, I just found your guide in another thread http://xdaforums.com/huawei-watch/o...awei-watch-t3394967/post67266669#post67266669
Going to go and try this now. Thanks again.

Last edited:

pmgnet

Jan 23, 2008
Atlanta
Hi, could I request an option to set (increase) the font size? Or can I edit a file in TWRP on my own? Thanks!

--

Edit, I found /twres/ui.xml but changing these numbers doesn't seem to be doing anything. Any ideas?

In particular, I'd like to adjust the font for the file list when selecting a zip to install.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts