• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] Fixed CWM v3.0.2.8

Search This thread

InvisibleNinja98

Jun 13, 2012
I remember downloading this and saving it when I still had the SK4G. It works great, just replace the update.zip on the / of your sdcard to use. Click the THANKS button if you D/L'ed/Used/Referred To/So on...

Just because of the nature of this mod, I cannot and will not be held responsible for any mishaps to your devices and or any of its accessories (SDCards) that in this weird world of ours may just happen. This should not discourage you to use it, just saying.. You break it, You fix/replace it.

LINK: CLICK MEEEEEE

I'll still help you with your device (tech help mostly), if you need anything PM me. (probably only/fastest response)

atadres

Oct 18, 2010
Compton CA
dude your a life saver im on att and a flashaholic unfourtunatly while me and some pantech flex users are hard at work getting recovery after we successfully rooted our device about 5 days ago i havent been able to flash anything because the new cwm for the sk4g had been taken down everywhere and the koush one is so buggy and wont let me backup or flash i been looking everywhere for this

Reactions: InvisibleNinja98

eMJaaay

Aug 6, 2012
London
I may be wrong, but I think its due to not replacing the stock binary file with the modded binary file. I'm trying to find it online but krylon's site no longer hosts the file...
His page on Android Spin? I used to download it from there .. don't know if its stopped working now :/

I tried sduvick's script but it wasn't working for me so I had to push the files myself.

InvisibleNinja98

Jun 13, 2012
Last edited:

graycow9

Mar 10, 2012
West Warwick, RI
-__-

Ok guys the actual problem here is that there is a file missing that you need to push through to your "/system/bin" folder in your SK's root directory.

The missing file is the custom "recovery" binary file that krylon360 created. After doing so, either by ADB pushing the file or copy pasting it with a root file manager, you may boot into recovery then run the 'reinstall packages' command in the stock recovery. This in turn loads the new recovery.....

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR MOUNTS IN CUSTOM RECOVERY. It will save you an accidental pain in the ass. Trust me.
Mounts should look as follows:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-unmount /cache
-mount /data
-mount /sdcard (this sometimes says it is mounted-- not important)
-unmount /system (MOST IMPORTANT. IF IT DOES NOT READ AS THIS SAYS- THEN FIX THAT AND MOUNT IT BEFORE ANY BACKUPS OR WIPES. YOU WILL GET STUCK IN THE SCRIPT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will see if I can host the file in my Dropbox. As for the help, it is available in many older posts already. But a hitting that thanks button couldn't hurt ;D

shadowscott

Apr 29, 2011
Ok guys the actual problem here is that there is a file missing that you need to push through to your "/system/bin" folder in your SK's root directory.

The missing file is the custom "recovery" binary file that krylon360 created. After doing so, either by ADB pushing the file or copy pasting it with a root file manager, you may boot into recovery then run the 'reinstall packages' command in the stock recovery. This in turn loads the new recovery.....

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR MOUNTS IN CUSTOM RECOVERY. It will save you an accidental pain in the ass. Trust me.

-unmount /cache
-mount /data
-unmount /system (MOST IMPORTANT. IF IT DOES NOT READ AS THIS SAYS- THEN FIX THAT AND MOUNT IT BEFORE ANY BACKUPS OR WIPES. YOU WILL GET STUCK IN THE SCRIPT)

I will see if I can host the file in my Dropbox. As for the help, it is available in many older posts already. But a hitting that thanks button couldn't hurt ;D

IIRC, I believe this is the file that everyone wants..

http://www.4shared.com/file/BqnNCX3K/recovery.html

InvisibleNinja98

Jun 13, 2012
Thank you

I would like to say thanks to you all helping out with this. My lack of signing in here has to do with me not even having an Android-powered device anymore. I sold my SideKick and MyTouch together for about $250. I still come back here and look around every now and then, but see that a lot of you guys have it under control. So, once again thank you.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember downloading this and saving it when I still had the SK4G. It works great, just replace the update.zip on the / of your sdcard to use. Click the THANKS button if you D/L'ed/Used/Referred To/So on...

Just because of the nature of this mod, I cannot and will not be held responsible for any mishaps to your devices and or any of its accessories (SDCards) that in this weird world of ours may just happen. This should not discourage you to use it, just saying.. You break it, You fix/replace it.

LINK: CLICK MEEEEEE

I'll still help you with your device (tech help mostly), if you need anything PM me. (probably only/fastest response)
    -__-

-unmount /cache
    -mount /data

-unmount /cache
    -mount /data

IIRC, I believe this is the file that everyone wants..

http://www.4shared.com/file/BqnNCX3K/recovery.html
    dude your a life saver im on att and a flashaholic unfourtunatly while me and some pantech flex users are hard at work getting recovery after we successfully rooted our device about 5 days ago i havent been able to flash anything because the new cwm for the sk4g had been taken down everywhere and the koush one is so buggy and wont let me backup or flash i been looking everywhere for this
    That did not work until after I rooted it using RageAgainstTheCage

Re-upped by me here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hn5ikyt6xpn8d9x

After doing that, then it allows the update.zip to work without failing signature check.

EDIT: Then I also used SuperOneClick to shell-root.