TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for LG G3 - d850, d851, d852, d855, d856, f400, ls990, vs985.
TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.
Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM
You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/
To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr / TWRP Manager from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
1. Go to install, find and select the Images... button.
2. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it.
3. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
1. Move recovery.img to internal storage.
2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
adb shell su dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery exit exit adb reboot recovery
Changes in unofficial version:
- compiled on omnirom-7.1 source
- always up-to-date
- updated device trees
- added d856 variant
- NebulaKernel by @Eliminater74
- fixed AROMA installer
- fixed screen brightness
- extra languages + Polish by me
- permissive selinux
- enabled logd/logcat in recovery
- enabled fuse exfat, ntfs-3g, jpeg
- external storage as default storage
- enabled usb-otg support
- working touch to wake
- enabled backup of all partitions
- kernel changes (it's still nebula)
- enabled thermal control
- crypto/f2fs may work or not..
- red theme by @fichl
- decryption works - thanks to @sleeplessnerd (lambdaupb)
Remember to do backup of your current recovery before installing.
Unofficial bumped TWRP-3.0.3-3 for all G3 variants, Tool/Utility for the LG G3
Source Code: https://github.com/dadi11/twrp_devices
Last Updated 2017-01-27