[RECOVERY][G3][All Variants] TWRP-3.0.3-3 (Bumped)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aridity

Dec 30, 2013
Hi guys. I think if found another bug in the inofficial version, which by the way works quite nice so far. Today I tried to do a backup on my sdcard and it only worked if I swtch off compression. When I turn compression on, the phone goes to a blackscreen after some seconds and the only way to wake it up is to pull out the battery... Anybody else experienced this?

Sent from my LG G3 (d855) with Tapatalk

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
Hi guys. I think if found another bug in the inofficial version, which by the way works quite nice so far. Today I tried to do a backup on my sdcard and it only worked if I swtch off compression. When I turn compression on, the phone goes to a blackscreen after some seconds and the only way to wake it up is to pull out the battery... Anybody else experienced this?

I'm doing all my backups with compression and it didn't happen to me.. take a logcat maybe :confused:

aridity

Dec 30, 2013
Will do it. Are you saving your compressed backups on the sdcard?

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Yes indeed ;)

Sent from LG G3

Sir, I have a D850 on Stock KitKat, Rooted, and Bump'd TWRP 2.8.0.0.

Do I just have to flash this via Flashify (as per first page) even though I am only on KK? And will it boot me onwards after I rebooted by only flashing the recovery (basically, just updated my TWRP to 3.0.0.0 but still using Stock KK)...?

:D :) ;) :good:

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
Sir, I have a D850 on Stock KitKat, Rooted, and Bump'd TWRP 2.8.0.0.

Do I just have to flash this via Flashify (as per first page) even though I am only on KK? And will it boot me onwards after I rebooted by only flashing the recovery (basically, just updated my TWRP to 3.0.0.0 but still using Stock KK)...?

Yes it won't interfere with the rom.

Sent from LG G3

Reactions: souler456

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

I'm doing all my backups with compression and it didn't happen to me.. take a logcat maybe :confused:

Thanks for your efforts. I have to report on the VS985 the same problem - only I didn't think to switch off compression, I reverted to the official for now. I tried twice to make a backup (to internal storage in my case). The first time was of all partitions and I manually locked the screen. I know it started fine. I looked a few minutes later and the screen was black. I pulled the battery, tried another backup, this time of everything but recovery, and I didn't manually lock the screen, but it still did the same thing. Both times I saw when I looked to see how far it got that it was somewhere in the process of backing up system when it happened, with boot being the only partition completely backed up.

I'll try to do a logcat later when I have the time, and I apologize that I don't have one to give you right now. Just wanted to confirm the problem.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Thanks sir. And I would like to ask the diffs between your unofficial and the official? Both are Bump'd, yes?

There's a section in the first post that says

Changes in unofficial version:

and provides the list, mate. :)

Reactions: souler456

jurington

Jan 16, 2014
Google Pixel 6
all unofficial twrp images were updated. thermal control is now enabled :)
it shouldn't exceed more than 70C now ;) it was 90C earlier

I can also confirm on vs985 that while doing a backup you can't turn the screen back on after it turns off, and also my temp went up to 90C. Is there a way to start a lot before I start a backup and get a lot even though I can't get the screen back on?

Sent from my g3 using XDA Labs

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

chuyennho184

Jul 18, 2010
Ho Chi Minh
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Reactions: spoonymoon

rk2612

Mar 30, 2010
I can also confirm on vs985 that while doing a backup you can't turn the screen back on after it turns off, and also my temp went up to 90C. Is there a way to start a lot before I start a backup and get a lot even though I can't get the screen back on?

Sent from my g3 using XDA Labs
Same issue using TWRP for D856 on my D858HK. Maybe the thermal controls are not working properly. I've gone back to 2.8.6.1 but do hope this one is fixed soon. Thanks for your hard work @dadi11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IgPXojC.png

TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for LG G3 - d850, d851, d852, d855, d856, f400, ls990, vs985.
    https://twrp.me/

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Screenshots:
    Official:

Unofficial:
    UUiS1lT.png
    yzW4gGM.png
    UCpfVNF.png

Flashing Instructions:
    To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr / TWRP Manager from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
    1. Go to install, find and select the Images... button.
    2. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it.
    3. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
    or
    1. Move recovery.img to internal storage.
    2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery

Changes in unofficial version:

• compiled on omnirom-7.1 source
    • always up-to-date
    • updated device trees
    • added d856 variant
    • NebulaKernel by @Eliminater74
    • fixed AROMA installer
    • fixed screen brightness
    • extra languages + Polish by me
    • permissive selinux
    • enabled logd/logcat in recovery
    • enabled fuse exfat, ntfs-3g, jpeg
    • external storage as default storage
    • enabled usb-otg support
    • working touch to wake
    • enabled backup of all partitions
    • kernel changes (it's still nebula)
    • enabled thermal control
    • crypto/f2fs may work or not..
    • red theme by @fichl
    • decryption works - thanks to @sleeplessnerd (lambdaupb)

Download Links:
    TWRP: Unofficial | Official

Remember to do backup of your current recovery before installing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial bumped TWRP-3.0.3-3 for all G3 variants, Tool/Utility for the LG G3

Contributors
    dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/dadi11/twrp_devices

Version Information

Created 2016-02-06
    Last Updated 2017-01-27
    Unfortunately, 1/27 build is not working at all (bootloop). So this is the end. Thanks for your hard work.

1/26 build works fine here.

here's the local_manifest I used to compile twrp on omnirom 5.1 source - https://github.com/dadi11/local_manifests/blob/twrp/roomservice.xml
    if someone want to continue the work ;)

Goodbye G3 users, after a long time..
    Changelog

3.0.2-0
    -fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in twrp.
    -add greek translation to some builds.
    3.0.1-0
    -support new cm 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    -fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    -libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    -fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    -twrp will now detect and install twrp themes automatically through the normal zip install process (dees_troy)
    -translation updates – added italian, czech and polish and significant updates to dutch
    -progress bar improvements – progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (dees_troy)
    -fix input box text display (dees_troy)
    -reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    -other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

3.0.0-0
    -completely new theme - much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    -true terminal emulator - includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    -language translation - it won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like chinese & japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to omnirom’s gerrit. (mostly by dees_troy)
    -flashing of sparse images - on select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the twrp gui (by hashbang173)
    -adopted storage support for select devices - twrp can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from marshmallow
    -reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with aosp - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by dees_troy)
    -supersu prompt will no longer display if a marshmallow rom is installed
    -update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    -update aosp base to 6.0
    -a huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
    new builds are available, included android-7.0 commits and support :)
    Sorry for the noob question , but what it means bumped ? i have never understand what it's exactly means :rolleyes:
    Bumped in LG terms mean that an image/ROM/recovery has a signature key embedded to ensure that it will install on locked bootloader devices like the LG G3.