[RECOVERY] [G3] [F2FS] TWRP 2.8.7.0 touch recovery [06/22]

Search This thread

deegore

Oct 2, 2013
Do I need to downgrade to kitKat before flashing this?
D85021r stock rooted lolipop.
I just want to do a nandroid and install xposed.

cydia_Droid

Apr 21, 2015
algiers
Google Pixel 3a XL
Okay, so....error 1003.
I get this on boot, and sometimes it causes my phone to freeze and the screen to flash, with errant lines and weird coloration. I can boot into recovery and into the normal function just fine, except that whenever I start my phone normally everything on the right side of the screen is shifted down a few pixels. This is fixed every time after I shut my screen off by hitting the power button, but nevertheless it happens every standard boot.

What should I do exactly to fix this, since it has no impact on function aside from the occasional boot freeze and the pixel shift I mentioned?

i have the same thing but the pixel shift didn't happen to me (yet) any solution ?

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Okay, so....error 1003.
I get this on boot, and sometimes it causes my phone to freeze and the screen to flash, with errant lines and weird coloration. I can boot into recovery and into the normal function just fine, except that whenever I start my phone normally everything on the right side of the screen is shifted down a few pixels. This is fixed every time after I shut my screen off by hitting the power button, but nevertheless it happens every standard boot.

What should I do exactly to fix this, since it has no impact on function aside from the occasional boot freeze and the pixel shift I mentioned?

i have the same thing but the pixel shift didn't happen to me (yet) any solution ?
Fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.8.7.0 for LG G3
    D850 / D851 / D852 / D855 / LS990 / VS985

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    Phone look:
    IJnMXhJ.png
    mygQ6Ud.png

Tablet look:
    o3tyuvg.png

y5dT0b0.png
    CHANGELOG for 2.8.7.0:

-Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    -Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    -Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    -Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    -Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    -Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    -Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    -Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

Features
    * Bumped
    * F2FS Filesystem Support
    * Double Tap to Wake
    * Modem Backup Support

Requirements
    - Root

Installation Instructions:
    A. With custom recovery already installed:
    1. Download
    2. Install TWRP in recovery
    3. Reboot recovery

B. With stock recovery (Need ADB):
    1. Download & extract zip
    2. Move recovery.img to internal storage.
    3. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery
    You should be in your updated recovery now

Downloads:
    AndroidFileHost | BasketBuild

Warning
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device!

Credits
    @Dees_Troy & TeamWin - for TWRP touch recovery
    @thecubed & Team CodeFire - for Bump!

Sources
    https://github.com/777jon
    https://github.com/omnirom

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery 2.8.7.0, Tool/Utility for the LG G3

Contributors
    777jon, Dees_Troy

Version Information

Created 2015-02-12
    Last Updated 2015-06-23
    FAQ:

Can I install via Flashify?
    Yes, extract the recovery.img from the zip file and use Flashify to flash it.

How do I enter recovery mode?
    http://youtu.be/ifi-ArGeTzQ

Change Log
    Code:
    06/22/15 (TWRP 2.8.7.0)
    - TWRP 2.8.7.0 release

03/26/15 (TWRP 2.8.6.1)
    - TWRP 2.8.6.0 release

03/01/15 (TWRP 2.8.5.1)
    - F2FS Filesystem Support
    - Double Tap to Wake

02/12/15 (TWRP 2.8.5.0)
    - TWRP 2.8.5.0 release

01/13/15 (TWRP 2.8.4.0)
    - TWRP 2.8.4.0 release

12/22/14 (TWRP 2.8.3.0)
    - TWRP 2.8.3.0 release

12/09/14 (TWRP 2.8.2.0)
    - Support Modem Backup
    - Display "External SD" instead of "external_sd"

12/08/14 (TWRP 2.8.2.0)
    - Initial release
    - TWRP 2.8.2.0
    TWRP 2.8.6.1 is up!

CHANGELOG for 2.8.6.0:

-Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
    -Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    -Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    -Keyboard improvements (_that)
    -Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    -Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    -Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    -Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    -Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    -Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    -Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    -Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)
    New TWRP builds are up!

CHANGELOG for 2.8.7.0:

-Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    -Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    -Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    -Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    -Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    -Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    -Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    -Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.
    TWRP 2.8.5.1
    * F2FS Filesystem Support
    * Double Tap to Wake