[RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

buckshotfacelift

Aug 27, 2010
I give up. I've tried everything. This method didn't work and every other method I've tried doesn't work either. I did the MAY 7th OTA and am stuck.

When I try this method and anything else that uses ODIN I get a FAIL in ODIN.

I. Give. Up.

My phone is unrootable I guess. :(

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012

c627627

Sep 13, 2011
I. Give. Up.

My phone is unrootable I guess. :(

It should be almost mandatory to mention if you tried the original S4 USB cable that came with your phone + different USB port on your computer. I don't know why even original Samsung cables from old Galaxy phones appear to connect the S4 but do not work when trying to execute what we are talking about. That's what happened to me.

naive1016

Sep 8, 2010
I made 2 backups one stock n another the wicked rom. How do I delete or change the name for them. I want to delete the wicked rom backup which will be the newest backup. Would it be the one on the top or the second backup?

naive1016

Sep 8, 2010
Plug it into the computer. Find the backup file. Change the name like any other folder.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see it in the computer. I looked in the clockworkmod folder and don't see a backup folder. The backups were big too, at least a gig or 2. That's why I wanted to know which backup would be the newest top or bottom because I can just delete it from recovery.

blakeslee14

Jun 18, 2013
If they don't show up there you can even try from root explorer on your phone. I attached a picture to show you where mine are saved.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373848910726.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373848910726.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 149

naive1016

Sep 8, 2010
If they don't show up there you can even try from root explorer on your phone. I attached a picture to show you where mine are saved.

Nope still not there. I backed mine up in internal sd not sure that matters. At least now I kind of know my stock rom is the first/top backup.

blakeslee14

Jun 18, 2013
I would run a test backup on the external SD card. When I just did on the internal one I was getting similar results as you.

timetraveler

Jan 27, 2009
I just restored my phone it went through the process but didn't do any, also can't see the backup in file manager as well but the recovery it's there. My sdcard is completely full because of the backup.

what version of windows do you have xp no go for me had to use w7

buckshotfacelift

Aug 27, 2010
Follow this step by step guide.
If I could do it, anyone can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fi1tYaoP0U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Wicked SGH-M919

Well I went to that guide and it said it won't work with the T-Mobile UVUAMDL firmware, which is what I have, so it directs me to http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-root/t-mobile-uvuamdl-firmware-update-root-fix/ which says "After using ODIN to flash CWM or TWRP, boot into CWM or TWRP recovery and flash this stock kernel:" I'm a bit rusty, so I click on the CWM and TWRP links to get a refresher on how to do that and it directs me back to the original method that won't work on the UVUAMDL firmware, which is what I have.

:confused:

EDIT:

I did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZd71DWqEo

And it worked like a charm, but I wouldn't have found it without you guys. Thanks y'all!

Last edited:

jayceebee23

Sep 22, 2007
Any fix for the date bug?

I too seem to have this bug. The ODIN process worked in my M919 so I was able to root my GS4. However when I took a nandroid backup, the current date is not being used as the folder name. Imagine my confusion when trying to search for the latest in 3 different backups.

azn6929

May 14, 2009
Orange County, CA
Hi guys,

I followed all the steps above, both on Odin 1.85 and 3.07.
Odin completed. Then Auto Reboot. Everything went smooth.

I rebooted in Recovery Mode. It still shows stock OEM recovery :confused: Custom recovery didn't stick :confused:

What went wrong ? Can you guys help me ? Thanks in advance.

psak

Oct 13, 2010
Hi guys,

I followed all the steps above, both on Odin 1.85 and 3.07.
Odin completed. Then Auto Reboot. Everything went smooth.

I rebooted in Recovery Mode. It still shows stock OEM recovery :confused: Custom recovery didn't stick :confused:

What went wrong ? Can you guys help me ? Thanks in advance.

Running into the same situation, could anyone help me(newbie) out, thank you in advance!!

j111

Sep 17, 2013
Odin completed. Then Auto Reboot. Everything went smooth. I rebooted in Recovery Mode. It still shows stock OEM recovery :confused: Custom recovery didn't stick :confused:

Running into the same situation, could anyone help me(newbie) out, thank you in advance!!

@azn6929 @psak There are two ways I think you can try to address this:

* Un-check the "auto-reboot" checkbox in Odin, when done flashing the recovery, power the phone down and pull the battery.

OR

* (Leave "auto-reboot" checked) After Odin is done flashing, be ready for the phone to reboot -- when it does, hold down home and volume up so that it reboots directly into recovery.

I personally did the second option, and I rebooted a couple more times into recovery just to be safe.

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.1.tar

here is an updated version with improved graphics and altered fstab in hopes of fixing the odd backup siutation

should you miss the rainbow just keep scrolling ;)

Hi there!
I have recently seen mentions of a 1.0.3.4 and even a mention of 1.0.3.5 for the galaxy s4 from t-mobile.
I have spent HOURS trying to locate a download for it, and have not been successful.

Is there a place we can see all the different flavors, and download whichever we want?

Or, is the stuff I saw bogus? What is the latest version available for the T-MOBILE GS4?

Thanks for a superb product we rooted users can all use!

Aloha Ke Akua!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Shabbypenguin, k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
    OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 for T-Mo GS4
    Shabbypenguin did all of the work required for this - have you fed your devs today?

Read the whole post before continuing!

Hey look, a fully-working recovery! This is an official release of OUDHSR for jftletmo and is unique to this device. Other carriers' devices have their own builds. In large part, this is like other CWM builds you're used to... but with some unique features to come - and of course, touch support (as of 1.0.3.2) I was asked by Shabbypenguin to release this for our device. Thank him for it, not me!

Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Instructions

1. Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
    2. Download the recovery TAR - see section below.
    3. Extract the contents of odin-307.zip. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    4. Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
      • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
      • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
      • Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
    5. Put your device into Download Mode:
      • Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
      • Hold Volume Down + Power.
    6. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
    7. Click Start in Odin.
    8. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

That's it! Your device will autoreboot.

FAQ

Q: How do I get into recovery?
    A: Power off, and hold Volume Up + Power until you see blue "Recovery booting" text in the corner. Let go when you do, or it might reboot again.

Q: Can I flash this on another US GS4 variant?
    A: That's a bad idea. This contains asserts specific to the T-Mo GS4, and ROMs that check to make sure you're flashing on the right device will fail. Besides, you have a version for your device, check its forum.

Q: Did you steal touch from TWRP?
    A: No.

Q: I liked the funky text! Can I reenable it?
    A: Try rotating your device a bunch of times.

Q: Will this add a triangle to my boot screen?
    A: Probably not. We haven't seen one. If it does, oh well, see disclaimer above.

Q: Dafuq are these colors?!
    A: What, you don't like the funk?

Q: I'm colorblind you royal assh0le!
    A: I'm... genuinely sorry if this is unreadable to anyone, colorblind or otherwise.

Q: So you're going to release a normal-colored one?
    A: Now, I didn't say that... But official CWM is due rather soon.

Q: How about root?
    A: Sure. Use Chainfire's SuperSU 1.25+. Put it on your device, reboot to recovery, and flash it. Easy.

Downloads​

Source​

Credits:

• Shabbypenguin: for being made of 99.99% pure awesome, or liquid metal (but seriously he did this, not me)
    • Garawynn: assistance in setting up jftle-common items
    • mattlgroff: testing of pre-final build
    • Cyanogen (Steve Kondik): fixes to jflte-common tree
    • Koush and the entire CyanogenMod project: CWM itself

Donations

This is not, and will never be donationware. However, bandwidth and time isn't free. :) The donation button below leads to Shabbypenguin. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is highly appreciated! Thank you!

ermahgerd dats me!
    P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0! Follow Shabby on Twitter @Shabbypenguin!
    Join the OUDHS and I on IRC at irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad, or via the webchat link in my signature.
    Gestures...... Sweet!
    Any shot on making a future version compatible with a 64gb SD?

Thanks again.

twrp is being pushed out right now for yall and supports exfat. this is the first time im having to deal with it and our teams recovery is still new (like forked it a month ago kind of stuff)

ive been talking it over with dees_troy and he told me how to fix it for the sgs4
    www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.1.tar

here is an updated version with improved graphics and altered fstab in hopes of fixing the odd backup siutation

should you miss the rainbow just keep scrolling ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone