[RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
[RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Shabbypenguin, k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 for T-Mo GS4
Shabbypenguin did all of the work required for this - have you fed your devs today?

Read the whole post before continuing!

Hey look, a fully-working recovery! This is an official release of OUDHSR for jftletmo and is unique to this device. Other carriers' devices have their own builds. In large part, this is like other CWM builds you're used to... but with some unique features to come - and of course, touch support (as of 1.0.3.2) I was asked by Shabbypenguin to release this for our device. Thank him for it, not me!

Code:
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Instructions

1. Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
  2. Download the recovery TAR - see section below.
  3. Extract the contents of odin-307.zip. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
  4. Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
    • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
    • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
    • Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
  5. Put your device into Download Mode:
    • Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
    • Hold Volume Down + Power.
  6. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
  7. Click Start in Odin.
  8. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

That's it! Your device will autoreboot.

FAQ

Q: How do I get into recovery?
A: Power off, and hold Volume Up + Power until you see blue "Recovery booting" text in the corner. Let go when you do, or it might reboot again.

Q: Can I flash this on another US GS4 variant?
A: That's a bad idea. This contains asserts specific to the T-Mo GS4, and ROMs that check to make sure you're flashing on the right device will fail. Besides, you have a version for your device, check its forum.

Q: Did you steal touch from TWRP?
A: No.

Q: I liked the funky text! Can I reenable it?
A: Try rotating your device a bunch of times.

Q: Will this add a triangle to my boot screen?
A: Probably not. We haven't seen one. If it does, oh well, see disclaimer above.

Q: Dafuq are these colors?!
A: What, you don't like the funk?

Q: I'm colorblind you royal assh0le!
A: I'm... genuinely sorry if this is unreadable to anyone, colorblind or otherwise.

Q: So you're going to release a normal-colored one?
A: Now, I didn't say that... But official CWM is due rather soon.

Q: How about root?
A: Sure. Use Chainfire's SuperSU 1.25+. Put it on your device, reboot to recovery, and flash it. Easy.

Downloads​

Source​

Credits:

• Shabbypenguin: for being made of 99.99% pure awesome, or liquid metal (but seriously he did this, not me)
  • Garawynn: assistance in setting up jftle-common items
  • mattlgroff: testing of pre-final build
  • Cyanogen (Steve Kondik): fixes to jflte-common tree
  • Koush and the entire CyanogenMod project: CWM itself

Donations

This is not, and will never be donationware. However, bandwidth and time isn't free. :) The donation button below leads to Shabbypenguin. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is highly appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:

k0nane

Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0! Follow Shabby on Twitter @Shabbypenguin!
Join the OUDHS and I on IRC at irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad, or via the webchat link in my signature.

Last edited:

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Though I Bricked, LOL

I'm such a lame sometimes and this is a heads up to anyone else who might goof up like this.

I followed instructions per OP, put phone into download mode, or so I thought. I turned my device off, held the power& vol down button but did not hit the vol-up button to fully go into download mode.

Then I ran Odin and it said failed. When I tried to restart the device - I had a yellow triangle symbol with a firmware error message. I panicked for a moment :confused:, then tried to get into download mode again and did it right this time, flashed recovery, all good :good:. The font is kind of crazy colorful, but thank god I didn't botch it up too bad.

Just an FYI in case someone else get's that firmware error message, only a soft brick so far.

Edit - attached picture of recovery and that zany font, lol.

Attachments

• P1000860.jpg
    P1000860.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 2,283

k0nane

Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
The font is kind of crazy colorful, but thank god I didn't botch it up too bad.
The font is intentionally colorful. As for Odin errors... well, Samsung stock USB cables and all. Any former GS1 series owners will know what I mean. (It's more likely to be a bad download now.)

Awesome! You and shabby make me feel like I'm back on sprint again lol. Good thing since both of you rock but man did sprint suck.
I remember you.

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
Awesome! You and shabby make me feel like I'm back on sprint again lol. Good thing since both of you rock but man did sprint suck.

id rather forget i was ever on sprint......the e4gt was a great phone. just crappy service
now we just need some awesome roms to flash with this awesome recovery and its the perfect phone

doomx101

Sep 26, 2010
Tampa
Worked! I love this and how quick everything is going compared to many other phone experiences I had. I have a harder time tying then having the device rooted and recovery. Not sure how someone could brick their device doing this.

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
i cant seem to get odin to see my phone.

when i have the phone on and useable, if i open odin, i see that it find it on COM3

when i reboot, then press power + vol up, i get it into download mode (is it normal that the android has a red triangle above it?) and open odin again, it doesnt see it.

i have usb debugging enabled.

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
i cant seem to get odin to see my phone.

when i have the phone on and useable, if i open odin, i see that it find it on COM3

when i reboot, then press power + vol up, i get it into download mode (is it normal that the android has a red triangle above it?) and open odin again, it doesnt see it.

i have usb debugging enabled.

That wasnt download mode...
Do this to go to it
Code:
adb reboot download

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

cbetso

Jul 13, 2008
Any chance to get the recovery to download back up to sdcard. Kind of short on memory since we only get 9gb of phone storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Shabbypenguin, k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
    OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 for T-Mo GS4
    Shabbypenguin did all of the work required for this - have you fed your devs today?

Read the whole post before continuing!

Hey look, a fully-working recovery! This is an official release of OUDHSR for jftletmo and is unique to this device. Other carriers' devices have their own builds. In large part, this is like other CWM builds you're used to... but with some unique features to come - and of course, touch support (as of 1.0.3.2) I was asked by Shabbypenguin to release this for our device. Thank him for it, not me!

Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Instructions

1. Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
    2. Download the recovery TAR - see section below.
    3. Extract the contents of odin-307.zip. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    4. Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
      • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
      • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
      • Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
    5. Put your device into Download Mode:
      • Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
      • Hold Volume Down + Power.
    6. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
    7. Click Start in Odin.
    8. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

That's it! Your device will autoreboot.

FAQ

Q: How do I get into recovery?
    A: Power off, and hold Volume Up + Power until you see blue "Recovery booting" text in the corner. Let go when you do, or it might reboot again.

Q: Can I flash this on another US GS4 variant?
    A: That's a bad idea. This contains asserts specific to the T-Mo GS4, and ROMs that check to make sure you're flashing on the right device will fail. Besides, you have a version for your device, check its forum.

Q: Did you steal touch from TWRP?
    A: No.

Q: I liked the funky text! Can I reenable it?
    A: Try rotating your device a bunch of times.

Q: Will this add a triangle to my boot screen?
    A: Probably not. We haven't seen one. If it does, oh well, see disclaimer above.

Q: Dafuq are these colors?!
    A: What, you don't like the funk?

Q: I'm colorblind you royal assh0le!
    A: I'm... genuinely sorry if this is unreadable to anyone, colorblind or otherwise.

Q: So you're going to release a normal-colored one?
    A: Now, I didn't say that... But official CWM is due rather soon.

Q: How about root?
    A: Sure. Use Chainfire's SuperSU 1.25+. Put it on your device, reboot to recovery, and flash it. Easy.

Downloads​

Source​

Credits:

• Shabbypenguin: for being made of 99.99% pure awesome, or liquid metal (but seriously he did this, not me)
    • Garawynn: assistance in setting up jftle-common items
    • mattlgroff: testing of pre-final build
    • Cyanogen (Steve Kondik): fixes to jflte-common tree
    • Koush and the entire CyanogenMod project: CWM itself

Donations

This is not, and will never be donationware. However, bandwidth and time isn't free. :) The donation button below leads to Shabbypenguin. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is highly appreciated! Thank you!

ermahgerd dats me!
    P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0! Follow Shabby on Twitter @Shabbypenguin!
    Join the OUDHS and I on IRC at irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad, or via the webchat link in my signature.
    Gestures...... Sweet!
    Any shot on making a future version compatible with a 64gb SD?

Thanks again.

twrp is being pushed out right now for yall and supports exfat. this is the first time im having to deal with it and our teams recovery is still new (like forked it a month ago kind of stuff)

ive been talking it over with dees_troy and he told me how to fix it for the sgs4
    www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.1.tar

here is an updated version with improved graphics and altered fstab in hopes of fixing the odd backup siutation

should you miss the rainbow just keep scrolling ;)