[RECOVERY][grus] KudProject's Unofficial TWRP 3.5.2_9-1 [16-05-2021]

Search This thread

Skip1012

Mar 30, 2015
No Password???

Hey Guys! I´m using 3.3.1-3 with a MI 9 SE and my folders are encryted. To be honest I don´t know why!?
The problem is that TWRP never asked me for an password so I can´t type the password in.
I know my password but TWRP don´t ask me for one!?
Maybe you have an idea what to do except deleting data?
I can´t do a backup first as I got the error "Can not create ´/data/media/0/TWRP´folder (Required key not available)."
Where should be this key placed?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

krasCGQ

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Hey Guys! I´m using 3.3.1-3 with a MI 9 SE and my folders are encryted. To be honest I don´t know why!?
The problem is that TWRP never asked me for an password so I can´t type the password in.
I know my password but TWRP don´t ask me for one!?
Maybe you have an idea what to do except deleting data?
I can´t do a backup first as I got the error "Can not create ´/data/media/0/TWRP´folder (Required key not available)."
Where should be this key placed?
Thanks in advance!
Running on which ROM?

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Sebbo06

Jul 3, 2014
Running on which ROM?

I had the same problem on xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_V11.0.5.0.PFBCNXM_v11-9.
After flashing recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-1018-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150 the problem was gone.
I could enter the password and folders were decrypted.
Before that my folders were encrypted and I had no access to send files to the phone.

Fixing this would be nice. Your twrp is multilanguage and has the simple stock twrp theme.
For me the best choice, if this is fixed.

Reactions: Skip1012

Skip1012

Mar 30, 2015
Are you on Android Q? If you are, use this recovery instead https://github.com/redispade/device_xiaomi_grus-twrp/releases/tag/twrp-3.3.1-11-Mi9SE
Also, you should remove PIN/Password before making a backup.

Great that helps! Yes I was on Android Q, exactly MIUI 11.1 xiaomi.eu 9.10.17 and changing to TWRP 3.3.1-11 helps, there I could type my password and all is free again.
Thank you all so much for this fast solution! Great job guys. :good:

Just I think left, with "remove PIN/Password before making a backup" you mean this workflow https://www.howtogeek.com/240657/how-to-fix-pin-errors-after-restoring-from-twrp-android-backups/ ?
Cheers

krasCGQ

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I had the same problem on xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_V11.0.5.0.PFBCNXM_v11-9.
After flashing recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-1018-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150 the problem was gone.
I could enter the password and folders were decrypted.
Before that my folders were encrypted and I had no access to send files to the phone.

Fixing this would be nice. Your twrp is multilanguage and has the simple stock twrp theme.
For me the best choice, if this is fixed.
Send recovery log.

Sebbo06

Jul 3, 2014
Send recovery log.

I flashed twrp-3.3.1-3-grus-20190802 without having set a password in MIUI again.
After that I reboot to system, set the password and now the password will be asked in receovery to decrypt the partition.
For me it works now.

Maybe it is important to set the password after flashing this twrp first.
By the way, is this twrp compatible to android 10?

Last edited:

mmiyahki

Jun 2, 2016
Melbourne
Hello everyone. My twrp was gone after updating to miui 11 along with magisk. My phones IMEI is repaired so not original. If i want to install twrp again, will the IMEI be deleted or not. Im not gonna do any recovery/format just wanna use some modules.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

iNordap

Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone. My twrp was gone after updating to miui 11 along with magisk. My phones IMEI is repaired so not original. If i want to install twrp again, will the IMEI be deleted or not. Im not gonna do any recovery/format just wanna use some modules.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Did you reinstall TWRP after the upgrade to MIUI 11?

Kreisky-7

Jan 1, 2020
Did you reinstall TWRP after the upgrade to MIUI 11?

Hello, I've a new Mi 9SE EU with MIUi 11 and I've installed an other version of TWRP , it was was working... but when I tried to do a Nandroid backup I got an error. So I've done a clean reset of MIUI 11 (from MIUI) and TWRP was gone. I've then installed Unofficial TWRP 3.3.1-3, I flashed Magisk 20.1 and it works but I got always the error when I try to do a Nandroid back-up: createTarFork() ERROR: 255.
I've googled this error and I've found it depends from multi users... I didn't understand if it is because the "clone app" fonction in MIUI, I also have two SIM cards.
Does anyone know if it is possible to backup MIUI 11 form TWRP before trying a custom ROM ?
These are my selection in Backup:
Boot - ON
Cache - OFF
Recovery - OFF
System Image - ON
Vendor Image - ON
Data - ON
Modem - ON
EFS - ON
picture.php

Happy new year :)

Last edited:

taxik

Jan 8, 2013
Hello, I've a new Mi 9SE EU with MIUi 11 and I've installed an other version of TWRP , it was was working... but when I tried to do a Nandroid backup I got an error. So I've done a clean reset of MIUI 11 (from MIUI) and TWRP was gone. I've then installed Unofficial TWRP 3.3.1-3, I flashed Magisk 20.1 and it works but I got always the error when I try to do a Nandroid back-up: createTarFork() ERROR: 255.
I've googled this error and I've found it depends from multi users... I didn't understand if it is because the "clone app" fonction in MIUI, I also have two SIM cards.
Does anyone know if it is possible to backup MIUI 11 form TWRP before trying a custom ROM ?
These are my selection in Backup:
Boot - ON
Cache - OFF
Recovery - OFF
System Image - ON
Vendor Image - ON
Data - ON
Modem - ON
EFS - ON
picture.php

Happy new year :)
hey man i just wanted to create BACKUP and i have same error. Did you solve it somehow? thanks !

Last edited:

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
hey man i just wanted to create BACKUP and i have same error. Did you solve it somehow? thanks !

...no, there are many thread in the net about that error, also here in XDA... but I've found that some guys had this problem to restore a back-up. I'm not so skilled :rolleyes: so my "scare" is to do a back-up and then have this error if I need to restore it.

kerisky

Jun 10, 2015
Ok, I've removed 999 user with Terminal emulator from Playstore, then I have done a Backup with TWRP and it works. I've also restored the backup and it works :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: taxik
Feb 24, 2018
Is it recommended to flash stock vbmeta?

If I only flash the recovery img file, is that fine? Or I have to flash the vbmeta too?

taxik

Jan 8, 2013
Please can somebody help me fast? :/ I am unable to restore backup - it says extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255 :((

//i gave up, restored older backup and started from scratch

Last edited:

punkrockfan

Aug 23, 2012
hello guys

do i need to unlock the bootloader if i just want to have the twrp for root?

or does it fit just to fastboot twrp way and then use magisk inside twrp for root status?

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is basically a tl;dr thread.
    I don't want to make a thread that everyone will lazy to read.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty might not be void (thanks Xiaomi). However...
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this RECOVERY
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements
    • Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (of course)
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Some knowledge on how to deal with your device... and patience.

Flashing Instructions
    I assume you've done (very) basic steps on preparing to flash your device.
    1. Reboot device to bootloader. If device is powered off, press and hold Power + Volume Down button until tinkering Mi Bunny with "FASTBOOT" text appears.
    2. Optional: Flash stock vbmeta with the following command (attached if needed):
      Code:
      fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    3. Under same directory as TWRP image and ADB/Fastboot executables (if ever required), type this command:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.x.x-y-KudProject-grus.img
      Where x and y are version of TWRP you're going to flash.
    4. IMPORTANT: After flashing, immediately press and hold Power + Volume Up for about 10 seconds to reboot to recovery.
    5. Swipe the option to allow modifications. This will prevent stock ROM from replacing recovery, however be aware that you might need to reflash stock vbmeta with disabled verity after that to be able to boot stock ROM!

Downloads
    Webserver | MEGA
    Old releases only: OSDN | AndroidFileHost

Known Issues
    • /dev/null

Special Thanks
    • Dees_Troy and everyone behind TWRP
    • Everyone on Mi 9 SE community

Device Sources
    Changelogs
    twrp-3.5.2_9-1-KudProject-grus
    • Merged TWRP source changes up to 25 April 2021 (UTC+8)
    • Updated kernel to MoeSyndrome kernel based on Android 10
    • Mount firmware partition as read-only
    • Added support for formatting Cust partition in GUI

twrp-3.4.0-0-KudProject-grus
    • Merged TWRP source changes up to 22 June 2020 (UTC+8)
    • Supports decryption of userdata on Android 10-based MIUI and custom ROMs using Android 10 crypto blobs (might not be backwards compatible)
    • Restored system and vendor (non-image) backup support
    • Added support for backing up persist (and the image)
    • Build some blobs from source
    • Updated remaining blobs from V11.0.2.0.QFBEUXM
    • Updated prebuilt kernel to latest Pie

twrp-3.3.1-3-grus-20190802
    • Switched to source-built kernel
    • Updated blobs from MIUI China developer 9.7.4
    • Added support for F2FS in kernel (tell me if decryption breaks on this file system though)
    • Added persist into fstab
    • Added vendor-side touch firmware
    • Get CPU temperature from proper thermal zone
    • Disabled vbmeta checks
    • Only allow image backups for system and vendor
    • Symlinked /system to /system_root/system for backward compatibility
    • Misc stuffs
    • TWRP and f2fs-tools upstream changes

twrp-3.3.1-2-grus-20190609
    • Fixed wrong USB-OTG mount point

twrp-3.3.1-1-grus-20190603
    • Updated prebuilt kernel and DTBO from MIUI China developer 9.5.30
    • Corrected vendor image flashing
    • Support for wiping /vendor
    • Support for flashing and backup up (as part of boot) DTBO
    • Defined TW_SCREEN_BLANK_ON_BOOT
    • (Properly) excluded TWRP app
    • Included private recovery configuration

twrp-3.3.1-0-grus-20190531
    • Initial build.
    Notes
    • Don't use fastboot boot to boot the recovery; it'll proceed to boot system instead using recovery's kernel. If this happens with your current kernel's boot image security patch being older than recovery one, you're basically busted as FBE keys are upgraded the time newer combination of system + vendor + boot image security patches are detected.
      If you're out of luck in this situation, the only way to resolve is to format data (just backup your data to somewhere safe before doing so).
    • If you flash disabled vbmeta, you can't flash stock MIUI zips until the original vbmeta is restored.
    3.4.0-0 is now available. Changelog is on 2nd post and two latest links are no longer updated.

Enjoy.
    Thanks for the work! Great seeing you here after ZenFone 2 and Redmi Note 4. Hopefully a KudKernel will be in the works(if not already).
    Kinda off-topic, but well rebasing over CAF is a tough job...

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using XDA Labs