[UPDATED][RECOVERY] [gta4lwifi] [SM-T500] Sky Hawk Recovery Project 3.1 [06-24-2022]

Search This thread
shrp3_banner_xda.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

about_shrp2.png

SHRP is inspired by Material design 2 to bring the newest design to the native TWRP. SHRP provides much more along side of it's rich UI experience. New dashboard makes it very easy to interact with TWRP. SHRP got some cool features like Whole new theming section ,Flash Magisk (root or unroot), Camera2api enabler Directly from dashboard, Password protection etc. It's all started , lot more to come.

features_shrp2.png

- Themes
- Status bar customization
- New rounded icons added on dashboard
- Notch mode with toggle to disable
- Dark mode or pure white, it's on you
- Navigation bar customization
- Settings + Advanced Settings
- Flash Magisk
- Clear fingerprints
- Recovery Locking , Pin or Pattern lock
- Hal3 / CameraAPI2 enabling/disabling
- Oreo+ Reboot menu style
- Redesigned lock screen interface
- Flashlight
- Magisk manager - Enable, disable or delete magisk modules right from SHRP
- Text Editor
- Custom Themes
- Theme, Lock, Addon survival
- Some OTA functionalities
- SHRP Injection (A/B)
- Magisk injection
- Auto decrypt
- and many more, flash right now to find out

instruction_shrp.png

1. Make sure you have a custom recovery installed
2. Download the latest SHRP recovery for your device
3. Boot into recovery
4. Flash shrp recovery zip
5. Reboot to recovery.
6. Done

bugs_shrp.png

You tell... :p

DOWNLOAD NOW

links_shrp.png

Github
Website
ScreenShots
Telegram Group

credits_shrp.png

EpicX
DNI9
Giovix92
TeamWin
osmOsis
VR25
Topjohnwu
Mauronofrio
DarthJabba9
steadfasterX
GeopJr
oddlyspaced
Corsicanu
Zackptg5
Jcadduono
Henloboi
TechyMinati
BRock
Aswin(dotA)
Special Thanks
Pritish
Kirill
Burak D.
ZJRDroid
LayeardDevMod
Olek & Oliwier
LeChenOS
TipzTeam
And all the developers whoever contributed to TWRP & SHRP
Please inform if we forgot to mention your name here , thanks !

Maintainer: ragarcia87
Based On: TWRP
TWRP Version: 3.6.0_11
Device Tree: https://github.com/juic3b0x/shrp_android_device_samsung_gta4lwifi

Screenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-40.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-36.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-43.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-29-52.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-29-43.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-23-18-11.pngScreenshot_2022-01-07-00-06-34.pngScreenshot_2022-01-07-00-06-43.png

Attachments

• recovery.tar
    55.4 MB · Views: 236
  • SHRP_v3.1_stable-Unofficial_gta4lwifi-1643511798.zip
    52.9 MB · Views: 171
  • recovery.img
    55.4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Reactions: JaneValley
Bugs:
  • Camera Api2 Tweak not working
Changelog 01-07-2022:
  • Fastboot mode works
  • Fixed theme system
Changelog 01-29-2022:

To Install:
  • Flash SHRP_v3.1_stable-Unofficial_gta4lwifi-1641534799.zip in TWRP or
  • Flash recovery.img using fastboot or
  • Flash .tar via Odin

To boot into fastboot mode make sure you're booted into SHRP then
Code:
adb reboot fastboot

Last edited:
Reactions: myballgotkicked
Can you please provide me the recovery.log file? I'll look into it and see what the issue is. I haven't had a problem with flashing zips. Also, post the zip your are trying to flash and I'll try it on mine and see if I can recreate the error.
Sorry, I did not think about that file. I used TWRP instead. However, I think I tried to flash the GSI kernel after flashing LOS 18.1 (by AndyYan) through fastboot (with the guide by @paziusss ) and going to the recovery. As far as I know, flashing anything would cause a crash.
I have attached the GSI kernel below I was trying to flash below.

Attachments

• SM-T500-GSI-kernel.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 64
Sorry, I did not think about that file. I used TWRP instead. However, I think I tried to flash the GSI kernel after flashing LOS 18.1 (by AndyYan) through fastboot (with the guide by @paziusss ) and going to the recovery. As far as I know, flashing anything would cause a crash.
I have attached the GSI kernel below I was trying to flash below.
I've been able to flash that exact zip on mine. I've got it flashed using this recovery. Hm. I'll try it again and see if it crashes or not. Thanks for the report though btw.

No problem, if you won't be able to recreate it then I'm going to try that again. 😄
I'll let you know if I come to same error just a second.

//EDIT//

Seems that android 11 doesn't like the lazyflasher type update script and crashes the recovery... At least I think that's the reason...

Last edited:
Reactions: mystifuzz

I've got it recompiled, tested and it doesnt crash when I try to flash the GSI kernel zip you posted or any other tested zip. Still working on /data FBE decryption but so far it works on Google AOSP GSI rom... (I think) -- uploading new .img file -- shouldn't take long.

We should start porting some roms for the T500 and T505 and use this recovery

I've started trying to port this rom, however the issue comes with the certain proprietary blobs that are needed... My tree is good for recoveries based on TWRP but its far from a complete device tree for a ROM... I've been sticking to GSI roms... but might try my hand at porting again...

//EDIT//
The crash is fixed however the fix is actually making sure you're not plugged into computer via USB... seems MTP causes it to respond with resource busy and it crashes every time until unplugged from computer -- or its random... either way I've successfully flashed the GSI Kernel zip with no crashes... just report what happens I suppose lol...

//Another EDIT//
Fixed the issue, I think... last and final recompile then I'll let it sit...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-21-08-05-56.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-21-08-05-56.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2022-01-21-08-06-00.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-21-08-06-00.png
    145 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I've got it recompiled, tested and it doesnt crash when I try to flash the GSI kernel zip you posted or any other tested zip. Still working on /data FBE decryption but so far it works on Google AOSP GSI rom... (I think) -- uploading new .img file -- shouldn't take long.

I've started trying to port this rom, however the issue comes with the certain proprietary blobs that are needed... My tree is good for recoveries based on TWRP but its far from a complete device tree for a ROM... I've been sticking to GSI roms... but might try my hand at porting again...

//EDIT//
The crash is fixed however the fix is actually making sure you're not plugged into computer via USB... seems MTP causes it to respond with resource busy and it crashes every time until unplugged from computer -- or its random... either way I've successfully flashed the GSI Kernel zip with no crashes... just report what happens I suppose lol...

//Another EDIT//
I was trying to port some ROMs like Ubuntu Touch and

Renegade Project​

But no luck

Github page for the Renegade Project

smedlytonker

Feb 13, 2022
Thanks for all the work on this project. I have been struggling for the last few days trying to overcome the File Based Encryption and this is the first recovery software that has allowed me to do it.

The only problem that I have run into is backing up the Super partition to a SD card. I can back-up the Super partition to the internal storage, but not to a SD card. For a workaround I am backing up to internal storage and then moving the backup to the SD card.

When backing up to a SD card it gets 80% done backing up and then has a non-descriptive error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

smedlytonker

Feb 13, 2022
In the SkyHawk UI I can reboot into Android via the 'Reboot' button, but when using the command line (adb shell twrp reboot) I am unable to reboot into the Android OS. Here is the message I get back:
#twrp reboot
Reboot disabled. Returning back to main page.
Done processing script file

I'm trying to run an automated script which needs to boot into the O/S. I have also tried 'adb reboot' while in recovery and this just loops me back into recovery.

Any help with be appreciated - Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We should start porting some roms for the T500 and T505 and use this recovery

//EDIT//

//Another EDIT//
    shrp3_banner_xda.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

about_shrp2.png

SHRP is inspired by Material design 2 to bring the newest design to the native TWRP. SHRP provides much more along side of it's rich UI experience. New dashboard makes it very easy to interact with TWRP. SHRP got some cool features like Whole new theming section ,Flash Magisk (root or unroot), Camera2api enabler Directly from dashboard, Password protection etc. It's all started , lot more to come.

features_shrp2.png

- Themes
    - Status bar customization
    - New rounded icons added on dashboard
    - Notch mode with toggle to disable
    - Dark mode or pure white, it's on you
    - Navigation bar customization
    - Settings + Advanced Settings
    - Flash Magisk
    - Clear fingerprints
    - Recovery Locking , Pin or Pattern lock
    - Hal3 / CameraAPI2 enabling/disabling
    - Oreo+ Reboot menu style
    - Redesigned lock screen interface
    - Flashlight
    - Magisk manager - Enable, disable or delete magisk modules right from SHRP
    - Text Editor
    - Custom Themes
    - Theme, Lock, Addon survival
    - Some OTA functionalities
    - SHRP Injection (A/B)
    - Magisk injection
    - Auto decrypt
    - and many more, flash right now to find out

instruction_shrp.png

1. Make sure you have a custom recovery installed
    2. Download the latest SHRP recovery for your device
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Flash shrp recovery zip
    5. Reboot to recovery.
    6. Done

bugs_shrp.png

You tell... :p

DOWNLOAD NOW

links_shrp.png

Github
    Website
    ScreenShots
    Telegram Group

credits_shrp.png

EpicX
    DNI9
    Giovix92
    TeamWin
    osmOsis
    VR25
    Topjohnwu
    Mauronofrio
    DarthJabba9
    steadfasterX
    GeopJr
    oddlyspaced
    Corsicanu
    Zackptg5
    Jcadduono
    Henloboi
    TechyMinati
    BRock
    Aswin(dotA)
    Special Thanks
    Pritish
    Kirill
    Burak D.
    ZJRDroid
    LayeardDevMod
    Olek & Oliwier
    LeChenOS
    TipzTeam
    And all the developers whoever contributed to TWRP & SHRP
    Please inform if we forgot to mention your name here , thanks !

Maintainer: ragarcia87
    Based On: TWRP
    TWRP Version: 3.6.0_11
    Device Tree: https://github.com/juic3b0x/shrp_android_device_samsung_gta4lwifi

Screenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-40.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-36.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-28-43.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-29-52.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-22-29-43.pngScreenshot_2022-01-06-23-18-11.pngScreenshot_2022-01-07-00-06-34.pngScreenshot_2022-01-07-00-06-43.png
    Bugs:
    • Camera Api2 Tweak not working
    Changelog 01-07-2022:
    • Fastboot mode works
    • Fixed theme system
    Changelog 01-29-2022:

To Install:
    • Flash SHRP_v3.1_stable-Unofficial_gta4lwifi-1641534799.zip in TWRP or
    • Flash recovery.img using fastboot or
    • Flash .tar via Odin

To boot into fastboot mode make sure you're booted into SHRP then
    Code:
    adb reboot fastboot
    Data decryption works for me, nice!
    first of all i was on A11 and faced battery drain on official so i looked here and i tried the first one was success then boot loop

i recommend you to see this great instruction and do it exactly as per steps
    https://xdaforums.com/t/sm-t505-samsung-galaxy-tab-a7-lte-gsi-flashing-guide.4423297/

as my experience is chaos i cant say it in clear steps because there is alot of mistakes and many repeat . but that guide is clear try it

for this recovery i use the zip file flashed by twrp of that guide and then disabled encryption .

now i am on A12 crdroid 8.6 gsi by nazim this one only run on mine
    no A12L or A13 but the guide above will be updated soon .
    It's been updated, refer to post #1 in that thread for A13 GSIs!