[RECOVERY][HeroC]TWRP 2.2.2.0 touch recovery [2012-08-24]

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.2.0 compared to 2.2.0.0):
Mostly bugfixes:
Significantly improved sd-ext handling (ext partitions on sdcards)
Changes to kinetic scrolling in file selectors
Fixed a problem with using periods in backup names
Fixed problems in XML layouts with mounting system and USB storage
Fixed a problem with unmounting a partition before formatting during restore
Add Jelly Bean decrypt support
Updated 320x480 theme to match others (thanks to Llewelyn)
Improve "symlinking" of /data/media to either /sdcard or /emmc
Added sanitizing of device IDs for invalid characters (thanks to bigbiff)
Fixed free space calculation when switching backup devices on /data/media devices
Fixed a problem with using OpenRecoveryScript to create a backup without providing a backup name

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!
NOTE: If you're coming from another build of TWRP, you may need to go into settings and tap reset defaults to reset the storage paths so that you can see your zip files.

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
thank you for this, ill test asap

if anyone wants a flashable zip, lemme know. i already have it done

edit: works good. only thing is i was flashing a rom (attempting to anyway) and somehow my zip got corrupted and unreadable. never had that happen before. any thoughts? (it was fine when i put it on my sd card, was flashing a 2nd time, so zip had worked previously and all other files on my sd are fine)

Last edited:

dankdank11

May 30, 2010
thanks, always wanted a touch recovery and this one is great, if i could make a recovery touch it would be like this one again thanks

dankdank11

May 30, 2010
i have been using cw recovery all time and always wanted to have a touch screen recovery and this one is sick, my only thing i have found is when i go to restore a backup it cannot find it,(one from cwm recovert). is it that it just cant restore those or did i miss something? no big deal to me ,just wanted to put it out there.
again thanks for this

dankdank11

May 30, 2010
ok cool im trying to do differant things and ill update you either way
would you know off hand where twrp folder would be? im looking if i get it before a reply ill post it
i got it twrp folder

Last edited:

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
I am going to leave the automated GooManager install for the Hero on version 2.2.2.0 due to the age of the device and the problems with recovery API 3 and older zips. TWRP 2.3.0.0 does work fine on the HeroC but I'm willing to bet that most zips are using old update binaries that will not install on the new version. If anyone wants to try, you're welcome to download and flash the newer versions manually:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/heroc

cytherian

Oct 15, 2010
NJ
Google Pixel 5
Does TWRP require any particular hboot version, or will it function with any of them? I know you need to be on Android 2.3 in order to install TWRP, but I'm wondering... does it also mean that if you flash back to a stock ROM that TWRP won't work properly?

EDIT: My question was obviously stated with some knowledge missing. Recovery is obviously not dependent upon the ROM, as the ROM is loaded after the recovery program is done! But... I'm curious to know, if I made a nandroid backup with TWRP 2.2.2.0, will TWRP2 be able to restore it?

Last edited:

DizturbedOne

Nov 9, 2012
Sacramento
There has been a small oversight with the GooManager route of distribution and the original post for this particular phone. You must have a PC or have a phone that can flash .zips or has a 2.3 or up ROM installed so it can run GooManager, even though this phones last OTA was Android 2.1, so it probably should have a .zip posted instead.

For example, I have a stock but rooted HTC Hero from Sprint as my backup with the latest OTA. So I can't use this method of install for this recovery without flashing a different recovery first, and then either flashing it as a .zip or upgrading my ROM to a 2.2 or 2.3 based ROM. In reality, I think most will just stick with whatever recovery must be flashed first in this situation as I will, even though I wanted TWRP. That said I think most of the users that use this will just want a .zip.

But there is no .zip posted for the guys that can flash it. This also makes it an overly cumbersome option if the handset is in stock state. As I said, I probably won't bother re-flashing, I kind of like sticking to one recovery on a phone and prefer to do minimal NAND writes.

Last edited:

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
There has been a small oversight with the GooManager route of distribution and the original post for this particular phone. You must have a PC or have a phone that can flash .zips or has a 2.3 or up ROM installed so it can run GooManager, even though this phones last OTA was Android 2.1, so it probably should have a .zip posted instead.

That said I think most of the users that use this will just want a .zip.

But there is no .zip posted for the guys that can flash it. This also makes it an overly cumbersome option if the handset is in stock state. As I said, I probably won't bother re-flashing, I kind of like sticking to one recovery on a phone and prefer to do minimal NAND writes.

As stated a couple of posts before you:
I am going to leave the automated GooManager install for the Hero on version 2.2.2.0 due to the age of the device and the problems with recovery API 3 and older zips. TWRP 2.3.0.0 does work fine on the HeroC but I'm willing to bet that most zips are using old update binaries that will not install on the new version. If anyone wants to try, you're welcome to download and flash the newer versions manually:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/heroc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.2.0 compared to 2.2.0.0):
    Mostly bugfixes:
    Significantly improved sd-ext handling (ext partitions on sdcards)
    Changes to kinetic scrolling in file selectors
    Fixed a problem with using periods in backup names
    Fixed problems in XML layouts with mounting system and USB storage
    Fixed a problem with unmounting a partition before formatting during restore
    Add Jelly Bean decrypt support
    Updated 320x480 theme to match others (thanks to Llewelyn)
    Improve "symlinking" of /data/media to either /sdcard or /emmc
    Added sanitizing of device IDs for invalid characters (thanks to bigbiff)
    Fixed free space calculation when switching backup devices on /data/media devices
    Fixed a problem with using OpenRecoveryScript to create a backup without providing a backup name

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    NOTE: If you're coming from another build of TWRP, you may need to go into settings and tap reset defaults to reset the storage paths so that you can see your zip files.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Going to flash this now and give it a try. Hopefully it works out good. :)