[RECOVERY][Huawei P7-L10] TWRP 2.8.7.0 touch recovery [2015-07-19]

Search This thread

badboyforlife

May 18, 2008
no its not working >> no device found and revovery wont work its now the screen fastboot & rescue mode below u see phone unlocked

its the peanut

Jul 9, 2014
Delft
no its not working >> no device found and revovery wont work its now the screen fastboot & rescue mode below u see phone unlocked

First, every command with ADB in front is only available when the phone is turbed on and not in recovery and bootloader.

Second, in bootloader every command starts with FASTBOOT

As examble "Fastboot reboot" this wil reboot you phone, and maybe the command "fastboot reboot recovery" will not work, in this case reboot your phone and then type "adb reboot recovery"

Or just turn off your phone and hold down volume up and power button, and wait u till it boots into recovery. Dont panic when the phone shows a black screen adter the huawei logo, give it the time to boot.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
i'm using stock b621 with k-tuned kernel and with this recovery when you charge the phone tourned off instead of showing battery animation it automatically start in recovery...
with 2.8.6.0 no problem

maurolm

Aug 6, 2014
EDIT :
running fine! now I need to restore a back up I had saved in a USB drive but when I hit RESTORE next screen shows STORAGE just = INTERNAL STORAGE.
If I hit MOUNT , select USB OTG , hit MOUNT USB STORAGE on next screen there s just an UNMOUT button to go back . How can I RESTORE from the folder that is on the USB stick?? tks

maurolm

Aug 6, 2014
Copy the folder to internal memory

in file manager selected USB/ TWRP folder and copied it to /SDCARD/TWRP.
now in /SDCARD/TWRP I have:

1- BACKUPS folder
2- . twrps file
3- 4331525959 file

under 1- BACKUPS folder I have:
1.1- P7-L10 folder
1.2- 1280364273 file

under 1.1- P7-L10 folder I have:
1.1.1- 2015-09-12--04-14-20 P7-L00V100R001C1B126 folder
1.1.2- 2015-09-13-14.33.11 folder
1.1.3- 2024531811 file

where
1.1.1 = nandroid backup done with TWRP 2.8.1.0 after installing ROM b126
1.1.2= backup done with ROM MANAGER within last ROM b617

however, under RESTORE- with storage set to INTERNAL STORAGE -still nothing shows up under SELECT PACKAGE??

would prefer to restore to last ROM b617 , any suggestions?
tks in advance...

zaabolla

Aug 22, 2013
Tunis
in file manager selected USB/ TWRP folder and copied it to /SDCARD/TWRP.
now in /SDCARD/TWRP I have:

1- BACKUPS folder
2- . twrps file
3- 4331525959 file

under 1- BACKUPS folder I have:
1.1- P7-L10 folder
1.2- 1280364273 file

under 1.1- P7-L10 folder I have:
1.1.1- 2015-09-12--04-14-20 P7-L00V100R001C1B126 folder
1.1.2- 2015-09-13-14.33.11 folder
1.1.3- 2024531811 file

where
1.1.1 = nandroid backup done with TWRP 2.8.1.0 after installing ROM b126
1.1.2= backup done with ROM MANAGER within last ROM b617

however, under RESTORE- with storage set to INTERNAL STORAGE -still nothing shows up under SELECT PACKAGE??

would prefer to restore to last ROM b617 , any suggestions?
tks in advance...
Ignore all this and try to do a new backup, once done, find the folder where the backup is and delete it and replace with yours old one.
Thats it

maurolm

Aug 6, 2014
Ignore all this and try to do a new backup, once done, find the folder where the backup is and delete it and replace with yours old one.
Thats it

phone was in a bootloop, so after getting into TWRP I had to do a FACTORY RESET, there is nothing to back up now....that s why I want actually to restore

moviehunter2009

Mar 13, 2010
Hello...can i use it with my P7 L00? my rom is B851 EMUI 3.1.
I cant find something for L00 and i ask because i dont want to brick it.

RafaB

Sep 26, 2015
9gvia8.jpg

Compiled from latest Source's (Android 5.1.1) and build for Huawei P7-L10

Works on EMUI 3.0 - 4.4.2 and EMUI 3.1 - 5.1.1

Changelog TWRP 2.8.7.0

-Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
-Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
-Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
-Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)on Android 5.1.1
-Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
-Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
-Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
-Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
-Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
-Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

Bugs

- CPU Temp is not displayed

How to install

Unlocked bootloader is recommend!

Flash via fastboot

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.7.0.img

fastboot reboot

Download

MEGA

Sourcecode

GitHub

BIG THX FOR HELP

@_that
@SHM
@yuweng
@surdu_petru
@acbka
Hi buddy. This works for Huawei P7 Emui 3.1 Lollipop?

its the peanut

Jul 9, 2014
Delft
Hi. When I'm trying to flash the recovery file, I get this error messsage.
"Target reported max download size of 536870912 Bytes. error: cannot load TWRP.img : No error"
What I need to do to?
Thanks in advance buddy
Can you send a screenshot of it? Did you also unpack the file before flashing?

What i somethimes face is that i got the name wrong or i forgot to add .IMG on the end of the file.

Just show me the full path of what your doing with the file (from downloading to flashing) maybe something goes wrong there.

RafaB

Sep 26, 2015
Can you send a screenshot of it? Did you also unpack the file before flashing?

What i somethimes face is that i got the name wrong or i forgot to add .IMG on the end of the file.

Just show me the full path of what your doing with the file (from downloading to flashing) maybe something goes wrong there.

I downloaded the file to C:/ and unpacked it to ADB tools folder.
The I opened CMD and tried to flash the recovery. I'm sending the images attached.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 194

its the peanut

Jul 9, 2014
Delft
The I opened CMD and tried to flash the recovery. I'm sending the images attached.

Thanks again
Hmm, and your bootloader is unlocked?

I dont know the problem man as the adb amd fastboot commands work... What model and carrier is your device?

Reyse

Jan 25, 2009
Barquisimeto

Thanks again

I think you must change to c:\adb Flash tools and then flash recovery

Code:
c:\users>cd "c:\ADB Flash Tools"
c:\ADB Flash Tools>fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.7.0.img

Reactions: RafaB

Fu_Quan

Dec 9, 2015
Hi, thanks for your work. I had already flashed it. I'm a Chinese. May I reship your work to a Chinese forum? I think many people need it. Sorry for my poor English.

l3Nni

Nov 3, 2014
TWRP 3.0.0-0 is available: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3312464.

Hi, thanks for your work. I had already flashed it. I'm a Chinese. May I reship your work to a Chinese forum? I think many people need it. Sorry for my poor English.
@Araca, the creator of this custom recovery, wasn't seen here for about half a year, so you'll probably get no respond from him. But you could look for the new TWRP version by @Kostyan_nsk, and send him a pm (personal message).

Reactions: zipoman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9gvia8.jpg

Compiled from latest Source's (Android 5.1.1) and build for Huawei P7-L10

Works on EMUI 3.0 - 4.4.2 and EMUI 3.1 - 5.1.1

Changelog TWRP 2.8.7.0

-Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    -Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    -Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    -Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)on Android 5.1.1
    -Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    -Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    -Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    -Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    -Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

Note: As always, be sure your custom theme is up to date (or remove your custom theme) before updating TWRP.

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won’t prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won’t try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don’t take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

Bugs

- CPU Temp is not displayed

How to install

Unlocked bootloader is recommend!

Flash via fastboot

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.7.0.img

fastboot reboot

Download

MEGA

Sourcecode

GitHub

BIG THX FOR HELP

@_that
    @SHM
    @yuweng
    @surdu_petru
    @acbka

:D yeah i have to fix one bug first before release ....
    because twrp will backup the whole sdcard when you select the data partion for backup..
    i think release will be tommorow . but beside that and the cpu temp all is working well :)
    Download is now live :d
    It works very well, health in your hand.
    Job Well Done i Must Say !! :D:D