• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][Huawei P7][Unofficial TWRP Recovery 3.0.3-0]

Search This thread

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Hi everyone.
Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.3-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

• Supports USB OTG, so you can use USB flash drive as external storage for backups, zip installations.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of internal storage.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of oeminfo partition. This partition contains info about vendor and current installed version. So in case if you want to rollback to 4.4.2, for example, or revert back your previous vendor version, you can just restore oeminfo from backup with 4.4.2 version or other vendor and flash appropriate firmware without flashing transition package, vendor and without getting "cust fail" error.
  • Combined with stock EMUI 3.1 recovery. In case of power-on by holding power + vol+ or rebooting into recovery by command or any 3rd party application: will boot in TWRP. In case of local update, OTA-update, factory reset from menu or "force update" (3buttons method): will boot into EMUI recovery. Thus you don't have to flash stock recovery before OTA-update, flashing official firmware or doing factory rest.
  • Off-mode charger updated from EMUI 3.1 (for 4.4.2)
  • custom.bin and cust symlinks are saved/restored (if they were exist) in case of Wipe/Format Data. So there is not gonna be "cust" issues after factory reset in TWRP.
  • Excluded SuperSU from build.
  • Enabled encrypted data support.
  • Screen lock by power button replaced with screen off.
Requirements:
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
Installation:
  • Reboot in fastboot mode
  • Flash image via fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
fastboot reboot

From TWRP:
Press "Install" and select zip-archive

Notes:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.zip

Previous:

Last edited:

andromodgod

Jun 1, 2013
Lahore
Thanks . works great on my p7 especially the factory reset with cust .
can you explain how i can build similar twrp for the mate S . your help will be much appreciated :eek:

mohammadsa9

Dec 10, 2015
Hi !
Whenever I use 3buttons method my phone goes to EMUI recovery ,
Whenever I use 3rd party application my phone goes to TWRP recovery !
There is no update file on my storage so in both cases my phone should go to TWRP recovery ! What is the problem ? Please solve this !

Reactions: mauam

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
can you explain how i can build similar twrp for the mate S . your help will be much appreciated :eek:
What do you mean by similar? :)
You'll have to make device tree to build TWRP. Mate S is much different from P7, so I think I couldn't help you with it.

Hi !
There is no update file on my storage so in both cases my phone should go to TWRP recovery ! What is the problem ? Please solve this !
There is not any problem. 3 buttons method is used for "force update". If you want to boot into TWRP, use "power" + "vol+" instead of 3 buttons. Read the first post attentively!

Reactions: mohammadsa9

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
@Kostyan_nsk_one question, why if internal storage is a subfolder of user data in recovery the size of internal storage partition is bigger of data partition?
TWRP excludes /data/share folder from backup of /data folder. Thus, if you have a lot of photos, music, etc in your internal storage, its backup size will be greater than size of /data backup.

Reactions: complicazio

complicazio

Jul 19, 2015
Redmi Note 10 Pro
TWRP excludes /data/share folder from backup of /data folder. Thus, if you have a lot of photos, music, etc in your internal storage, its backup size will be greater than size of /data backup.

Well, thus if I want to do a nandroid backup I have to check data and internal storage, not only data partition because of default it's not selected internal memory

Last edited:

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Well, thus if I want to do a nandroid backup I have to check data and internal storage, not only data partition because of default it's not selected internal memory
It's not mandatoryly for nandroid backup. Depends on what kind of data you want to save. /data contains user applications and system settings; /data/share (i.e. internal storage) contains your personal data (screenshots, photos, music, videos, etc) if you didn't moved them to sd-card. It's up to you, what to backup and what not.

Reactions: complicazio

hackslash

Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2015
Islamabad
Redmi K20 Pro
@Kostyan_nsk I appreciate your work. I have already built TWRP for my Huawei device but I am struggling to fix custom.bin and /data/cust symlink being destroyed after factory reset. I have placed the necessary code in partitions.cpp under Wipe partition block. Can you tell me which method you used to fix this?

complicazio

Jul 19, 2015
Redmi Note 10 Pro
@Kostyan_nsk When I do a backup in the internal memory then via es file Explorer goes into TWRP folder in sdcard0 (internal memory) it is empty, and if I go into the folder media / share / 0 / TWRP I find the backup. They are not the same thing? While if I do backup in the external sdcard its all ok.

Sent from my Paris using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

RangerP7

Oct 1, 2015
What is the first post?
I mean instal twrp!!
How?
If you mean Buckup I do this ?!!
I'm new don't forget this hhh

Think you :)
First post on first page ;)

Hi everyone.
Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.0-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

• Supports USB OTG, so you can use USB flash drive as external storage for backups, zip installations.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of oeminfo partition. This partition contains info about vendor and current installed version. So in case if you want to rollback to 4.4.2, for example, or revert back your previous vendor version, you can just restore oeminfo from backup with 4.4.2 version or other vendor and flash appropriate firmware without flashing transition package, vendor and without getting "cust fail" error.
  • Combined with stock EMUI 3.1 recovery. In case of power-on by holding power + vol+ or rebooting into recovery by command or any 3rd party application: will boot in TWRP. In case of local update, OTA-update, factory reset from menu or "force update" (3buttons method): will boot into EMUI recovery. Thus you don't have to flash stock recovery before OTA-update, flashing official firmware or doing factory rest.
  • custom.bin and cust symlinks are saved/restored (if they were exist) in case of Wipe/Format Data. So there is not gonna be "cust" issues after factory reset in TWRP.
Requirements:
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
Installation:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
fastboot reboot

From TWRP:

Known issues:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data. Otherwise you will get error, saying that TWRP can't mount "storage". So don't bother if you'll see this error.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.zip

Download ADB/FASTBOOT
Download TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
And put it into the ADB / FASTBOOT folder
Install drivers of your phone
Connect your phone to your computer
Enable USB debugging on your phone
Open ADB and type:
"adb devices" (you should see now your device)
"adb reboot bootloader"
Now you should see at the bottom unlocked or locked. That means if your bootloader is unlocked. You need to unlock your bootloader to install a custom recovery.
If you see unlocked...
"fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img"
That's it
Reboot your phone.

Last edited:

albelushi7

May 11, 2016
First post on first page ;)

Download ADB/FASTBOOT
Download TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
And put it into the ADB / FASTBOOT folder
Install drivers of your phone
Connect your phone to your computer
Enable USB debugging on your phone
Open ADB and type:
"adb devices" (you should see now your device)
"adb reboot bootloader"
Now you should see at the bottom unlocked or locked. That means if your bootloader is unlocked. You need to unlock your bootloader to install a custom recovery.
If you see unlocked...
"fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img"
That's it
Reboot your phone.

There are some nots ==

Where is ADB or link ADB/Fastboot

Where is folder Fastboot

RangerP7

Oct 1, 2015
There are some nots ==

Where is ADB or link ADB/Fastboot

Where is folder Fastboot
Use the power of Google, maybe the force will be with you and you will find it ;)
And please! inform you about flashing things on your phone. First learn how it work (your phone, bootloader, recovery, system, adb/fastboot) and after that start work...
If you are just flashing random **** on your phone without knowing what your are doing I will promise you, in less then one week you will ask for help because your phone won't start anymore...

albelushi7

May 11, 2016
Use the power of Google, maybe the force will be with you and you will find it ;)
And please! inform you about flashing things on your phone. First learn how it work (your phone, bootloader, recovery, system, adb/fastboot) and after that start work...
If you are just flashing random **** on your phone without knowing what your are doing I will promise you, in less then one week you will ask for help because your phone won't start anymore...

I know that

But This new for me ?

I want install this twerb ,because I think phone be better..

Just Try ?

Think you ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.
    Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.3-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

Requirements:
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
    Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
    fastboot reboot

From TWRP:

Notes:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
    For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.zip

Previous:
    Is it possible, to restore 2.8.7.0-backups?
    I can't tell you for sure about backups made by araca's 2.8.7.0 - I don't know his partition layouts and backup naming method, but if you were using my build of 2.8.7.0, then yes, you can.
    Anyway, it's better to make a new backup, for any case...
    Hi !
    What do you mean by similar? :)
    You'll have to make device tree to build TWRP. Mate S is much different from P7, so I think I couldn't help you with it.

Hi !
    There is not any problem. 3 buttons method is used for "force update". If you want to boot into TWRP, use "power" + "vol+" instead of 3 buttons. Read the first post attentively!
    @Kostyan_nsk_one question, why if internal storage is a subfolder of user data in recovery the size of internal storage partition is bigger of data partition?