[RECOVERY][Huawei P7][Unofficial TWRP Recovery 3.0.3-0]

Search This thread

albelushi7

May 11, 2016
important

Hi everyone.
Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.0-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

• Supports USB OTG, so you can use USB flash drive as external storage for backups, zip installations.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of internal storage.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of oeminfo partition. This partition contains info about vendor and current installed version. So in case if you want to rollback to 4.4.2, for example, or revert back your previous vendor version, you can just restore oeminfo from backup with 4.4.2 version or other vendor and flash appropriate firmware without flashing transition package, vendor and without getting "cust fail" error.
  • Combined with stock EMUI 3.1 recovery. In case of power-on by holding power + vol+ or rebooting into recovery by command or any 3rd party application: will boot in TWRP. In case of local update, OTA-update, factory reset from menu or "force update" (3buttons method): will boot into EMUI recovery. Thus you don't have to flash stock recovery before OTA-update, flashing official firmware or doing factory rest.
  • Off-mode charger updated from EMUI 3.1 (for 4.4.2)
  • custom.bin and cust symlinks are saved/restored (if they were exist) in case of Wipe/Format Data. So there is not gonna be "cust" issues after factory reset in TWRP.
  • Excluded SuperSU from build.
  • Enabled encrypted data support.
  • Screen lock by power button replaced with screen off.
Requirements:
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
Installation:
  • Reboot in fastboot mode
  • Flash image via fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
fastboot reboot

From TWRP:
Press "Install" and select zip-archive

Known issues:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data. Otherwise you will get error, saying that TWRP can't mount "storage". So don't bother if you'll see this error.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.zip

HI:D

While i want enter to recovery mood <>>>appears on program hisuite not supported :confused::crying::crying:

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
Of course it's possible, but since 3.0.2-0 release has passed 3 months already, IMO it has a sense to wait for the next version before update.
And because now I'm busy with some other stuff.

Reactions: usb2

kaha6uc

Aug 18, 2009
Sofia
Hi everyone.
Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.0-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

• Supports USB OTG, so you can use USB flash drive as external storage for backups, zip installations.
  • Added feature to make backup/restore of oeminfo partition. This partition contains info about vendor and current installed version. So in case if you want to rollback to 4.4.2, for example, or revert back your previous vendor version, you can just restore oeminfo from backup with 4.4.2 version or other vendor and flash appropriate firmware without flashing transition package, vendor and without getting "cust fail" error.
  • Combined with stock EMUI 3.1 recovery. In case of power-on by holding power + vol+ or rebooting into recovery by command or any 3rd party application: will boot in TWRP. In case of local update, OTA-update, factory reset from menu or "force update" (3buttons method): will boot into EMUI recovery. Thus you don't have to flash stock recovery before OTA-update, flashing official firmware or doing factory rest.
  • custom.bin and cust symlinks are saved/restored (if they were exist) in case of Wipe/Format Data. So there is not gonna be "cust" issues after factory reset in TWRP.
Requirements:
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
Installation:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
fastboot reboot

From TWRP:

Known issues:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data. Otherwise you will get error, saying that TWRP can't mount "storage". So don't bother if you'll see this error.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img
For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.zip
Finally! A TWRP that actually works on my P7-L10! Thank you!

DragonRUJ

May 20, 2015
@Kostyan_nsk, about your build (TWRP_P7-3.0.0-0.img):

1. Is it compatible with an unlocked and rooted P7-L12 (4.4.2, EMUI 2.3, stock recovery)?

2. Could you confirm if we can flash it via RASHR, please?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Kostyan_nsk

Nov 12, 2014
Ulan-Ude
@Kostyan_nsk hello :)
Is the source code for this project public?
I'm trying to port Lineage OS for this device, and I would appreciate if you could send me the source for this TWRP or the github url of the repo (if it's public).
Thanks
And how is your progress? :eek:
How do you think TWRP device tree can help you to port Lineage? I'm just curious. :)
Just FYI, I'm working on it more than half year already and still didn't get fully functional ROM.
I can assure you, TWRP device tree won't help at all...

Sowa96

Feb 1, 2015
And how is your progress? :eek:
How do you think TWRP device tree can help you to port Lineage? I'm just curious. :)
Just FYI, I'm working on it more than half year already and still didn't get fully functional ROM.
I can assure you, TWRP device tree won't help at all...

oh, finally some hope for this device :)
is there at least something that works on the rom?

sergioswim

Jun 29, 2017
Hi, I follow the process but I have a problem. When i am trying to get into TWRP using the corresponding bottons there is no response of TWRP, only appears the logo of Huawei when you turn on. What is the cause of that?In the probable case where this problem has no solution, what can I do? How to revert the code above. Thanks.

Crippius

Jul 28, 2011
Namur
I have used twrp-2.8.1 for a couple of years with no issues.
But after I upgraded my P7 from B830 to B839 and above, TWRP has become unresponsive.

This new version fixes everything and works like a charm

Laxus113

Jan 6, 2019
Hello I want to know if someone has tried it on a huawei p7-l12 with rom stock android 4.4.2 kitkat and emui 2.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.
    Here's my build of TWRP 3.0.3-0 for Huawei P7.

Features:

Requirements:
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Android 4.4.2 - 5.1.1
    Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
    fastboot reboot

From TWRP:

Notes:

Because internal storage is not a separate block device and just a subfolder of "userdata" partition, before you can make backup/restore of internal storage, first you should do Mount -> Data.

Download: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.img
    For TWRP: TWRP_P7-3.0.3-0.zip

Previous:
    Is it possible, to restore 2.8.7.0-backups?
    I can't tell you for sure about backups made by araca's 2.8.7.0 - I don't know his partition layouts and backup naming method, but if you were using my build of 2.8.7.0, then yes, you can.
    Anyway, it's better to make a new backup, for any case...
    Hi !
    Whenever I use 3buttons method my phone goes to EMUI recovery ,
    Whenever I use 3rd party application my phone goes to TWRP recovery !
    There is no update file on my storage so in both cases my phone should go to TWRP recovery ! What is the problem ? Please solve this !
    can you explain how i can build similar twrp for the mate S . your help will be much appreciated :eek:
    What do you mean by similar? :)
    You'll have to make device tree to build TWRP. Mate S is much different from P7, so I think I couldn't help you with it.

Hi !
    Whenever I use 3buttons method my phone goes to EMUI recovery ,
    Whenever I use 3rd party application my phone goes to TWRP recovery !
    There is no update file on my storage so in both cases my phone should go to TWRP recovery ! What is the problem ? Please solve this !
    There is not any problem. 3 buttons method is used for "force update". If you want to boot into TWRP, use "power" + "vol+" instead of 3 buttons. Read the first post attentively!
    @Kostyan_nsk_one question, why if internal storage is a subfolder of user data in recovery the size of internal storage partition is bigger of data partition?
    TWRP excludes /data/share folder from backup of /data folder. Thus, if you have a lot of photos, music, etc in your internal storage, its backup size will be greater than size of /data backup.