[RECOVERY] i9505 TWRP 2.6.1.0 updated 29th Aug - Odin Flashable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Deviner

Mar 23, 2012
after installing TWRP 2.6 on i9505 galaxy s4 and Roma Omega v9 TWRP to restart it asks me for a password when I've never been how its done?

I'm having the same issue.
Every single time I boot into TWRP it gives me a decryption password and I've never encrypted the phone.

I wouldn't care but I think it's related to my boot loop.

I've been able to get into Foxhound 1.7 but then after using it all day, if I attempt to reboot it just hangs.. only solution was to factory reset (which partially fails).

I can't wipe dalvik cache, can't wipe internal SD/data, can't do factory reset... all the time it's trying to mount e: and is unable to do it so it just craps out.

I've tried flashing CWM on it and wiping everything which I thought would work, but once I flashed TWRP again, it asks me for password again and reckons there's something encrypted.

This has pretty much rendered the phone useless coz I'm bootlooping and I can't even flash a ROM now as it seems to be getting worse and worse.

EDIT: I wiped the 'Preload" option in the Advanced Options and it allowed me to wipe all the other sections as normal and removed the password issue!

EDIT 2: Flashed PhilZ recovery via ODIN - wiped everything thoroughly - reflashed TWRP via ODIN and flashed Foxhound 1.8 and all is well - rebooting fine.
Think TWRP locked out one or more files/partitions which caused loads of problems.

Last edited:

BulldogPO

Jul 13, 2011
Eura
sunbulls.fi
Dudes, what´s the broblem.
Every time I try to flash in TWRP 2.6.1 tar with odin 3.04 it just says "There is no PIT partition" and then FAIL.
What is this?

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
New TWRP 2.6.3.0 is out. I attached a flashable zip.

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
  • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
  • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
  • A few other fixes and tweaks
source

Attachments

• TWRP_2.6.3.0_GT-I9505(jfltexx).zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 1,816

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
New TWRP 2.6.3.0 is out. I attached a flashable zip.

source

I still have problems to flash a ROM with TWRP. Nearly everytime during flashing the screen goes black (intended timeout), but never comes back. And the phone shows no reaction when I press power or home button. Instead it reboots and no OS installed. Will switch to latest CWM Touch Recovery for now. Its not as comfortable but it works at least.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Has anyone tested yet if we can use the builds for the GE and if yes, if they are working better?

L

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

sirdicholas

Jul 17, 2012
Don't know if it's just me, but TWRP keeps jacking up my phone. It's a mystery if my phone will boot into recovery, and it it'll actually flash anything. Is it just me?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Febby

May 19, 2010
Has anyone actually tried reporting this twrp issues to the maintainers of it rather than posting? Perhaps they havent even noticed the issues twrp users are having.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

inffy

Jun 26, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
CWM makes backups without MD5 and can not restore them.
TWRP stucks on boot, million "FAIL", it is buggyest and as "pre-pre-pre alpha" stage on this phone.

That is the price to pay when you get a phone from a manufacturer that has ****ty opensource/developer support.

Never gonna buy Samsung again (already ordered Xperia Z1)

pod0087

Jun 6, 2011
It's a piece of ****. 2.6.3.0 can't format the system partition, and 2.6.0.0 can't restore backups made from the later encrypted versions. So you're ****ed if you want to restore a backup with either 2.6.1.0 or 2.6.3.0.

To anyone reading who hasn't installed TWRP, do you yourself a favour and keep it like that.

sfynx1

Oct 27, 2010
Funny that other then the ocasional stuck on boot i have no issue with 2.6.3.0, and even that stuck on boot, i just press power untill it turns off, then re-enter twrp.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Funny that other then the ocasional stuck on boot i have no issue with 2.6.3.0, and even that stuck on boot, i just press power untill it turns off, then re-enter twrp.

So you can flash cm10.2 nightlies without problems?

Haven't tested that yet, but maybe we need to wipe everything and then make a fresh installation (that means also formatting internal sd and external)

L

sfynx1

Oct 27, 2010
I'm currently not using cm, but i flashed a few roms without any issues, backup and restore working just fine, did format system and data to flash mh8 rom, no problems...

darkvoid_66

Aug 10, 2007
Lisbon
Hi I have TWRP installed in my I9505 but When I enter recovery I have the first screen saying teamwin and it stays there forever!

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Credit to team TWRP / Dees_Troy...Finally working recovery for i9505!

Download the latest 2.6.1.0 tar and img files here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/182

Update 29/8: There are new releases in both TAR and IMG format directly from the TWRP main site. 2.6.1.0 is out!
    And here my flashable zip.

Download
    TWRP has been updated to 2.5.0.1 for i9505 and can be downloaded from http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/182 - a few issues have been resolved.

Thanks Team TWRP!
    And here the flashable Zip. It seems that the scrolling works much better. My zip is attached. Flash it through the revovery.;) You must download it from my dropbox.

Download
    I wanted to clean my internal SD card before flashing Omega ROM, so I used Format Data option from Wipe section in TWRP.

After that I lost almost two days trying to fix my phone. Flashed stock ROM, TWRP and Omega ROM endless times without success after that.

My phone became randomly unbootable on reboot or power on! It was stuck on i9505 logo that is shown before boot animation forever. It was same for both stock and Omega ROM, with or without external micro SD.

After endless tries, I figured out that my phone works fine if I do factory reset and wipe from original recovery. Worked fine before and after flashing TWRP.

I tired to Format Data from TWRP again and my phone again was stuck on boot.

So I did everything once more. Flashed stock, did factory reset and wipe from original recovery and then installed TWRP and in the end I flashed Omega without wiping anything.

Everything works just fine now and I will not try to use Format data option from TWRP on this device in near time! Please fix this.

First I used TWRP 2.5.0.1 and then 2.5.0.2, but it is same in both of them.