[RECOVERY] i9505 TWRP 2.6.1.0 updated 29th Aug - Odin Flashable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sfynx1

Oct 27, 2010
Like i said it's the only think i get ocasionaly, i just press power till phone shuts down, and then use key combo to enter recovery again.

nzill

Jul 17, 2011
I have a problem, I make a factory reset and i have this message "updating partition detail" since 15 minutes .... what can i do ?

gekkonaut

Nov 22, 2007
Strange issue.....I can flash roms with twrp, backup, and restore.....but I can never boot into anything more than once!

The initial reboot after an install/restore/etc works great - everything is in place. but after that 2nd boot, I'm stuck at the Samsung Galaxy i9505 screen... every time!

Anyone else run into this?

sfynx1

Oct 27, 2010
No never had that happen to me, it works just great, even using my own theme on it, only real issue is sometimes i get stuck on twrp loading screen, i just power down and re-enter twrp and everything runs great, i've been testing quite a lot of roms and a lot of restores to my backups without any problems.

gekkonaut

Nov 22, 2007
Strange issue.....I can flash roms with twrp, backup, and restore.....but I can never boot into anything more than once!

But after that 2nd boot, I'm stuck at the Samsung Galaxy i9505 screen... every time!

I was on an older TWRP .. upgraded to 2.6.3.0....and now things are much much worse. hanging on "Updating partition tables" when I wipe. I can still boot into TWRP.

I think my only option here is to go back to Phillz CWM and restore my original stock backup. Phillz worked great for backups/restores, but I couldn't flash any roms with it.

I wonder why TWRP works perfectly for some, and barely at all for others ..

Also, for those of us with TWRP issues, what's the best alternative? Does normal CWM (not Phillz) work with flashing most stuff on the i9505?

Last edited:

vitanet

Oct 7, 2012
dont work! i dont know how to get it work! i install via odin and dont get it, then i try goomanager and dont work!

KenHua

Sep 30, 2011
I was on an older TWRP .. upgraded to 2.6.3.0....and now things are much much worse. hanging on "Updating partition tables" when I wipe. I can still boot into TWRP.

I think my only option here is to go back to Phillz CWM and restore my original stock backup. Phillz worked great for backups/restores, but I couldn't flash any roms with it.

I wonder why TWRP works perfectly for some, and barely at all for others ..

Also, for those of us with TWRP issues, what's the best alternative? Does normal CWM (not Phillz) work with flashing most stuff on the i9505?

I have similar problem! When I wipe cache TWRP would try to format the System partition into ext4 format and would always fail. It would be unable to mount System thereafter and TWRP would freeze up. I have to force power it off and reboot back into TWRP recovery and install Phiz or CWM so that I can re-Format the system partition in order to install zip etc from there.

Last edited:

gekkonaut

Nov 22, 2007
I have similar problem! When I wipe cache TWRP would try to format the System partition into ext4 format and would always fail. It would be unable to mount System thereafter and TWRP would freeze up. I have to force power it off and reboot back into TWRP recovery and install Phiz or CWM so that I can re-Format the system partition in order to install zip etc from there.

Yes - that's what I did. I'm just staying away from AOSP roms now, since TWRP doesn't seem to be stable on [at least my] i9505, and I can't seem to install any AOSP stuff with CWM without it being broken in all kinds of ways.

On Omega at the moment - still dealing with ugly Samsung UI's (minus the launcher), but at least it's not full of bloat and harassing me to upgrade to the new locked down crap!

KenHua

Sep 30, 2011
New update coming soon that fixs everything ive been testing it for dees_troy and an official thread will be opening soon for updated libk and info :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

May I ask what are the fixes? I can't find if there is a change log. Your help would be very much appreciated. By the way the title of this thread is very outdated. Hopefully someone can update it. Thanks

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Thank you, after stay away for some time I will test now the new build, I hope the bugs like splash screen hanging and other bugs are gone and we can use TWRP now again :)

GT-I9505 ~ SlimBean

gavin-phelan

Jun 1, 2011
Kilkenny
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
May I ask what are the fixes? I can't find if there is a change log. Your help would be very much appreciated. By the way the title of this thread is very outdated. Hopefully someone can update it. Thanks

Fixs the hanging for some user on the teamwin recovery project screen and should now be fully operational and no more fails for back up and restoring

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: KenHua

salmander

Dec 11, 2008
Can you confirm please if it is working for AOSP roms as well now? I want to try cyanogenmod 10.1.3.

Many thanks for all your hard work fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Credit to team TWRP / Dees_Troy...Finally working recovery for i9505!

Download the latest 2.6.1.0 tar and img files here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/182

Update 29/8: There are new releases in both TAR and IMG format directly from the TWRP main site. 2.6.1.0 is out!
    And here my flashable zip.

Download
    TWRP has been updated to 2.5.0.1 for i9505 and can be downloaded from http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/182 - a few issues have been resolved.

Thanks Team TWRP!
    And here the flashable Zip. It seems that the scrolling works much better. My zip is attached. Flash it through the revovery.;) You must download it from my dropbox.

Download
    I wanted to clean my internal SD card before flashing Omega ROM, so I used Format Data option from Wipe section in TWRP.

After that I lost almost two days trying to fix my phone. Flashed stock ROM, TWRP and Omega ROM endless times without success after that.

My phone became randomly unbootable on reboot or power on! It was stuck on i9505 logo that is shown before boot animation forever. It was same for both stock and Omega ROM, with or without external micro SD.

After endless tries, I figured out that my phone works fine if I do factory reset and wipe from original recovery. Worked fine before and after flashing TWRP.

I tired to Format Data from TWRP again and my phone again was stuck on boot.

So I did everything once more. Flashed stock, did factory reset and wipe from original recovery and then installed TWRP and in the end I flashed Omega without wiping anything.

Everything works just fine now and I will not try to use Format data option from TWRP on this device in near time! Please fix this.

First I used TWRP 2.5.0.1 and then 2.5.0.2, but it is same in both of them.