Recovery Image Info

Search This thread

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
I'd like to get and store copies of all regional installs if possible, if anyone out there (here) has other versions then drop me a PM and I'll stick them somewhere on t'interweb so we can recover if we need to...

Reactions: joaomig

bryanz

Feb 18, 2006
Madrid
I have now had several people use the image from my EN-GB Surface on non-en-gb devices and all appears to be well, only difference noticed so far is the support number stays on the english one and doesnt change regardless of language pack.

Thanks a million Trig0r!!! I need to bring my RT back to life as I installed 8.1 in German and my recvery image didn't work don't know why.

I am downloading your image now and I see it is a ISO file, should I unpack it and copy it to my USB or what?

Thank you!!!

laymansnerd

Sep 2, 2009
Beaufort, SC
Clarification Please

I don't want to sound like a noob here, but I was just making sure that I can use your EN-GB recovery image on my EN-US Surface RT to remove Windows 8.1 Preview. Also hoping that office will work when i get back to the start.

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
I havent tested it personally, I know the en-GB image works in place of the en-US image though, not sure about rolling back from 8.1 to 8.0 though, I would of thought it possible but I havent checked it.

Reactions: vouilloz_d

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
I havent tested it personally, I know the en-GB image works in place of the en-US image though, not sure about rolling back from 8.1 to 8.0 though, I would of thought it possible but I havent checked it.

Will everything still be in English?? Sorry for noob questions..

Sent from my Blaze/HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta(using both :D)

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
You can install the language pack etc and get it into "proper" English ;)

laymansnerd

Sep 2, 2009
Beaufort, SC
EN-US Recovery Files

I used the Surface RT on display at my work to create the USB recovery drive, and was able to successfully downgrade from 8.1 Preview to stock. Trig0r, how would I go about assembling these files to share? Then I can put together a step-by-step guide for downgrading that has the potential to make a few people happy.

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
If speed is an issue I have ftp, was trying to get recoveries from more than one user though, weirdly people dont want to send them to me and nobody else seems to care until they get to the point where they needs the files.. lol

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
If speed is an issue I have ftp, was trying to get recoveries from more than one user though, weirdly people dont want to send them to me and nobody else seems to care until they get to the point where they needs the files.. lol

Speed was an issue lol. Waited an hour to download the whole ISO

dtk31883

May 18, 2007
Manhattan Beach
EN-US Recovery Drive Image Request

Any chance someone can post the EN-US version? I appreciate the EN-GB image it works wonderfully, but I'm in the US and a EN-US image would be awesome to recover back to :D. I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't already have the recovery drive image available for download. Also the Windows RT 8.1 preview drive image is worthless. It wont activate after resetting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have now had several people use the image from my EN-GB Surface on non-en-gb devices and all appears to be well, only difference noticed so far is the support number stays on the english one and doesnt change regardless of language pack.
    File uploaded to copy, not sure how long it'll last before they close me down but still...

https://copy.com/wxLnnPxi6phs
    Still getting requests for this, I'm in Turkey at the mo and dont have a lot of connectivity, so if you PM me and it takes a day or so, tough, saving you a trip to the MS Store :lol:
    I now have an FTP server for these to go on.
    I have requested ALL other language recoveries, so far I just have my en-GB one, I have space to host them and FTP that people can upload to, guess people just dont care until they get to the point that they need it.
    Am I the only RT (ex now, got my Pro although I still have access to the RT if needed but its running 8.1 Preview now) user that thinks about stuff like this, surely not...