Votes: 93 82.3%
  • This joke is so bad

Votes: 20 17.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
Guys, I need the vendor for this device to compile CM12.1. Without /vendor/samsung/j13g it will not work. Has anyone a vendor tree for this device?

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-J100H using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

The name of it is something like this: proprietary_vendor_xxxxx_j13g, but I didn't find anything.
I really don't know to much about android developing and that things,but maybe this can help you?
https://github.com/LinkLunk/android_device_samsung_j13g

rkey1000

Mar 7, 2015
Safe Strap for smj120A AT&T Galaxy Express 3

ded

Ok so as everyone has learned the bootloader is locked up tight on most AT&T devices, the Express 3 included, but out of shear boredom i tried a Safe Strap apk I have that was developed for the AT&T Galaxy S4 running KitKat and to my astonishment it installed. Even more to my delight upon trying to "install Recovery" in the apk that to installed. Unfortunately upon using the "Reboot to Recovery" option, though it dose reboot the phone to the main safe strap screen, the screen dpi is not correct and all I can do is boot into the system by pressing the home button or waiting the instructed 10 seconds.I am not a Dev but think with some tweaking this safe strap could definitely work on this device. Since to my understanding the sm-j120a is the same as the J1 but with a locked bootloader I figured I'd see what you might think of the idea. Here are some screen shots and the apk file for the safe strap.

Attachments

• Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk
    7.6 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20171106-060540.png
    Screenshot_20171106-060540.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_20171106-060508.png
    Screenshot_20171106-060508.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 223
  • WIN_20171107_06_46_14_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20171107_06_46_14_Pro.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 218

zulkaif

Apr 21, 2018
A problem

i rooted my android few months ago but some root requiring apps were not working so i thought may be i should update twrp recovery file so i flashed latest version but before that i had installed twrp official app from play store and created a backup. after that using same app i wanted to flash latest version of .tar file but my phone was soft bricked i installed stock rom and it became alive without data lost but lost root acccess so i then reflashed latest version of .tar file for my phone using odin it said success i try to boot in recovery mode but only red exclamation sign on top left corner and samsung logo nothing else happened. i reinstalled stock rom and my stock rom works fine but now i cant root my mobile or flassh twrp.

Last edited:

resowy32

Sep 7, 2016
Hi everyone. After flashing twrp on this device it is starting before the system and I need to reboot to system everytime. How to make system bootable first?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my TWRP 2.8.7.0 build for the Samsung Galaxy J1.

First I would like to thank @SM-J100H user for being a awesome tester and available at any time. Since I do not own the device he was very helpfull! I would also like to thank Team Win for the awesome recovery sources!

DISCLAIMER : WARNING, THIS WILL SET KNOX TO 1 AND WILL VOID YOUR WARANY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE EVEN THOUGH NOTHING SHOULD GO WRONG IF YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT! ALSO... I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WW3 OR A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK

Works on :

- SM-J100H Working
    - SM-J100ML Working

Bugs

- External SD not mounting. (Working on it) Fixed in 14/10/2015 build

Changelog

Code:
    Fixed sdcard not mounting

Code:
    First release

Screenshots

9oWySnum.jpg

Instructions

Here are some notes before you start :

You may need to enable OEM unlock in the developer settings

THIS WILL SET KNOX TO 1

I am not responsible for voiding your warranty with this, it's your choice.

1. Download the PC USB drivers for your Phone

2. Download TWRP (link below)

3. Download Odin 3

4. Turn off your phone

5. Boot into download mode (Power + VOL down + Home)

6. In menu select continue (VOL up)

7. Now connect your phone to your PC

8. Open Odin. Make sure your device is recognized.

9. Click PDA on older Odin versions or AP on newer versions

10. Find TWRP

11. Click start and wait until it's done.

12. Reboot into recovery and have fun.

Download

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION! IF YOU NEED PERMISSION THEN PM ME!

TWRP 2.8.7.0 for Galaxy J1 (14/10/2015 Build with sdcard fix)

Device Tree : https://github.com/CTXz/twrp_device_samsung_j13g
    Kernel : https://github.com/CTXz/android_kernel_samsung_j13g/tree/android-5.1

Happy flashing

PS : You may wonder why this looks allot like my Galaxy j5 TWRP thread. This is because I like the format and I am very lazy.
    I think I will have to make myself a bit clear here in terms of PM's. Recently I got way to many PM's of people asking for ETA's or status reports of CM12.1. Here is what I want make clear :

Please do not ask for ETA's! I can't give you a specific time or a confirmation that CM will even work on this device! (Because Spreadtrum isn't sharing sources)

Do not PM me unless it's Important or you want to help at the project! At the moment I got enough testers so no testers needed. I will tell you if I need more

If you want a status request about the project, write it here! I will be glad to answer the current condition about the project. Just make sure you don't ask every minute about the status and do not pm me about the status. Write it here so everyone can see it.

Thanks, CTXz
    great thanks for this friend just i question what about CM12 ? cos i think lollipop no for samsung :(

At the moment I am trying to build cm12 for it
    Good news. I managed to fix the sdcard issue. The build is up! Link has been updated ;)
    Thanks bro!!!now all works good!!!great work:):)
    Thanks. Glad you like it :victory: