1652759478305.png
    28 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4
try direct usbs. not usb hubs or front-faced usb from desktop. no matter what, twrp should get flashed with latest odin. recovery is always flashed via AP

last solution:
download a 4.4 or 4.3 stock rom and flash it...then start the process again...
flash 4.x stock -> flash 5.x stock latest -> twrp

Reactions: notnoelchannel
try direct usbs. not usb hubs or front-faced usb from desktop. no matter what, twrp should get flashed with latest odin. recovery is always flashed via AP

last solution:
download a 4.4 or 4.3 stock rom and flash it...then start the process again...
flash 4.x stock -> flash 5.x stock latest -> twrp
Hi, thanks for the help, it sorta worked! But here's what I did:

- Download a PIT file from androidfilehost
- Download Odin 3.13.1
- Get a GOOD USB cable
- Load PIT, try to flash TWRP 10 times
- At the fifth time, it passed
- And happily use my phone again with LineageOS 14.1 :cowboy:
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: side and pocketrule
Hi, thanks for the help, it sorta worked! But here's what I did:

- Download a PIT file from androidfilehost
- Download Odin 3.13.1
- Get a GOOD USB cable
- Load PIT, try to flash TWRP 10 times
- At the fifth time, it passed
- And happily use my phone again with LineageOS 14.1 :cowboy:
Thanks for the help!
Now the good usb cable says
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (DeviceInfo)
too.. i'm screwed

• Haha
Reactions: Retrial
Can't make TWRP builds because of this error:

Code:
#
# using defaults found in .config
#
  SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
  HOSTCC  applets/usage
/home/runner/TWRP/external/busybox/applets/usage.c: In function 'main':
/home/runner/TWRP/external/busybox/applets/usage.c:52:3: warning: ignoring return value of 'write', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
   write(STDOUT_FILENO, usage_array[i].usage, strlen(usage_array[i].usage) + 1);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
  HOSTCC  applets/applet_tables
/home/runner/TWRP/external/busybox/applets/applet_tables.c: In function 'main':
/home/runner/TWRP/external/busybox/applets/applet_tables.c:144:4: warning: ignoring return value of 'fgets', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
    fgets(line_old, sizeof(line_old), fp);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  GEN     include/usage_compressed.h
  GEN     include/applet_tables.h
  HOSTCC  applets/usage_pod
  CC      applets/applets.o
  LD      applets/built-in.o
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/runner/TWRP/external/busybox'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up! Removed JDCTeam's Teal Black theme for now (sorry) because it's a TESTING build.
    Why is it a testing build? It can't find getprop for some reasons.Still can install ROMs AFAIK.

Changes in custom TWRP 3.6.2: We're using a custom device tree now! (twrp-6.0) Credits to @TriDiscord and JDCTeam (yall are amazing) for the tree!

For those whose using my TWRP builds/official TWRP builds and wants to upgrade from TWRP 3.6.1 to TWRP 3.6.2: Install Image > Locate the .img > Flash it in recovery section.
    TWRP 3.6.2 should be unified for these devices:
    jflteatt(SGH-I337), jfltecan, jfltecri, jfltecsp, jflterefreshspr, jfltespr, jfltetfnatt, jfltetfntmo, jfltetmo, jflteusc, jfltevzw(SCH-I545), jfltexx, jfltezm, jftddxx

Please test them.so i can confirm this twrp is unified.
    Works fine on jfltexx! Thanks you very much
    Gonna make TWRP recovery with JDCTeam themes soon! TWRP 3.6.2 is stable now
    Take a look here. One gut reported an issue.
    TWRP 3.6.2 should be unified for these devices:
    jflteatt(SGH-I337), jfltecan, jfltecri, jfltecsp, jflterefreshspr, jfltespr, jfltetfnatt, jfltetfntmo, jflteusc, jfltevzw(SCH-I545), jfltezm, jftddxx

Please test them.so i can confirm this twrp is unified.

Confirmed working on:
    - jfltexx
    - jfltetmo
    [NOT BOOTING] A testing OFRP build compiled from source:
    (ZIP is with recovery flashable image and recovery flashable tar)
    Please provide me kernel logs if you test this out!

Tutorial about pulling out kernel logs (last_kmsg):
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

DOWNLOAD:
    Below attachments!

INSTALLATION:
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
    2. In Odin, import the appropriate recovery.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
    3. Pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates.
    4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S4").

CREDITS:
    TWRP,JDCTeam,LineageOS,OmniROM,etc..

DEVICE-SPECIFIC TREE:
    - jf kernel repository
    - jf repository
    - TWRP repository
    hey, i'm currently trying to compile OrangeFox for this device, but ill mess with your twrp builds later as soon as i can compile orangefox

i did enable LZMA on your twrp kernel, fork your device tree n edit it
    That's awesome.
    Last time side tried to make OrangeFox work for S4, didn't worked cause of the size of recovery our device can handle. I hope you can make it work. 🤞
    New build is up! Removed JDCTeam's Teal Black theme for now (sorry) because it's a TESTING build.
    Why is it a testing build? It can't find getprop for some reasons.Still can install ROMs AFAIK.

Changes in custom TWRP 3.6.2: We're using a custom device tree now! (twrp-6.0) Credits to @TriDiscord and JDCTeam (yall are amazing) for the tree!

For those whose using my TWRP builds/official TWRP builds and wants to upgrade from TWRP 3.6.1 to TWRP 3.6.2: Install Image > Locate the .img > Flash it in recovery section.
    Hey @notnoelchannel, nice job!
    Here is the .img for people who are already in TWRP.
    Just press Install Image > Locate the .img > Flash it in recovery section. 🙃

Edit: Removed the file cause of new update which include already the .img in OP.
    nice thing here. why dont you mess with my custom twrp builds? just for fun
    hey, i'm currently trying to compile OrangeFox for this device, but ill mess with your twrp builds later as soon as i can compile orangefox

i did enable LZMA on your twrp kernel, fork your device tree n edit it