[RECOVERY][jfltexx] TWRP 3.7.0-9.0 touch recovery (custom builds)

Search This thread
new TWRP build released!
sorry for disappearing, I was taking a break

this is sadly a ported build, I can't build TWRP, because my building machine isn't functioning well
but it works fine, except the power button doesn't work! enjoy!! :D

you can find the new update in "Attachments" on the first post.

Last edited:
316170254_1330108547794319_4928148188950148288_n.jpg

predator1222

Dec 3, 2022
I have the same problem, I have a gt-i9508v which, if everything is true, has snapdragon instead of exynos from the Chinese market and runs android 4.3. Does anyone know how I can install factory Android 5 ROM or cm12 on twrp?
you need to use a different USB cable, and install stock rom back with PIT

Reactions: pocketrule

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
I have the same problem, I have a gt-i9508v which, if everything is true, has snapdragon instead of exynos from the Chinese market and runs android 4.3. Does anyone know how I can install factory Android 5 ROM or cm12 on twrp?
Obviously, your device has got a snapdragon 800, therefore most likely you won't be able to flash a rom for the standard galaxy s4 with a snapdragon 600.
It SEEMS there's a android version 5.0.1 for your device, which you can download from sammobile for example. In any case, make sure, the rom you want to flash is compatible with your device.
Check out the well made 🗃️S4 Unified Collection & Guides📚 from @Retrial, there you will find all information about flashing twrp, stock and custom rom.

predator1222

Dec 3, 2022
Obviously, your device has got a snapdragon 800, therefore most likely you won't be able to flash a rom for the standard galaxy s4 with a snapdragon 600.
It SEEMS there's a android version 5.0.1 for your device, which you can download from sammobile for example. In any case, make sure, the rom you want to flash is compatible with your device.
Check out the well made 🗃️S4 Unified Collection & Guides📚 from @Retrial, there you will find all information about flashing twrp, stock and custom rom.
I've already looked there, but the problem is a "Chinese" ROM that doesn't have gms, I tried to install Google play services manually, Google account manager and Google play store, but as soon as I install the play services, a pop-up keeps popping up an error message appears that it has frozen. where can I find a "global" ROM for it that has gms and maybe also has the Hungarian language in it??

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
I've already looked there, but the problem is a "Chinese" ROM that doesn't have gms, I tried to install Google play services manually, Google account manager and Google play store, but as soon as I install the play services, a pop-up keeps popping up an error message appears that it has frozen. where can I find a "global" ROM for it that has gms and maybe also has the Hungarian language in it??
Maybe this can help you to go further:
Use i9506 ROMs for i9508v
If there's no dedicated rom for the i9508v, maybe roms for the i9506 can work. But it may happen you brick your device. As long as there are no users having the same device with a working solution, you can't be sure. In any case you should address further questions in threads about the snapdragon 800 variant, i.e. I9506

predator1222

Dec 3, 2022
Maybe this can help you to go further:
Use i9506 ROMs for i9508v
If there's no dedicated rom for the i9508v, maybe roms for the i9506 can work. But it may happen you brick your device. As long as there are no users having the same device with a working solution, you can't be sure. In any case you should address further questions in threads about the snapdragon 800 variant, i.e. I9506
thank you, is there any "factory custom" that is the original factory ROM, did they just add gms? and if there is, what ROM and/or recovery should I put on it, how can it be done without a PC, because unfortunately it is not on a computer at the moment

predator1222

Dec 3, 2022
anyway, why are there so many versions of the s4, e.g. mine and i9506 800, the i9505 and 600, the 9500 and already 8 core cortex a15 and which is the best s4 version?

how did you even got an i9508v if you are hungarian? (just wondering, feel free to not tell)

Reactions: pocketrule
Ho ho ho ho!
Merry Christmas, Galaxy S4 users! Thanks for the support and love! Have a great time!!! <3
New build is up:
Changelog:
- Update sources
- Use JDCTeam's themed recovery
- Force use busybox, means that you can install any GApps now!
- Built-from-source recovery, everything works now!
- Fix assert fail (This device is: .)

You can find the recovery in the first post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know but i mean the TWRP from this thread.

View attachment 5811923
    uh-oh i guess side forgot to update something :(

I'll upload a build pretty soon that displays 3.7.0-9.0!
    latest TWRP 3.7.0_9-0 that has been released by TeamWin

I know but i mean the TWRP from this thread.

Screenshot_2022-08-26-06-20-37[1].png
    It is TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 is this righ?
    latest TWRP 3.7.0_9-0 that has been released by TeamWin

1673847357731.png
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

DOWNLOAD:
    Below attachments!

INSTALLATION:
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
    2. In Odin, import the appropriate recovery.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
    3. Pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates.
    4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S4").

CREDITS:
    TWRP,JDCTeam,LineageOS,OmniROM,etc..

DEVICE-SPECIFIC TREE:
    - jf kernel repository
    - jf repository
    - TWRP repository
    hey, i'm currently trying to compile OrangeFox for this device, but ill mess with your twrp builds later as soon as i can compile orangefox

i did enable LZMA on your twrp kernel, fork your device tree n edit it
    That's awesome.
    Last time side tried to make OrangeFox work for S4, didn't worked cause of the size of recovery our device can handle. I hope you can make it work. 🤞
    New build is up! Removed JDCTeam's Teal Black theme for now (sorry) because it's a TESTING build.
    Why is it a testing build? It can't find getprop for some reasons.Still can install ROMs AFAIK.

Changes in custom TWRP 3.6.2: We're using a custom device tree now! (twrp-6.0) Credits to @TriDiscord and JDCTeam (yall are amazing) for the tree!

For those whose using my TWRP builds/official TWRP builds and wants to upgrade from TWRP 3.6.1 to TWRP 3.6.2: Install Image > Locate the .img > Flash it in recovery section.
    Ho ho ho ho!
    Merry Christmas, Galaxy S4 users! Thanks for the support and love! Have a great time!!! <3
    New build is up:
    Changelog:
    - Update sources
    - Use JDCTeam's themed recovery
    - Force use busybox, means that you can install any GApps now!
    - Built-from-source recovery, everything works now!
    - Fix assert fail (This device is: .)

You can find the recovery in the first post.
    Hey @notnoelchannel, nice job!
    Here is the .img for people who are already in TWRP.
    Just press Install Image > Locate the .img > Flash it in recovery section. 🙃

Edit: Removed the file cause of new update which include already the .img in OP.