[Recovery][Kernel] [8.1] Install TWRP, remove encryption, get Magisk on Visible R2

Dib Membrane

Sep 19, 2019
Apologies for the slow reply (to Eric1084), and thanks for the spur (glebanych). Have been trying to get to time to work on my second R2 for weeks, and was planning to post what I have archived while doing that. Looks like it's still going to be a few days until I have time for my R2 project, though, so I'll work on posting new copies of the stuff you're looking for today. I believe I have everything archived that was previously attached in or linked to from the thread.

Reactions: glebanych

Dib Membrane

Sep 19, 2019
Does anyone have a mirror to the patched boot? The mega link in OP seems to be down.
Also looking for the lost files from OP post.
Apologies again for the slow reply.

Patched boot image - for installing versions of Magisk newer than v16.7
Attached please find:
  • boot-kernel-patched.img
  • boot-kernel-patched.img.checksums.txt
  • boot-kernel-patched.img [browser screenshot, 2019-09-15 - mega.nz #!BTJXQAgK!mmS1iOdPX0caRlvUWZjwqFakpK7uIhopx0bBZgo-bCw].png
    boot-kernel-patched.img [browser screenshot, 2019-09-15 - mega.nz #!BTJXQAgK!mmS1iOdPX0caRlvUW...png

Attachments

Last edited:

Dib Membrane

Sep 19, 2019
and the QDLoad drivers (possibly the first set of ZTE drivers as well, but likely not necessary).
That Mega.nz link is now dead too. Attached please find:
  • ROOT ZTE Z835.zip [can't get this 200 MB file to upload; keeps just cancelling out about 1/3 through, with no error message; will upload a ZIP of just the DRIVERS directory in my next post, and will try again on the full version when I get my Visible Internet connection back up, in case it's a timeout ]
  • ROOT ZTE Z835.zip.checksums.txt
  • ROOT ZTE Z835.zip [browser screenshot, 2019-09-15 - mega.nz #F!ud8VwKRJ!-cJr7EJyhb1PkziNx5KvLQ].png [hmm, some issue with the forum software isn't letting this one show up in the Attachments pane, but here it is inline]
    ROOT ZTE Z835.zip [browser screenshot, 2019-09-15 - mega.nz #F!ud8VwKRJ!-cJr7EJyhb1PkziNx5KvLQ].png
Note that the QDLoader drivers and "first set of ZTE drivers" are in the DRIVERS subdirectory of the ZIP (IIRC, the https://mega.nz/#F!ud8VwKRJ!-cJr7EJyhb1PkziNx5KvLQ?yFtVySyL link in the OP went directly to that subdirectory of the ZIP).

If anyone's looking for any other files from the thread that have gone missing, let me know; I haven't gone through the rest of the file links in the thread past the OP.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dib Membrane

Sep 19, 2019
OK, here's the contents of that DRIVERS subdirectory (QDLoader HS-USB Driver.7z, ZTE_Android_USB_Driver.zip, and ZTE_V889F_V880G_V955_A2_Drivers.zip), along with a checksums file I generated for the container ZIP (would've attached those files and checksums for them individually, but the forum software refuses to deal with .7z files).

Attachments