• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery][LG-H901] Updated TWRP 3.0.0.0 (Still unofficial)

Search This thread

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Ok, I need some help. I just installed the rom over stock. I installed the correct xposed file. It was working great for a couple of hours and through a few reboots. I installed an xposed module to turn off USB and MTP notifications while plugged in. Now it won't boot. It is stuck at the LG logo. I have tried getting into recovery and nothing works. Any ideas how to get into recover? Right now it has been sitting at the LG logo for 7 minutes. Should I just wait a see if it starts up eventually?

EDIT: Ok got into fastboot and from there into recovery. Gonna try reflashing the rom and if not I'll just go to my backup until I can factory reset and reinstall

EDIT: Whew, looks like reinstalling the rom worked... it is optimizing and hopefully all is well. Thanks the OP for the rom.

Are you in the right thread?

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA Labs

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
Lol yours is funny so it nulls out the nasty sarcasm
It wasn't meant to be nasty... I grinned the whole time I was typing it... I may have even chuckled a tad bit.

Sent from the dry erase board on my fridge

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

BTW, if I was being nasty it would have looked more like this...
24abec0eefcfa20ac267607469694af5.jpg

Sent from the dry erase board on my fridge

KAsp3rd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
Just a quick update... I've not had much time but I do have the time working correctly now, however I've reintroduced the long booting times so I am working on that before my next release, it's all kernel related... As for official support, I've never asked @Dees_Troy to support the device nor will I as I could trade it in any day (never know when I'll see a new device I like)

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
Just a quick update... I've not had much time but I do have the time working correctly now, however I've reintroduced the long booting times so I am working on that before my next release, it's all kernel related... As for official support, I've never asked @Dees_Troy to support the device nor will I as I could trade it in any day (never know when I'll see a new device I like)

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
NOOOOOO! YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE WITH THE V10 FOREVER!

Common sense isn't all that common

KAsp3rd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
@KAsp3rd , have you seen this?

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xda-developers.com/?p=139051&share_tid=139051&share_fid=3793

TWRP 3.0.0 Has Been Released

Didn't know they released already. I've not synced my sources with them in a day or so. I've been waiting for them to officially launch 3.x before I released mine.

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
Didn't know they released already. I've not synced my sources with them in a day or so. I've been waiting for them to officially launch 3.x before I released mine.
Cool, I just saw and read it earlier, your current one is pretty damn good as it is now so I can't complain... Was merely just bringing it to your attention... Thank you for all the hard work...

Reactions: KAsp3rd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is your unofficial TWRP

Please report all issues on my github so I can track them

Download the update!
    Merged in TWRP 3.0.0.0
    Fixed the time issue Bug in LG's kernel (however daylight savings time does not work when set on/off in recovery)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24407100847293244
    md5: f7c84c5328fb073a1a57fb75dc70191a
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086988199
    md5: 736456843ecaa2b65fbbb749008e1ff3

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347853160
    md5: f6d38b88b51d8cc39635534b559f719f

This requires you to have an unlocked bootloader which will wipe data if you have not unlocked already.

Recovery does take some time to boot It has taken up to 45 seconds for the TWRP curtain to show for me

To get to bootloader without adb:
    Turn device off
    Hold Vol Down
    Insert USB plug while plugged into your PC
    Hold Vol Down until fastboot pops up

Instructions:
    If you have issues with adb or fastboot follow this post: HERE
    If bootloader is unlocked:
    reboot into bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img
    fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img

If your bootloader is locked:
    enabled developer options
    in developer options "Enable OEM unlock"
    reboot into bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery  twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img
    fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img

Known issues:
    You get to see that it's not truly 2 displays
    Time is not saved from Android to Recovery
    Display does not turn off when it times out

I've messaged @KAsp3rd to include it in his OP.

ONLY PERFORM IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FLASHED TWRP AND CREATED AN EXTERNAL BACKUP!!!
    1. Hold Volume Down
    2. Hold Power button until you see LG screen
    3. Release Power button and then rehold Power button
    4. Follow on-screen prompts to perform a Factory Reset (If you have TWRP, this should not actually factory reset, but there has been one case of it doing it, that's why I suggest keeping a copy of your backup on your computer), may take a minute to boot into TWRP
    5. Enjoy TWRP without fastboot

EDIT: On hold until verified on latest TWRP/more devices.

Device tree is here https://github.com/KAsp3rd/android_device_lge_h901

Compiled using omnirom 5.1 with 6.0 bootable/recovery

Get superSU from chainfire http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Thanks to @TheJesus @shabbypenguin @Dees_Troy @_that @bigbiff @helicopter88 @savoca @autoprime and anyone I've forgotten.
    android has a file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh when you boot up it overwrites teh recovery with stock, chances are its doing that.

boot into fastboot, flash it, then use

fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.0-h901.img

that will drop you into recovery (it takes like 30 seconds) form there you can do a syou wish, then click on reboot system and it will remove that file so youll have twrp always.
    3.0.0.0 Has been released... OP updated with link and changelog
    Submitting as "official" to TWRP as well as trying to get the theme to only show on the main screen so we can see the temperature on the screen
    Just got moved from the hotel to the new house. I'll have 3.x out tonight or tomorrow after we get some unpacking done.