• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[RECOVERY LOCKED/ME7] Safestrap Recovery v3.62 [WIP DISCUSSION]

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Western New York does have crap for reception/options. I live in Saratoga and 4g is great here. As long as you have Verizon. I mean full bars all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

hollovoid

Feb 16, 2010
Rochester, NY
Western New York does have crap for reception/options. I live in Saratoga and 4g is great here. As long as you have Verizon. I mean full bars all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
I get full 4g everywhere out here.. even in the most rural areas, don't see how anybody is going to match it when the other carriers don't even have a tower to upgrade to 4g lol.

myfishbear

Nov 11, 2010
Northren NJ
its simple to use. basically its like a normal twrp recovery but instead of writing over your system base it places it on the sdcard. so to install a rom you create a romslot, 2gb seems to be the best choice for this device, then install the rom into this slot. this allows you not to mess with the base system.

Reactions: decaturbob

jamskies

Sep 16, 2013
its simple to use. basically its like a normal twrp recovery but instead of writing over your system base it places it on the sdcard. so to install a rom you create a romslot, 2gb seems to be the best choice for this device, then install the rom into this slot. this allows you not to mess with the base system.
And I've seen conflicting information about if that takes away from the 16GB that my device has. Will any of the 16 be used? Believe it or not, I've not truly altered the ROM in the past, and I decided to do it this time, and it just happens I choose to do it on the most complicated device!

Thanks so much for your help and patience!

bfmetcalf

Feb 22, 2011
And I've seen conflicting information about if that takes away from the 16GB that my device has. Will any of the 16 be used? Believe it or not, I've not truly altered the ROM in the past, and I decided to do it this time, and it just happens I choose to do it on the most complicated device!

Thanks so much for your help and patience!
Yes, it will take away from your 16GB of storage...

bikedude880

Sep 13, 2013
Definitely good news for those that are stuck with non loki firmwares.
Just read on IRC:
Code:
 Hashcode | I think I figured out what went wrong :P                                         
 Hashcode | 2 parts                                                                          
 Hashcode | I needed to have this custom init binary which skips the /dev,/proc,/sys mounts  
          | (they're up already when 2nd-init hits)                                          
 Hashcode | And my parse/replace function isn't working right                                
 Hashcode | to setup the virtual partitions                                                  
 Hashcode | Soon as I can get this to happen automatically, w/o patching files, I'll put up a
          | new SS.                                                                          
 Hashcode | Tho there are some bugs in SS to work out still.  I'm seeing an error when wiping
          | on /cache                                                                        
 Hashcode | it's complaining about SELinux                                                   
 Hashcode | And /sdcard isn't mapping correctly

SpookySager

Aug 23, 2013
Due to the YouTube video I just saw from Hashcode...

There was mention a while back of a new thread being started for SS compatible ROMs...I'm assuming this is something that Hashcode will start once SS is ready?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

HORiZUN

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
I'm anxious to try out the GPE ROM on the new safestrap up HashCode's sleeve.. Maybe even some of the modded stock roms in the development section. Heck, maybe BOTH roms at the same time.. :) Good times are in store. Thanks, Hash. You're the man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: j510
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone