• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][M86][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0 for Meizu PRO5

Search This thread

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow
DISCLAIMER
I'm not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken handsets.
Notice
The recovery can't be flashed to the handset with locked bootloader! Unlock it first!

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom and stock (with some remarks) ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Update 01.04.2016 (it is not a joke ;))
First stable release
Have fixed screen flickering and UI lagging

Update 29.03.2016
It's alive! First experimental working build published at internal 4pda Russian board.

Download
TWRP 3.0 M86 fastboot flashable image
TWRP 3.0 M86 flashable zip
Stock Recovery flashable zip
Unlocked BL flashable zip

Install
With BL unlocked reboot into fastboot mode and flash:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86.img

Cautions
Before flashing stock rom with TWRP replace bootloader file with unlocked one inside rom archive!!!!
Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)

Last edited:

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Great mate, u've stolen my idea in the end, right ?! :D

Gooooood work, thank u very much ! Testing wip :highfive:

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Nein, first step doesn't work :eek:

Flashing unlocked BL through stock recovery, I get always the same result :

:(

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Didn't we discuss it yesterday ? No official zip signature => not flashable with locked bootloader...

Ahahah yes yes but the purpose of BL_UNLOCKED.ZIP is to unlock bootloader. But in order to flash it correctly... we've to have the bootloader already unlocked :D

Damn it, it's really stupid, right ?

naboleo

Aug 4, 2006
Filename could lead to confusion, sure... It's needed for this :
Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)"
Meanning flash 3 files from custom recovery without rebooting

Anyway this is not a catch-22, leaked beta from tutorial is the entry point

Last edited:
Reactions: PYCON

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
Will this work on a device that was originally the Chinese variant but changed to the international one after editing the proinfo file? I'm really eager to try this but I'd hate to jump in blindly and brick...

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
ID is only checked while using stock recovery .... Anyway it's safe, i'm in the same case and worked
Oh man that's great to hear! Thanks. Bought myself a laptop specifically to get my PRO 5 all TWRP'd up.

One last thing. I have updated firmwares many times in the last couple of months with full factory wipes each time, currently on the latest test version. Will the bootloader unlock in the tutorial still work? Meizu can't have patched anything. Right?

naboleo

Aug 4, 2006
One last thing. I have updated firmwares many times in the last couple of months with full factory wipes each time, currently on the latest test version. Will the bootloader unlock in the tutorial still work? Meizu can't have patched anything. Right?
Never had troubles to downgrade to leaked beta

Last edited:

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
mate problem solved..now finally i can go into twrp it's fantastic but there is a problem...when i try to put a update.zip (nodified with unlock bootloader) the pc give me an error: impossible transfer file and the phone reboot

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
That TWRP works perfectly for me, backup nandroid, restore it, flash ZIP rom and ZIP other ( Xposed, etc ), no problem at all :highfive:

Good job !!! Great, thx !!!

borisku

mate problem solved..now finally i can go into twrp it's fantastic but there is a problem...when i try to put a update.zip (nodified with unlock bootloader) the pc give me an error: impossible transfer file and the phone reboot
I assume youare still on 5.6.1.19: Thats an error with this version.... put the updatefile manually (in the PC) on the external sd and flash via TWRP... you should later update your modified Pro 5 to 5.1.3.0, the error ist gone then...

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006

Copy UPDATE.ZIP from PC to phone BUT CONNECTING THE PHONE WHEN IT'S OPENED TWRP :)

MTP mode works great, even u'r on 5.6.1.19 :highfive:

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Sometimes... Rarely... A strange thing happens :

I go to INSTALL in order to flash a ZIP of something but... NO MEMORY SEEMS TO BE ACCESSIBLE :confused:

If I reboot another time into recovery, all my memory contents is perfect and visible... :silly: Really strange !!!

G

GuestK00392

Sometimes... Rarely... A strange thing happens :

I go to INSTALL in order to flash a ZIP of something but... NO MEMORY SEEMS TO BE ACCESSIBLE :confused:

If I reboot another time into recovery, all my memory contents is perfect and visible... :silly: Really strange !!!

Have you installed the updated TWRP (20-04-16) : http://xep.8800.org/pro5/
I tried the old (30-03-16), and I noticed some bugs, like flash screen when touching the screen buttons...
Maybe I helped you :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    I'm not responsible for any damage, bootloop, bricked or broken handsets.
    Notice
    The recovery can't be flashed to the handset with locked bootloader! Unlock it first!

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom and stock (with some remarks) ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Update 01.04.2016 (it is not a joke ;))
    First stable release
    Have fixed screen flickering and UI lagging

Update 29.03.2016
    It's alive! First experimental working build published at internal 4pda Russian board.

Download
    TWRP 3.0 M86 fastboot flashable image
    TWRP 3.0 M86 flashable zip
    Stock Recovery flashable zip
    Unlocked BL flashable zip

Install
    With BL unlocked reboot into fastboot mode and flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86.img

Cautions
    Before flashing stock rom with TWRP replace bootloader file with unlocked one inside rom archive!!!!
    Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)
    Filename could lead to confusion, sure... It's needed for this :
    Another method is to flash unlocked BL and TWRP zips immediately after flashing stock rom (need testing)"
    Meanning flash 3 files from custom recovery without rebooting

Anyway this is not a catch-22, leaked beta from tutorial is the entry point
    Help

Can you help me unlock the bootloader of my meizu m5??:confused: