• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][maple]TWRP for the Xperia XZ Premium

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
NOTICE: As per continuously offending post by people like @FartyParty I don't feel like doing anything for the XZP currently. Enjoy.

P.S: Go to hell if you think free / community developers are your slaves just because they released their work in public

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxzpremium.html

SOURCES:
Kernel
Device Tree

BUGS:
Please let me know about any bugs you encounter, I will look into them ASAP.

MISC:
The sources are based on what @AndroPlus did so far, but all that is kept ATM is the encryption logic.
The sonyxperiadev kernel gets compiled from source (linked above) and I'm not using any stock code other than the encryption code anymore. A lot of code also has been removed/cleaned up.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
Myself5

Version Information

Created 2017-07-20
Last Updated 2018-09-13

oneheart

Mar 17, 2011
That's great. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

bad news !it still displays Sony logo in recovery mode ,similar to [NOSCREEN]TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Thank you so much! This is amazing!
I flashed it and it works perfectly!

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working--Adb_interface could not find the driver:crying:

Last edited:

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
That's great. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

bad news !it still displays Sony logo in recovery mode ,similar to [NOSCREEN]TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working:crying:

I'm on the same fw but did you hold power+volume down to enter twrp?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
That's great. Thank you!

on the G8142_45.0.A.7.90

What version of your firmware is ? i test on G8142_45.0.A.7.90 , it's not good working--Adb_interface could not find the driver:crying:

I'm on the same fw but did you hold power+volume down to enter twrp?

Are you both using the DualSIM variant (G8142)? I built and tested this on the SingleSIM (G8141) so I wouldn't know if there is any potential issue with the DualSIM one. Though, the recommendation to boot using the Power+Vol down combo is probably what you need to try.

EDIT: shouldnt be because of magisk. I'll upload a build that specifically uses the DualSIM kernel, maybe thats what causes your issue.
EDIT2: I derped, there is no DualSIM specific kernel, so your issue must be cause by something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdgillihan

oneheart

Mar 17, 2011
Are you both using the DualSIM variant (G8142)? I built and tested this on the SingleSIM (G8141) so I wouldn't know if there is any potential issue with the DualSIM one. Though, the recommendation to boot using the Power+Vol down combo is probably what you need to try.

EDIT: shouldnt be because of magisk. I'll upload a build that specifically uses the DualSIM kernel, maybe thats what causes your issue.
EDIT2: I derped, there is no DualSIM specific kernel, so your issue must be cause by something else.

I tried and tried ,and still failed! G8142

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
[/COLOR]

No I'm on single sim so no worries. It works perfectly! I held power+volume down and it went straight into twrp.

yes i do,Is it because of Magisk?
No, I had Magisk installed when flashing this.

Last edited:

Illux

Nov 6, 2010
Thank you so much, now all we need is a DRM fix and we are good to go.

I suppose that unlocking the bootloader is necessary to flash the recovery?

oneheart

Mar 17, 2011
I don't know what happened, but it success now!however, it cannot mount SD card

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-02-24-15-06-05.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-24-15-06-05.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Screenshot_1970-02-24-14-58-26.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-24-14-58-26.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,245
Last edited:
Reactions: Andre golil

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
Is your sdcard exFat formatted by any chance? I think that might be the cause. Will look into that later today.
It's not an issue you created but an old issue. Maybe they changed something from the old twrp versions in 3.1.1-0 and now it wont mount because of how its formatted like you said.
When I had the XZ/XZs I always used the old twrp version so it was never an issue for me but now it would be nice to find a solution for it I guess.

I ran blkid in terminal and it said ext4

Keep up the good work :good:

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v

Attachments

• IMG_20170720_182424.jpg
    IMG_20170720_182424.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Reactions: FartyParty

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Just uploaded TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple-20170720-3.img
This fixes USB OTG (tested and works), and fixes formatting the SDCard inside TWRP. I also removed V1 and V2 as they both could have gone very wrong when trying to format the USB OTG device. (The path was mapped to /dev/sda, which on maple is.. well.. the UFS storage, and therefore contains the bootloader).

Hence I strongly recommend upgrading to V3.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks to @kholk for pointing out my derp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: As per continuously offending post by people like @FartyParty I don't feel like doing anything for the XZP currently. Enjoy.

P.S: Go to hell if you think free / community developers are your slaves just because they released their work in public

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxzpremium.html

SOURCES:
    Kernel
    Device Tree

BUGS:
    Please let me know about any bugs you encounter, I will look into them ASAP.

MISC:
    The sources are based on what @AndroPlus did so far, but all that is kept ATM is the encryption logic.
    The sonyxperiadev kernel gets compiled from source (linked above) and I'm not using any stock code other than the encryption code anymore. A lot of code also has been removed/cleaned up.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
    Myself5

Version Information

Created 2017-07-20
    Last Updated 2018-09-13
    Thread temporarily closed

Thread cleaned and re-opened.
    @all, this is a development thread. Discussions in here should relate to how further the development of the project. If your post does not do that, it does not belong here.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner

Some people are sailing very close to the wind with regards to the above rule. Be warned!!!

Greg
    I appreciate the work you all put in to create these mods and apps, but what good is this recovery if it fails to do what it is meant to do, recover? So many people, including myself are having the Error: 255 and I do appreciate what you have said, that it is symptomatic of TWRP in general and not isolated to this release and the work you have done, so why release a version that is in essence, broken?

Is there anyway to restore a backup now? My phone is screwed at the moment and I would like to restore rather than re-install from scratch, due to all the visual mods and such.

Ok, so to summarize, you prefer rather no release than a "essence broken" but at the same time basically demand a recovery. Some things don't match up here.

To be fair, I never tested the backup/restore stuff. i never used it on any of my devices, I only use the recovery for what I consider 90% of the people use it. Flashing.

Surely I will right away contact Dees_Troy to take down the images right away because _you_ can't restore a backup after _you_ ****ed up _your_ phone and after _you_ didn't read the thread in order to know that _you_ should have done a different backup (e.g. Titanium Backup).

When will people start appreciating what others offer instead of complaining continuously? The bug has been reported, I spent a lot of time trying to understand it until I've eventually been told it can't be fixed, I forwarded that to you all in this thread. So why keep on nagging about it? It's not like everyone pays me.

In fact the donations don't even cover my fileserver bills at worlds worst hoster that is noez.de (stay away from them btw) but thats a different story.
    Its not built/released yet mate, due to one particular a%*hole, myself5 will do it when he feels like it.
    It is lol... Just check the twrp.me website. Been released around 3 hours after I was editing the OP.
    @Myself5
    I patched the TWRP ramdisk again and now we have a working TWRP with touch on XZ Premium @ Oreo. :)
    It's included in XperiFIX, but if somebody needs the recovery only, here is it: XZP_TWRP_Oreo.img