[Recovery][MI 8 SE]TWRP recovery 3.2.1 For Mi8SE

Search This thread

zerodi

Jun 4, 2010
cebu, ph
i just followed these steps and after flashing the china dev rom it locked my bootloader.. I know why because the sellers on AliExpress use some sort of hack tool to illegally unlock the bootloader so now im in my 15 days wait period hahaha

By then maybe all this TWRP stuff has been sorted out. Im just gonna use that chinese 3.2.1 to be safe flash a stock android rom until the peeps at .EU Roms have fixed the issue also, or proberly they must wait for MIUI team fix ...

:) excellent phone though cant use it yet, need pixel rom on it hahaha

Install China developer official rom
Flash TWRP 3.2.1 ( don't use 3.2.3 )
install latest xiaomi EU rom via TWRP
Problem solved
Now my phone boot well

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Anybody could found GoogleCamera that work on mi8SE ?
I download 6 different versions but all of them not work

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I have upgrade from TWRP 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 (link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IeCtb6vRO4CRe76s0BD_5TQiSnymPBTT) and it is a big mistake.
I was on ROS ROM 8.12.6 and has a little issue and now can only go to fastboot. Trying to use miflash tool to recover. Anyone has any better idea?

Mi flash works perfectly and is quite fast, should be fine only 2-3 steps select extracted rom folder - click refresh so your device is seen - make sure the 3 check holes at the bottom the rightmost is checked - click flash

i just had the issue of my bootloader getting locked but if you did it the offical way its all good

i_am_root

Mar 31, 2017
Maybe someone can help me.
Purchased this phone not so long ago. Turned out the seller is very shady and ROM is not cool.
Want to change it to a stable version but last time I flashed via twrp it seems to be overwritten: No twrp now.
Weird also, every time i try to flash via fastboot it fails (PowerShell won't return command line to me). There has to be a way since the shady seller had twrp installed.
Tried several different versions downloaded from across the internet. Nothing.
Can anyone help me, why am I failing to flash twrp?

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Purchased this phone not so long ago. Turned out the seller is very shady and ROM is not cool.
Want to change it to a stable version but last time I flashed via twrp it seems to be overwritten: No twrp now.
Weird also, every time i try to flash via fastboot it fails (PowerShell won't return command line to me). There has to be a way since the shady seller had twrp installed.
What TWRP version do you flash?
In my view you should flash an official MIflash rom (tgz fastboot rom) and then after you will be able to flash a new TWRP.

yoedi16

Apr 8, 2013
tasikmalaya
Don't flash lattest version it is buggy and will make your device stuck in fastboot mode, flash 8.12.20 version eu or miroom your choice..for now your best betbis to flash using miflash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forgive My Poor English :)
    It's For MI 8 SE (Not For MI 8)
    A Chinese Developer done this

NEW VERSION IS HERE

• The author's weibo :WEIBO

NEED UNLOCK BOOTLOADER and you can flash this recovery

Features and Notice:
    1.Support Encrypt Data Partition
    2.Support Full Size offical MIUI ROM
    3.NEED UNLOCK BOOTLOADER and you can flash this recovery
    4.You can ROOT(magisk is the default) or UNROOT in this recovery
    More Partition in BACKUP/RECOVER
    flash .bin & .mbn in Recovery(WARNING : DO NOT SELECT WRONG PARTITION)
    and some other things

DOWNLOAD
    DOWNLOAD LINK

HOW TO FLASH
    • Power off your phone and press volume down key and press power key to boot to Fastboot Mode
    • Download Fastboot tools...(Sorry I can't provide this tool)
    • open a command line(cmd or powershell in windows) and change directory to the directory where fastboot tool locate(cd PATH/TO/FASTBOOT/TOOL), then you can use fastboot simplely
    • use
      Code:
       fastboot flash recovery [PATH TO THE IMAGE FILE YOU DOWNLOADED]
      to flash
    • then use
      Code:
       fastboot reboot recovery
      to boot the recovery

IF YOUR BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED,but you wanna try it
    • You can use
      Code:
       fastboot boot [PATH TO THE IMAGE FILE YOU DOWNLOADED]
      to boot the recovery(not flash recovery)
    (not sure 100% success)
    Do anything on YOUR OWN RISK

Pictures(and How to set language to English )
    I'm not the Author,again..
    the author is wzsx150 from LR.TEAM
    If you are using Xiaomi MI 8 OR OTHER PHONE,DO NOT FLASH THIS RECOVERY IN THIS THREAD.

Pictures:
    you can floow these steps to set language to English

Decrypt data partition (input your password or you cant mount data partition)
    IMG_E0989_.JPG

Next screen is 'Keep system partition read-only'
    Left bottom is keep system RO,Right Buttom is change Language(no pic :))

this is the Main screen and you can follow these steps to change Language to ENGLISH
    IMG_E0990.JPG

IMG_E0991.JPG

IMG_E0992.JPG
    Only one for SE is de Miui EU rom, but all the releases seem to have an issue with booting up
    Download EU rom again, they fixed the bootlopp today!!!
    What about treble? We could use custom roms just like Redmi Note 5 pro with A partition support
    I don't understand, Do I need to flash the recovery twice?

First you use
    fastboot boot [recovery file]
    to boot recovery(now the phone goes into recovery)
    then use the recovery(you booted) flash the recovery fileinto your phone(you selected recovery file will replace the stock one)
    TECHNICALLY, it will successfully flash in and work fine(not fine for miui's ota)