Notice: This is a dedicated thread for unofficial TWRP builds with msm-4.9 kernel. If you don't know why you're here, you probably want to just stick with whatever recovery you're using right now.
This is basically a tl;dr thread.
I don't want to make a thread that everyone will lazy to read.
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
/* * Your warranty might not be void (thanks Xiaomi). However... * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this RECOVERY * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Redmi Note 4(X) (of course)
- Unlocked bootloader
- Some knowledge on how to deal with your device... and patience.
Flashing InstructionsI assume you've done (very) basic steps on preparing to flash your device.
- Reboot device to bootloader. If device is powered off, press and hold Power + Volume Down button until tinkering Mi Bunny with "FASTBOOT" text appears.
- Under same directory as TWRP image and ADB/Fastboot executables (if ever required), type this command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.x.x-y-KudProject-mido.img
- (???) You know the rest.
- You tell me?
- Dees_Troy and everyone behind TWRP
- Acknowledgements for msm-4.9 kernel port: https://kudnet.id/~raw/mido-4.9
- Everyone on Redmi Note 4(X) community