Recovery Mode?

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
Xperia M2 with stock ROM unrooted

Hi, I've looked at all the generic click-bait sites (vol+ + power, vol- + power) etc none of which seem to get me into recovery. This is an ancient phone of mine and I have no idea what the code is (and don't care). What I'm looking to do is a factory reset.

I've tried the latest flashtool but although that detects the phone (drivers installed), the right hand button to load all the models doesn't work (some dialog flashes briefly and disappears).

So, any ideas on the magic button incantation to get it into stock recovery mode?

f2065

Sep 5, 2007
Moscow
f2065.ru
This is an ancient phone of mine and I have no idea what the code is (and don't care).
The entrance to the recovery is via Power+VolDown, but it is available only after installing the recovery…

I've tried the latest flashtool but although that detects the phone (drivers installed), the right hand button to load all the models doesn't work (some dialog flashes briefly and disappears).
Some new versions of flashtool did not work correctly with this phone!
I recommend using version 0.9.18.6
The final factory firmware for your region for flashtool can be downloaded using XperiFirm