[RECOVERY][MT6735] TWRP-3.0.2 for Lenovo Tab3 7 (TB3-730X)

Search This thread

wa.v

Apr 18, 2007
'Hi guys, i have problem after flash Magisk via TWRP. System boot correctly and i have root permissions, but after boot into recovery. Via adb or via pressing power/vol-, then appear classic simple android recovery. This recovery has 10% functionality than TWRP. It can´t realize flashing and recovery main system. I have for testing cheap device Lenovo Tab 3-7 and ompiled file for flashing v. 3.0.2 and 3.1.1.
Could you help me?
After reflashing TWRP, then start normaly TWRP, but after reboot to recovery i have only standard android recovery - not TWRP.
Thx in adv.
Vlada

0xAF

Apr 18, 2008
'Hi guys, i have problem after flash Magisk via TWRP. System boot correctly and i have root permissions, but after boot into recovery. Via adb or via pressing power/vol-, then appear classic simple android recovery. This recovery has 10% functionality than TWRP. It can´t realize flashing and recovery main system. I have for testing cheap device Lenovo Tab 3-7 and ompiled file for flashing v. 3.0.2 and 3.1.1.
Could you help me?
After reflashing TWRP, then start normaly TWRP, but after reboot to recovery i have only standard android recovery - not TWRP.
Thx in adv.
Vlada

Read the first post correctly.
You have booted TWRP, not flashed it.
When you boot TWRP it will be there until you reboot the device.
If you want TWRP permanently, then you need to flash it.
Read the first post!

Reactions: wa.v

wa.v

Apr 18, 2007
I flashed via TWRP xposed-v89-sdk23-arm64 today, works ok. But on the system partition is small space for it. Need to remove some system app. I removed big Lenovo tutorial app for example.

0xAF

Apr 18, 2008
it's very hard steps
is there another explanation simplified with pictures or video ?

Actually it is very simple, if you have flashed rom or recovery on any android before.
If you find these steps hard, or if you do not understand fully what you're doing in these steps, then my advice is to find someone who can help you with this. Do not try it yourself, unless you have few days for reading on how to fix your device, and the intuition to find the information yourself. If you do not understand what is going on, then you will probably brick your device.
If you are going to try it anyway, then my suggestion is the follow the steps very carefully.

KhaledOnLine

May 17, 2013
Actually it is very simple, if you have flashed rom or recovery on any android before.
If you find these steps hard, or if you do not understand fully what you're doing in these steps, then my advice is to find someone who can help you with this. Do not try it yourself, unless you have few days for reading on how to fix your device, and the intuition to find the information yourself. If you do not understand what is going on, then you will probably brick your device.
If you are going to try it anyway, then my suggestion is the follow the steps very carefully.

can you please make a video tutorial with the steps ?
Or with pictures like this article : https://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-galaxy-grand-2-lte-sm-g7105

sun_dream

Aug 28, 2007
WenZhou
Hi.
When TWRP is started for the first time, it asks to modify the system partition.
I answered NO, NEVER. I saw some posts about other MTK devices and other people seems to have problems like yours when TWRP modify the system partition.
Is this your case?
If yes, then you need to download the original firmware and flash it on the device. After that you need to flash the recovery again.
I've downloaded the original firmware from Russian forum (this post: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=731493&st=20#entry52434543). Here is direct link: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Fjd9/u7e8mUbhq )
This is the last TB3-730X firmware. Do not try 710 firmwares, they should not work and it is probably dangerous to flash it. I dont know for 730F, this one could work, but anyway, download the the 730X firmware from the link above.
I guess you will need the SPFlash Tool to flash the firmware.

Hope this helps.

730f work(730x twrp)

Reactions: 0xAF

sany

Nov 13, 2006
Help please

- Once unlocked, you can use "fastboot boot TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img" to start TWRP.
How to go about this step please...once unlocked, will there be an option to select this file?

thanks
S

sany

Nov 13, 2006
I came till this step:

- Reboot device in Fastboot Mode (Bootloader mode), either with "adb reboot bootloader" or with VolDown+Power, to enter Recovery mode and then select "Reboot into bootloader"

The moment I select reboot into bootloader mode> I get a black screen and at the bottom I see 'fastboot more.....'
I dont see the below options to select either - and also the next step .....
- Once unlocked, you can use "fastboot boot TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img" to start TWRP.

......I have copied the recover image file in the root folder too....but not sure how to go about doing 'you can use "fastboot TWRP XXXX' as mentioned above.

Someone please help - I am going mad with this stupid Lenovo tab, struggling with this and problem in everything and no rescue from any workarounds...

vntungdjnh

Sep 4, 2018
Hi....

cmd thông báo [[19. Omnit original "unlock" command and continue with "fastboot boot TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img"]] thư mục trống không .
tôi phải làm sao ...
ai giúp tôi ?

Last edited:

vntungdjnh

Sep 4, 2018
Hi! Please. Is it necessary to flash the firmware via SP flashTool? Isn't there a solution to flash it simply with TWRP? Thanx.
Tôi
Very thankx. Nhưng hiện tại nó không thể truy cập "flash file zip " trong trình điều khiển. Tôi không thể sử dụng recovery để thao tác.

A.a.a1

May 3, 2014
Hello
Can someone help me
l have flashing the twrp is work fine
In start but after Restart the tab is stuck in lenovo logo and back to stock recovery
And need flash official rom to work again
How l can fix this problem ??
@0xAF

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fh2zjkNt.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    [/CENTER]

Credits:
    - TWRP Team

Device: Lenovo Tab3 7 Tablet - TB3-730X
    Do not flash this on TB3-730F. The F model has different chipset and this recovery will softbrick it.
    @sun_dream reported that 730F is working. So you can probably flash it, but be prepared with OFW, in case something goes wrong.

Instructions:
    IMPORTANT: read all instructions at least once, before starting.
    Note: If you're are a newbie, you can read more detailed instructions by honzazkrumlova here
    - Download from link below.
    - Enable "USB debugging" from developer options.
    - Enable "OEM Unlocking" from developer options.
    - Reboot device in Fastboot Mode (Bootloader mode), either with "adb reboot bootloader" or with VolDown+Power, to enter Recovery mode and then select "Reboot into bootloader"
    - Unlock the bootloader with "fastboot flashing unlock" or "fastboot oem unlock" and follow the instructions on the tablet. (WARNING: This will erase all your data - Factory Reset)
    - When TWRP ask to modify system partition, answer "NO". Otherwise you will soft-brick your device and you will have to flash the original firmware and start from the beginning.
    - If you want root - flash SuperSU, or as the user @Kellicros reported, you can flash Magisk 11.1.
    - If you want XPosed, get it here.
    - If you want to permanently flash the recovery, use "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img".
    - If you use it on any other Lenovo Tab3 7 device, please post the model.
    - Thanks is always welcome.

Downloads:
    TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.zip (well tested, consider it stable)
    TWRP_3.1.1_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.zip

Unbrick your device:
    Follow this thread
    Thanks for the info, I've updated the OP, to link to your post.

yes, this would be helpful for many users:D
    Strange.
    TWRP does not depend on your /system/build.prop... it has it's own.
    If you have problems with TWRP, then the problem should be somewhere else.
    Perhaps hardware problem?
    Think again what have you done so far and what could be the root of the problem.

So far,,
    About 6 months ago, I installed twrp and was working,by mistake I broke screen but still working well, wiped entire system including bootloader, than tab was useless since than,
    I dissembled each part of tab and reassembled too,
    I flashed OFW and tab is again working great but whenever I try to install twrp,first it runs open recovery script and shows mount error so there is mount issue,storage is shown null(0mb),and device gets bootloop and bricked, so I have to again flash OFW to make tab alive,
    Dont know where problem is occurring
    May be because I have Indian verient and firmware is for another country verient

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Yesterday, when for first time I installed twrp, it asked for some decryption password
    Dont know what is that! Is that issue because of encrypted system or something?
    apparently, with the brick, a connection error came because my tablet was keeping connecting and disconnecting from the pc so the SPFT couldn't do anything, all i got from the tool was a blank window and continuous connected/disconnected sounds from the os (windows 10). Googled after it and took all usb cables i could find in my house and tried and eventualy (6th cable) it started downloading!!!
    YOU just unbricked my tablet! THANK YOU!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

So now, i have to start all over again with the TWRP but first of all, boot in it and do a backup and after this, flash it with adb!!! It have 10% battery right now, so i will do it later and hopefully i will succeed!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!

You Are Most Welcome

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Thanks for the info, I've updated the OP, to link to your post.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/mt6735-stock-firmware-unbrick-lenovo-t3695575

I just created a Thread regarding firmware flashing,
    new issue is coming out,twrp showing all storages 0 MB
    and there is some type of bootloop of twrp
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone